2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 131 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Judging by the reaction from Reading fans, I hope we get him. Sounds like he’s one of their star players and in the last year of his contract - could get him at a good price.

Also, would be good screw Reading over rather than the other way around for once.
but thats where we have too many players already, whilst it could be good to replace Colback and Cafu with someone better it would mean we are back to have several players getting paid and not playing again.

but thats where we have too many players already, whilst it could be good to replace Colback and Cafu with someone better it would mean we are back to have several players getting paid and not playing again.

In this instance it doesn’t matter - Cafu is currently starting in this squad and that’s a travesty. I’m
Never against signing good players who improve the team if the price is right.

NP referring to Laurent as being subject to interest from Rangers and a possible £8m bid.

Can’t see Rangers having £8m to spend on one player but also can’t see anyone paying that much for a Championship player in the last year of their contract.

Looks a very good player but even if we do have an offer accepted is he likely to take a sideways move?

NP referring to Laurent as being subject to interest from Rangers and a possible £8m bid.

Can’t see Rangers having £8m to spend on one player but also can’t see anyone paying that much for a Championship player in the last year of their contract.

Looks a very good player but even if we do have an offer accepted is he likely to take a sideways move?

He only has a year remining on his contract and Reading cannot offer him a new deal at the moment.

He only has a year remining on his contract and Reading cannot offer him a new deal at the moment.
That’s why the £8m is nothing short of ridiculous.

Am guessing there will be a number of teams after him. Just hope we get him as he looks to have some quality and is still a good age.

That’s why the £8m is nothing short of ridiculous.

Am guessing there will be a number of teams after him. Just hope we get him as he looks to have some quality and is still a good age.

If we are seriously after him and Garner, I would say Hughton is definitely going 4 3 3

I heard a rumour don’t know how true tbh. If we don’t get Garner back on loan we might get Brandon Williams for the season. Apparently Man Utd were very impressed with how we handled Garner

I heard a rumour don’t know how true tbh. If we don’t get Garner back on loan we might get Brandon Williams for the season. Apparently Man Utd were very impressed with how we handled Garner

As good as that would be I seriously doubt it; Garners loan will only cost us 6 figures, whoever gets Williams will have to pay a 7 figure amount.

There is also his wage to consider; Williams earns roughly double what the highest paid player at Forest earns.

A couple of PL teams have been put off by United's demands

Last edited:
In this instance it doesn’t matter - Cafu is currently starting in this squad and that’s a travesty. I’m
Never against signing good players who improve the team if the price is right.

well sure, but im not sure he is actually any better then these, or at least will bring much more to the team if we already have players do that role. Hes another yates essentially

As good as that would be I seriously doubt it; Garners loan will only cost us 6 figures, whoever gets Williams will have to pay a 7 figure amount.

There is also his wage to consider; Williams earns roughly double what the highest paid player at Forest earns.

Probably because like Garner, he's roughly twice as good as our best player.

A couple of PL teams have been put off by United's demands
If they want him out on loan then they may well have to reduce their demands but considering he has been part of their first team squad I would expect him to go to a Prem club.

We are now being linked with Tom Holmes of Reading, another player with less than a year on his contract:

21 yo central defender turned right back

https://www.nottinghampost.com/spor...ngham-forest-transfers-reading-holmes-5733716
I don't like the idea of signing a player used to central defence for fullback.

You need so much more from fullbacks in the awful, dull system everyone plays now

You are better off converting wingers to fullbacks than centre halves.

I know he's a right back by trade, but his qualities are obviously much more defensive

I don't like the idea of signing a player used to central defence for fullback.

You need so much more from fullbacks in the awful, dull system everyone plays now

You are better off converting wingers to fullbacks than centre halves.

I know he's a right back by trade, but his qualities are obviously much more defensive

You get the feeling that Hughton would like to convert CBs to FB and FBs to wingers just to keep things nice and tight.

Delap loaned to Stoke. Loan fee and wages come to just shy of £2.5m. Loans are not always the cheap option. They may also have something in contract about number of games, which is a risk if player off form or hits personal problems.

Stoke going for it this season. If they fail will financially tie them up for next two seasons.