2022 Windies Tour | Page 2 | Vital Football

2022 Windies Tour

England win the toss and bat.

Joe, complete with hairband, bats at 3. Hope not to see him before kick off!

EDIT- that worked well - he's in to a healthy rendition of the GCB and off the mark with a 1st ball boundary

Last edited:
It's not picking 'em IBF it's getting the buggers to perform!
Thought Lees was unlucky with his review , hard to tell bat or pad 1st.
Now 4 down Lawrence just gone
4 down is our Joe out? Oh dear i've just looked on the Beeb website,Our Joe was bowled not playing a shot,no wonder TT dint mention it.England won the toss as well.:eek: UTB

Last edited:
4 down is our Joe out? Oh dear i've just looked on the Beeb website,Our Joe was bowled not playing a shot,no wonder TT dint mention it.England won the toss as well.:eek: UTB
Some things you have to see to judge whether it was an extravagant leave or a very good ball. I'll stick with the commentators' judgement but thanks for the help Rod.

Been busy finishing your 'one of our own 'banner ???

Some things you have to see to judge whether it was an extravagant leave or a very good ball. I'll stick with the commentators' judgement but thanks for the help Rod.

Been busy finishing your 'one of our own 'banner ???
I just wondered why you dint mention in your post TT. I don't need a banner,will you be giving One of our own a good reception at BDBL tonight? :whistle: UTB

I just wondered why you dint mention in your post TT. I don't need a banner,will you be giving One of our own a good reception at BDBL tonight? :whistle: UTB
See the MDay thread.# 15
Re Joe being out there was no one else on the thread until IBF came along so no discourse needed.

See the MDay thread.# 15
Re Joe being out there was no one else on the thread until IBF came along so no discourse needed.
Do you think that's why Our Joe dint play a shot so he could watch DEM MIGHTY BLADES on't telly TT?:unsure: Have a good evening, it's gettin near to the time for me to be making mi way to BDBL to cheer our boys on. UTB

Do you think that's why Our Joe dint play a shot so he could watch DEM MIGHTY BLADES on't telly TT?:unsure: Have a good evening, it's gettin near to the time for me to be making mi way to BDBL to cheer our boys on. UTB
I was worried he'd be batting whilst the game was on so it was a blessing in disguise- although Jonny might still be there :please:

JOHNNY played a blinder...thank god!
And , with the 6 mins injury time,got his 100 just before the 2nd half kicked off so I saw it.

After the 4 year experiment with Irongloves I think Jonny could rightly be sat there thinking "look what you could have had"

And , with the 6 mins injury time,got his 100 just before the 2nd half kicked off so I saw it.

After the 4 year experiment with Irongloves I think Jonny could rightly be sat there thinking "look what you could have had"
Have ya been watching the cricket TT? 167-4 seems to be about equal in terms of the match but i'm not watching just lookin on the Beeb website occasionally.UTB

Have ya been watching the cricket TT? 167-4 seems to be about equal in terms of the match but i'm not watching just lookin on the Beeb website occasionally.UTB
Watched it Rod and it was a decent contest with them getting the upper hand,just, in the last session. Leach bowled tightly and looked more settled than usual but Woakes, despite the change of ball , looked as innocuous as normal when overseas.
Need to knock some over early today. Shaping up to a decent game.

Watched it Rod and it was a decent contest with them getting the upper hand,just, in the last session. Leach bowled tightly and looked more settled than usual but Woakes, despite the change of ball , looked as innocuous as normal when overseas.
Need to knock some over early today. Shaping up to a decent game.
Will the wicket deteriorate in the last 2 days d'ya think TT? UTB

Will the wicket deteriorate in the last 2 days d'ya think TT? UTB
That's what they all reckon Rod, very dry underneath.1st problem is getting the next 5 before they have a big lead.
I'd guess that anything over 175 to chase in the 4th innings would be difficult but,if they get a 100 lead we'd need 275.
And Leach gets one of them as I write!