2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 41 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Does anyone know if the NEP story regarding Sow's contract not being renewed was accompanied by an image of Alex Mighten or Tyrese Fornah?

They do have previous for that kind of fuck up

Ever since that episode, whenever we sit down n watch t.v (me n the missus) and there's any black guy at all, we will say, "ahh is that Lukaku"

The club thanked McGuane for his efforts on social media even though he didnt play 1 game for us.

Nothing for ameobi or sow, guediora or watson.

Read between the lines.

I don't think anyone will argue that Sow and Sameobi gave thier all, wayyy more than many of the others. If theres such a thing as 'earning' a deal, then Sameobi did earn it, so thats a shame. Sow was genuine class at this level, a big shame there that he had such injury woes. At the same time you have other players on more money with same injury problems and we keep them

We do need goals and if Krov is in the side thats one position that we get less goals from, not good.
I must say, despite me ravving BJ up a lot, I dont think he's a number 10 at all.
We need a goal scoring number 9 and a goalscoring number 10 (what real striker wouldnt take the 9 shirt Grabban?) at the very least. Weve seen we need like 40 goals more than this season in reality to do well

Jonno is going to play on the opposite side to Lolley.

Does anyone know if the NEP story regarding Sow's contract not being renewed was accompanied by an image of Alex Mighten or Tyrese Fornah?

They do have previous for that kind of fuck up

When Taylor left for the Athletic, they promoted Clapson from cleaner to chief sports editor

The club thanked McGuane for his efforts on social media even though he didnt play 1 game for us.

Nothing for ameobi or sow, guediora or watson.

Read between the lines.

Are you saying that the implication is that Ameobi, Sow, Guedioura and Watson were bad pros?

All of these played well for the club and were worth their outlay.

You could even argue that Ameobi and Watson appeared to be good pros.

And how many did anyone else get? He held the ball better and moved it better. That he didn’t assist and/or score more isn’t entirely down to him either. He was playing in a dogshit side and is a reason we survived.

Hard to assist with no one ahead and little movement. I dont think he was a worldbeater but as u said, better than what we had. Like to him back and maybe BJ can provide some competition.

I didnt think cafu was as bad as HE was making out either. Think he must have had an uncomfortable bob this morning?

Are you saying that the implication is that Ameobi, Sow, Guedioura and Watson were bad pros?

We need hungry ambitious footballers imo tho. Perhaps we need a few less 'good pros' who put in enough work to qualify as a 'good pro' but couldnt care less about progressing as they are happy on 15k plus a week.

The alleged rumours was that guediora was a bad apple not liked by the hierarchy and the club were annoyed by watson .

The alleged rumours was that guediora was a bad apple not liked by the hierarchy and the club were annoyed by watson .

I think its about how you conduct yourself within the contract, not just on but off also. The rumour that Ameobi and Sow made themselves unavailable when they knew there wasn't a contract offer stinks. Its exactly what Taylor did, and one of the reason we shouldn't have signed him. I've no idea what Watson did, but I'm guessing he didn't do what he verbally agreed which was another season.

I think its about how you conduct yourself within the contract, not just on but off also. The rumour that Ameobi and Sow made themselves unavailable when they knew there wasn't a contract offer stinks. Its exactly what Taylor did, and one of the reason we shouldn't have signed him. I've no idea what Watson did, but I'm guessing he didn't do what he verbally agreed which was another season.

I'm always a bit dubious when just one side is at fault...

Alan Nixon linking us with Sam Clucas from Stoke on a free. Shef United + Blackburn also interested apparently.
Proper forest signing, that one.

Age 30, looking to sign him a good 5-6 years after we should have.

In the fine tradition of Carayol, Adomah and Arter.

Meanwhile, no doubt several younger wingers coming into their prime will sign elsewhere so we can sign them years later on their way down

Guedioura is in the minority though insofar as he's one of the only footballers that has played for this club this century that had any ability.