20220119 - PL Match Thread - Leicester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 11 | Vital Football

20220119 - PL Match Thread - Leicester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• Win

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Loss

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the 67 years I have been watching Spurs I have never, to my memory, seen a game like that. So many superlatives! Incredible! Unbelievable! Fantastic! Bergwyn must not be sold. All he needs is a consistent run. Just think what that will do to his confidence. Sorry Greavsie!!!!
Just a couple of observations 1954...

Bergwijn always gives me the impression of not fit for 90 mins (may be his demeanour?). Against tiring legs it was a perfect platform for him.

To counter that, I too agree that match sharpeness and fitness comes with regular game time. On that note, I liked him at the start of the season when he, moura and Son were supposed to be our strike force. Kane's return has a lot to answer for, but sod's law, the latter had a good game tonight!

Here's hoping everyone involved tonight will have learnt something. It was definitely an all round TEAM effort for the full 97+ minutes!

You're talking a lot of sense tonight. I keep liking your posts :LOL:

Davies still concerns me, but he was better tonight. I don't like Davinson in the centre. I think it will be Romero, Dier, Davies but everyone keeps telling me that Romero played central when he won the Serie A defender of the year.
That chance in the 2nd half when Davies brainlessly ran out of the space he was covering only to leave a Leicester player a 1 on 1 with the keeper was utterly atrocious defending. How can somebody as experienced as him read the game so poorly? I believe that would have put us 3-1 down at that stage and likely killed the game. We certainly can upgrade in the LCB position.

I loved the tactical set up that Conte played. Having the back 3 switching the player that breaks out, that meant Leicester struggled to pick up our runner into midfield. We always seemed to have an out ball & a push into the final third. Fantastic game plan that also allowed us to spread the play wide
Whilst I’m not a formation sort of bloke I prefer this 352 set up to the more normal Conte 433. In fact did we not have a fair result against Liverpool using the 2 up top.

That chance in the 2nd half when Davies brainlessly ran out of the space he was covering only to leave a Leicester player a 1 on 1 with the keeper was utterly atrocious defending. How can somebody as experienced as him read the game so poorly? I believe that would have put us 3-1 down at that stage and likely killed the game. We certainly can upgrade in the LCB position.

Yes, you can see it as well. We take a 28 year old average LB and start pretending he's a competent LCB. He just isn't, and can't transition his long term football muscle memory that quickly. Look how long it is taking Dier to transition. He also has the physiology to be a centre half. Davies doesn't.

I'd persist with Japhet in LCB until Bastoni joins :LOL:

Well I just got home...and let me tell you...his was an entertaining read!!! LOL love you guys.

I am so happy for my boy Stevie B!!! (now hope to hell we keep him....)

I didn't get the right score...but glad I changed my prediction to a win!!

Walt my friend...thanks for covering while I am at work!!! I can't wait to see highlights of this match!