20211125 ECL Match Thread - NS Mura vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 10 | Vital Football

20211125 ECL Match Thread - NS Mura vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So Conte needed to satisfy himself that 8 or 9 fringe players who are not a settled unit are not good enough. This despite all of us seeing the outcome before in Europe. Its like Einsteins rumoured definition of madness. Keep doing the same thing hoping for s different outcome. ( Apparently Einstein never said it ) but you get my drift.
He played Sanchez on the left.
Started a rusty Sessegnon with only a brief sub appearance behind him. Even allowing for his fragility would have suggested maybe bring him on with 30 minutes to go.
Started Ndombele and Dele who both have demons in their heads.
Started Gil who is a kid and not ready.
Played a Championship level keeper.
I can understand starting Doherty.
I'm not sure we needed 3 CBs, is that set in stone now ?

Its time to get rid of sentiment
LH, that is one my biggest criticism of our setup, sentiments. We get too attached to players, system, probably to the tea lady too!

Great managers are ruthless. Klopp unhappy with his keeper in the CL final, replaced him next window. Pep, not happy with a player, benches him, etc.

We carry 'sick notes' with the "aah poor thing" cotton wool attitude + hang on to steady Eddy's.

Then you get Levy demanding top dollar for damaged goods and we get stuck with them.

Change needed, but early day for Antonio and Fabio.

So Conte needed to satisfy himself that 8 or 9 fringe players who are not a settled unit are not good enough. This despite all of us seeing the outcome before in Europe. Its like Einsteins rumoured definition of madness. Keep doing the same thing hoping for s different outcome. ( Apparently Einstein never said it ) but you get my drift.
Started a rusty Sessegnon with only a brief sub appearance behind him. Even allowing for his fragility would have suggested maybe bring him on with 30 minutes to go.
What would your starting eleven have been then?

Would you take into account the squad will probably only travel home this morning, have a short training session tomorrow and then travel to Burnley for the 2pm kick off on Sunday?

Is it my imagination or has Son lost a little bit of pace?

Not so long ago if he got a start on a defender then there was no catching him. I've noticed recently though he's had starts on defenders but they've caught him and forced him to turn back.

He's another player who's played an awful lot of football. In the previous six season in the Premier League he's made 30+ starts in each season. Add in all the cup games and internationals matches and travel with South Korea - it's a big demand on his body.

We've been very lucky really that he's been so robust. But he is 29 now and maybe it's beginning to take its toll?

I'd never describe Son as being robust, for six years in physical duels he's been so easy to dispossess often like taking candy from a baby.

What would your starting eleven have been then?

Would you take into account the squad will probably only travel home this morning, have a short training session tomorrow and then travel to Burnley for the 2pm kick off on Sunday?

I understand what you are saying but we could now see the scenario of losing both games. Burnley are no pushover even with us at full strength. I'm not suggesting don't play Sess and Gil at all, bring them on once safe. Did we need 3 CBs which kind of dictates two wingbacks both of which were rusty and one with serious injury fragility.
We've seen it before. If you try and compromise and risk weaker players you could end up losing a series of games. Conte had 5 subs at his disposal to rest players when game won. He played a full strength team in the last Euro game. He stretched it, risked it and paid the price against Mura.

I didn't watch the game but for me what's worrying is that our '1st 11' have for far too long also failed to produce ...we have all moaned about the lack of effort, intensity, touch, passing, movement, desire, skill etc etc. So I am not 100% sure our first team would have given us too much more in the first half. How many times in the past few years have we either needed a kick up the arse at half time to get some life out of many of them. Look back to last week's first half v Leeds as a typical
example.
Too many of them are self entitled prima donnas who think they can turn it on when they want to, rather than when the team needs them or better still in every game...at least effort. For ages Kane has rightly been called out as someone that isn't giving anywhere near enough to the team...and he is one of many.
We need a major overhaul & irrespective of if and when that happens, we need Conte to be the man we all think him to be & put down this fecking malaise running thru the club.

I will tell you what , this shower have just strengthened Contes position at the club .
If he isn’t backed in the window now , and he decides to walk , there isn’t a manager in football that would be prepared to take his place .
Maybe my joke of Neil Warnock wasn’t so funny after all .

This is it...if Conte isn't given everything he wants to turn this shit around...I would not be upset at all if he leaves.

Conte isn't stupid...I think he knows what he walked into. He didn't take this job lightly. I think his post match words were carefully chosen to drive home a point to Levy and the board...."SEE! WE SUCK...NOW I WILL PROVIDE A LIST OF DEMANDS. EXECUTE THEM OR I AM GONE."

The only consistent in this shitstorm is a group of players, Levy and ENIC....so...hmmm.

Bottom line is,

Bollox. That Rusty left back cost 25 million pounds. How much is the whole Mura team worth? It's time to stop the excuses now. It's excuse after excuse. Dele not good enough anymore. Ndombele is a lazy ****. Sanchez is terrified of footballs. They have absolutely no excuse for not going out and beating that team last night. We should have beat them with Sanchez up front nevermind left of a 3. Most of our squad are clueless , that's the problem. Conte is a top manager who barely has his foot in the door. Going after him for playing players who cost upwards of 150 million against minnows from Slovenia is just stupid.

