20220423 - PL Match Thread - Brentford FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 13 | Vital Football

20220423 - PL Match Thread - Brentford FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• Win

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Loss

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People say Conte is a genius but why can he not see that a system is not working is he so arrogant that he believes he is never wrong and his system and who he picks is always right. Any second rate coach could see things were not working and personnel needed changing. Why wait until 76th minute to change things but not in a positive way. I have not been impressed at all we are still boring. He stands there like he has no clue what to do
Agreed...also first half how come not one of our defenders seemed to be aware that Toney was always free AND getting the ball from corners

The truth is that without Kane providing some magic that we struggle to create anything.

The last two games, Kane has been well marshaled and we have been severely lacking on ideas on how to create a single goal scoring chance.

Moura was on the pitch far too late. Within minutes he broke free and was running into the box with Kane and Son to pass to before he was scythed down. That's what we needed from kick off. When Moura gets tired bring on Kulu.

Brentford were probing but we defended pretty well. We showed little interest in winning the game but Conte set us up not to lose. I reckon we earned the point but only just.

Surely Conte will have seen enough of the wingbacks after last week and today.

A system/formation change is needed for the last few games.

If Conte persists with the wingbacks then surely other options need to tried there.
Spot on My observation is the Wing back system does not work, they can not take on players, they can not defend, they can not pass always stuck at the back like full back. So what F the point taking space of an extra midfielder. Conte is too stubborn bin the wing backs

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

So many things.

I just wonder, if there's ever a time where he's thought, 'Maybe I should make a big change up front, see what happens...'

And then I also wonder if that even matters.

It doesn't really feel like 'winning the game' is the goal here. That sounds crazy, but I'm struggling to define what it is that I'm seeing, from a coaching/tactical perspective.

I mean, maybe the players are doing poorly? How can you tell if oyu can't tell what it is that they are trying to do. Maybe they're doing exactly what he wants? And when it doesn't work, he finds a way to lay it off on other things?

This isnt what any rational person would describe as "Ebb & Flow". This is a sign of issues.

The way we've played since being made favourites for 4th suggests to me we will be out of the race by the time the NLD comes round. Conte is too pedantic and unable to accept his setup isn't working with crap wing backs in Emerson and Sessegnon. The obvious would be to go 352 or even 4231 to stand any chance of recovering the situation but that won't happen.

The majority of this group just don't understand the work ethic needed to be successful, it's actually an insult to hard working fans who pay good money to watch them show a lack of effort and desire to succeed while picking up obscene wages. Even the manager is overpaid, Ten Haag is reportedly going to be on £8m a year at United, why are we reportedly paying nearly double that?

I don’t think any team deserves a point when they can’t get one shot on target.

We don’t deserve top 4 either.

That's just bullshit. We deserve where we end up over 38 games. If it's 4th, it is earned.

We are a streaky team at the moment and we all have our opinions why.

But if we do manage to get to 4th there is no question that we deserve to be there.

Until it's over and we stil have a chance we need to move ahead with what we have.

If you want to get pissed off, get pissed off at Graham Scott and his allowance of Villa's bullshit because we really miss Doherty. No way that shit happens against other top teams.

We are Spurs on the way up. It won't be linear but the trend is in the right direction.

Our away support never gives in. Ex was part of that today.

Get Kane out of this club. Until he leaves we will never ever evolve.

The thing is, wherever he goes, he’ll flourish. It seems that any player wearing a Spurs shirt is playing with a mental cap of limited success.
Eriksen enjoyed himself today and showed he gave a toss, unlike his last 12 Months with Spurs. Why?
Why, with an overpaid Conte do we continue to disappoint but not surprise us loyal supporters, who are emotionally drained after decades of vanilla Spursyness?
This result has massive consequences that we’ll be paying for in so many ways for years to come.

That's just bullshit. We deserve where we end up over 38 games. If it's 4th, it is earned.

We are a streaky team at the moment and we all have our opinions why.

But if we do manage to get to 4th there is no question that we deserve to be there.

Until it's over and we stil have a chance we need to move ahead with what we have.

If you want to get pissed off, get pissed off at Graham Scott and his allowance of Villa's bullshit because we really miss Doherty. No way that shit happens against other top teams.

We are Spurs on the way up. It won't be linear but the trend is in the right direction.

Our away support never gives in. Ex was part of that today.

You can’t comment on games were yet to play. We don’t deserve 4th based on how we’ve played when it matters. Mentally weak, and devoid of mixing it up.

sure, if we do a complete 180 and every player gives their all and we start playing like winners, and somehow graft 4th, then we’d deserve it.

right now, we don’t.....simple.

BTW, injuries happen. Sure we miss Doherty, but we should have the depth to cover him. That’s what top4 teams do.