2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 133 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Going back 12 months there were reports that up to 8 clubs in the Championship could be facing a points deduction.

As you say the rules have been amended because of COVID but those clubs will still be expected to get their houses in order if they want to avoid the points deduction but I would also guess that these clubs will be in conversation with the EFL about what they need to do.

I am not convinced that the EFL would have the balls to hand a points deduction to 8 clubs and if they did I could see there being appeals for them to deal with.

EFL is working with those clubs and showing leniency because of covid. If wrong side of guidance then embargo is enforced. As we know an embargo is a slow death and is just as painful as a points deduction. The saving grace would be 8 in the same boat means 5 will get away with ultimate penalty. We should be looking at those clubs that are struggling to renew contracts and pinch their best young players, such as Buchanan and Holmes. Even if it means we have to sell one of our assets to do so.

EFL is working with those clubs and showing leniency because of covid. If wrong side of guidance then embargo is enforced. As we know an embargo is a slow death and is just as painful as a points deduction. The saving grace would be 8 in the same boat means 5 will get away with ultimate penalty. We should be looking at those clubs that are struggling to renew contracts and pinch their best young players, such as Buchanan and Holmes. Even if it means we have to sell one of our assets to do so.
From the rumours and news I would say we are doing just that.

I think the EFL have to work with those clubs as much as they can although Derby are taking the piss. It will be interesting to see what happens over the coming weeks and months but if we can bring the right players in we could have a good shot this season.

it isnt progress bringing them in and selling better ones, progress will be keeping our players and adding to them

was reading about how bad Freeman injuries were last year/ He was in pain for most of the season and struggling.. So maybe he is better than what he showed.
Whats baffling tho is why on earth the manager kept playing him

Probably due to how much we were paying him & the fact that the previous surgery had supposedly corrected the hernia & nothing was showing on the scans.

it isnt progress bringing them in and selling better ones, progress will be keeping our players and adding to them

Easier said than done, we need to balance the books like everyone else & until we've offloaded the likes of Bong, Arter, Jenkinson & Bachirou - then there's over £80k per week being wasted!

Easier said than done, we need to balance the books like everyone else & until we've offloaded the likes of Bong, Arter, Jenkinson & Bachirou - then there's over £80k per week being wasted!

well that kinda solidifies my point tho, sell best players for bankrolling the shit on higher wages. Its the very thing we need to stop doing, and start right now even if it means we have to actually get value for money in our purchases. Theres the entire globe to look at as Murphy ha suggested so Im sure we can ind 4 or 5 players out of those few million pros ;)

Probably due to how much we were paying him & the fact that the previous surgery had supposedly corrected the hernia & nothing was showing on the scans.
except he told them it wasnt fixed and he was very over weight and every single fan in the stand could see it.
Maybe Grabz is our highest earner and why he gets captains armband?

Going back 12 months there were reports that up to 8 clubs in the Championship could be facing a points deduction.

As you say the rules have been amended because of COVID but those clubs will still be expected to get their houses in order if they want to avoid the points deduction but I would also guess that these clubs will be in conversation with the EFL about what they need to do.

I am not convinced that the EFL would have the balls to hand a points deduction to 8 clubs and if they did I could see there being appeals for them to deal with.

Not convinced they have balls full stop

well that kinda solidifies my point tho, sell best players for bankrolling the shit on higher wages. Its the very thing we need to stop doing, and start right now even if it means we have to actually get value for money in our purchases. Theres the entire globe to look at as Murphy ha suggested so Im sure we can ind 4 or 5 players out of those few million pros ;)

Bringing someone in like Murphy, as well as the others, signals a change of tact - but, the fact remains that we have to get these players offloaded.

We have made significant reductions to our wage bill and can bring players in, the difficulty is getting them at the price & wage we want to pay.