20220423 - PL Match Thread - Brentford FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 24 | Vital Football

20220423 - PL Match Thread - Brentford FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• Win

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Loss

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not sure I follow your logic but nonetheless if the comparative is not relevant to your argument, no problem.

It's worth noting also though that Salah has played a lot more Champions League matches than Kane and plays for a team that play with much greater intensity than we do, and the physical demands on Liverpool's forwards are greater than ours.

Overall my point is he's played almost continuously without the 'norma;' breaks and you can't as a top athlete either physically or mentally be at your peak all of the time as that's when debilitating long term fatigue will show itself in inconsistent performances,..let's be honest, we've played him into the ground both for us and England.

Overall my point is he's played almost continuously without the 'norma;' breaks and you can't as a top athlete either physically or mentally be at your peak all of the time as that's when debilitating long term fatigue will show itself in inconsistent performances,..let's be honest, we've played him into the ground both for us and England.

That's down to the club and managers we have had. All we have heard for 7 years is "we can't get anyone better than Harry ".

Every manager has said he will always play.

When a top club would bring in competition to play with or replace when needed.

Kane knows he is undroppable and he knows he can get away with not giving 100%.

If I were Conte I would bench him for weeks until he goes up a gear or 2. If that means playing Dane so be it.

That's down to the club and managers we have had. All we have heard for 7 years is "we can't get anyone better than Harry ".

Every manager has said he will always play.

When a top club would bring in competition to play with or replace when needed.

Kane knows he is undroppable and he knows he can get away with not giving 100%.

If I were Conte I would bench him for weeks until he goes up a gear or 2. If that means playing Dane so be it.

Yep, I've and we have made this point many many times; the situation is in control of us, we are not in control of the situation.

There's constructive criticism but this is just ridiculous. In under six months we've gone from a team that was a complete shambles and hurtling towards relegation to one that a few days ago was in the top 4. And outscoring every team in the division in the process. 'Very mediocre teams' are not capable of that unless of course all sixteen teams below them are even more mediocre.

And just out of interest, who are these 3 world class players we have? And by 'world class' I mean in the top 2 or 3 in the world in their respective positions.
The teams we beat we should be beating but on the days we beat them they outplayed us for most of the game but our 3 World class players were the difference. Hugo kept the scores down and Son and Kane demolished them up the other end. Harry especially was outstanding in these game's. In the last 2 games Harry was kept quiet which stopped us from attacking and the rest of the team which is mediocre could not step up.

The teams we beat we should be beating but on the days we beat them they outplayed us for most of the game but our 3 World class players were the difference. Hugo kept the scores down and Son and Kane demolished them up the other end. Harry especially was outstanding in these game's. In the last 2 games Harry was kept quiet which stopped us from attacking and the rest of the team which is mediocre could not step up.
'Outplayed us for most of the game'

Leeds 0-4 Spurs
Spurs 5-0 Everton
Spurs 3-1 West Ham
Spurs 5-1 Newcastle
Villa 0-4 Spurs

By any stretch of the imagination that's an unlikely sequence of scores for a team that has been outplayed for most of those matches. Perhaps being outplayed isn't such a bad thing?

When took Conte took over in November we were 8th and in a downward spiral. What were your expectations for the next six months?

Leeds 0-4 Spurs
Spurs 5-0 Everton
Spurs 3-1 West Ham
Spurs 5-1 Newcastle
Villa 0-4 Spurs

By any stretch of the imagination that's an unlikely sequence of scores for a team that has been outplayed for most of those matches. Perhaps being outplayed isn't such a bad thing?

When took Conte took over in November we were 8th and in a downward spiral. What were your expectations for the next six months?
Yeah! out played...21 goals for 2 against, 3 clean sheets, that'll do me! can we carry that on lol!

Leeds 0-4 Spurs
Spurs 5-0 Everton
Spurs 3-1 West Ham
Spurs 5-1 Newcastle
Villa 0-4 Spurs

What moving us up 3 positions but getting us knocked out of every cup competition being beaten by Mura, Middlesbrough and Chelsea. Great leaps forward. With Man utd playing awful Arsenal being up and down. You put those results but before that we were really struggling now we have 2 games with no shots on target against 2 bottom half teams. I would not be saying we are anything but decent on our best days but on our other days we struggle against the lowest teams

What moving us up 3 positions but getting us knocked out of every cup competition being beaten by Mura, Middlesbrough and Chelsea. Great leaps forward. With Man utd playing awful Arsenal being up and down. You put those results but before that we were really struggling now we have 2 games with no shots on target against 2 bottom half teams. I would not be saying we are anything but decent on our best days but on our other days we struggle against the lowest teams

38 games. The we will see

You didn't answer the question I asked you.

Given the position we were in the table when Conte took over, and the mess the team was in, what were your expectations of where would be today?

21 goals in those 5 games.

Kane and Son only got half of them. Doherty got 2, Kulu got 2 and Reggie, Davies, Emerson and Bergwijn all registered.

As for assists Kane and Son only got 6 of them. There were contributions from Doherty 3, Kulu 3, Sess, Hojbjerg and Lucas.

But we are only a 2 man team !!!

21 goals in those 5 games.

Kane and Son only got half of them. Doherty got 2, Kulu got 2 and Reggie, Davies, Emerson and Bergwijn all registered.

As for assists Kane and Son only got 6 of them. There were contributions from Doherty 3, Kulu 3, Sess, Hojbjerg and Lucas.

But we are only a 2 man team !!!
A 2 man team muttley, not a 1 man, then we are certainly up beat and on our way up lol!

You didn't answer the question I asked you.

Given the position we were in the table when Conte took over, and the mess the team was in, what were your expectations of where would be today?

I would expect to see us fighting for a trophy and be consistent not out of every cup competition and still playing one good game every 3