Bottom line is,

Bollox. That Rusty left back cost 25 million pounds. How much is the whole Mura team worth? It's time to stop the excuses now. It's excuse after excuse. Dele not good enough anymore. Ndombele is a lazy ****. Sanchez is terrified of footballs. They have absolutely no excuse for not going out and beating that team last night. We should have beat them with Sanchez up front nevermind left of a 3. Most of our squad are clueless , that's the problem. Conte is a top manager who barely has his foot in the door. Going after him for playing players who cost upwards of 150 million against minnows from Slovenia is just stupid.

Bollox. The cost of a team has no bearing on how good they are especially in Levys case. Sanchez, Sessegnon , Ndombele and Gil are proof of that. If Conte picked a team based on how much it cost, now that would be stupid. The buck stops with the manager, he picked the wrong players and used the wrong formation and tactics.

Good morning RD, you are spot on sir.

I was thinking this morning about who I think will be here at the start of next season for what will truly be the time we can fairly judge Conte on.

GK: Lloris?
LCB: Davies
RCB: Romero, Tanganga
CB: Dier
LWB: Reguilon, Sessegnon
RWB: Royal
CM: Skipp, Hojbjerg, Sarr, Winks (possibly)
AM: Moura
ST: Son

I’m not convinced by Gollini, I don’t think we’ll take up the option to sign him.

Sanchez has no future under Conte, he simple isn’t good enough on the ball to play in a back 3 that likes there wide defenders to overlap. Tbf, Tanganga will have to develop this part of his game if he too is to have a future under Conte.

Rodon, Conte just doesn’t seem to fancy. I see him getting sold or loaned out.

Doherty is up there with the worst players we’ve ever signed. He’s surely a goner.

Ndombele and Dele aren’t going to make the cut under Conte. Dele has regressed so much it’s shocking. Like you said in another post, not enough thought went into the Ndombele signing, he’s never going to be a consistent performer.

Lo Celso there is probably still hope for IF he can get fit, stay fit and start producing the goods on a regular basis.

Bergwijn too probably isn’t here at the start of the 22/23 season.

I fear a little for Bryan Gil too, his game is suited to a possession based, passing team. He looks very good when playing for Spain. Conte plays the game very differently and I’m not entirely convinced that he fits in. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s loaned out at some point.

Kane, well who knows. No surprise if he’s still with us or if he’s sold to City, possibly Utd if they get MP in.

That’s a base of 13/14/15 players. That leaves a shit load of signings needed in the next two windows to be reasonably competitive.

Big ask, I know.

We have 3 top players when on it. Hugo, Son and Kane.

Hugo is in his mid 30's with his contract up in the summer, Son has been sulking all season and Kane is on the decline and pining for City.

I don't see one top draw prime player at the club.

People are underestimating how average the squad is.

Conte knows this now and is already calling the players out in press conferences.

Bollox. The cost of a team has no bearing on how good they are especially in Levys case. Sanchez, Sessegnon , Ndombele and Gil are proof of that. If Conte picked a team based on how much it cost, now that would be stupid. The buck stops with the manager, he picked the wrong players and used the wrong formation and tactics.

He clearly thought that lot last night would at least get the draw. I'm pretty sure we would have if Sess the idiot didn't get sent off.

Having said that we don't have a good enough 1st 11 let alone squad to compete on all fronts.

Poch, Jose, Nuno have all been chucked under the bus by this lot.

I see the same fate for Conte. Wouldn't be surprised if he walks after the summer transfer window if we fail in the transfer market.

Yeah ok... Conte out

This is it...if Conte isn't given everything he wants to turn this shit around...I would not be upset at all if he leaves.

Conte isn't stupid...I think he knows what he walked into. He didn't take this job lightly. I think his post match words were carefully chosen to drive home a point to Levy and the board...."SEE! WE SUCK...NOW I WILL PROVIDE A LIST OF DEMANDS. EXECUTE THEM OR I AM GONE."

The only consistent in this shitstorm is a group of players, Levy and ENIC....so...hmmm.

Almost as though Conte may have planned to play all the players he thought would stink the place out and give him ammunition to call the shots with Levy. Someone who wanted to not be in a shitty competition anyhow.

That would be a very clever manager and someone i would expect would get his way or walk. Damned truth

In the last two transfer windows how many players have we turned down offers for .
That alone tells you how bad we are .

I’m not even sure there was an offer for Kane !

Last night just proved how far we are behind the top teams . Liverpool, Chelsea,Man City and a few others could have put there 2nd string out and still won comfortably yesterday. We didn't even play and youth players. We are so far behind that unless we have a massive cash injection and are able to bring in players that can lift us up and start bringing youth players through. If we have none good enough go and scout better ones. Even with a proven winner at the helm we are still not anywhere near the top 4