2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings | Page 38 | Vital Football

2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings

My ratings against Villa after watching the game on the Spurs website. I wanted to concentrate on the perceived poor performers already mentioned.

Lloris 5, Tanganga 7, Toby 6.5, Dier 6.5, Reggie 4, Hojbjerg 6.5, Winks 6 Dele 6.5, Bergwijn 7, Son 4, Kane 6, Bale 5.5, Ndombele 6, Doherty 5.
Mason 4.
I didn't think Winks was that bad. I didn't think Kane was as bad as some reports.
Son was poor.
I thought the ref was generally poor on decisions to both sides.
Lloris clumsy for the pen shout, could have been given. Foul on Winks not given. Various other poor decisions.

Do we think Lloris would have been that clumsy if we actually had a centre half who could position himself well, run at pace alongside a forward and shepherd the ball out? Dier just got hopelessly out of position, then delegated to Lloris by sticking his arm up, something you're taught never to do. Toby was in no man's land as well.

Unfortunately, playing with sub-standard centre halves can have this kind of effect on even the best keepers. Lloris should have read it better though.

Do we think Lloris would have been that clumsy if we actually had a centre half who could position himself well, run at pace alongside a forward and shepherd the ball out? Dier just got hopelessly out of position, then delegated to Lloris by sticking his arm up, something you're taught never to do. Toby was in no man's land as well.

Unfortunately, playing with sub-standard centre halves can have this kind of effect on even the best keepers. Lloris should have read it better though.

Thanks for your contribution Mutts but no ratings from you ?

Average players ratings against Villa across 7 forum posters and 10 media/ web reports which are in the second column.

Lloris 5.71, 6
Tanganga 6.42, 5.85
Toby 5.21, 5.65
Dier 5.42, 4.70
Reggie 3.64, 2.60
Hojbjerg 4.71, 5.15
Winks 4.14, 4.55
Dele 6.50, 5.30
Bergwijn 6.64, 7.10
Son 2.92, 4.65
Kane 3.42, 5.10
Bale 4.64, 5.35
Ndombele 5, 5.40

Mason 2.71

Average players ratings against Villa across 7 forum posters and 10 media/ web reports which are in the second column.

Lloris 5.71, 6
Tanganga 6.42, 5.85
Toby 5.21, 5.65
Dier 5.42, 4.70
Reggie 3.64, 2.60
Hojbjerg 4.71, 5.15
Winks 4.14, 4.55
Dele 6.50, 5.30
Bergwijn 6.64, 7.10
Son 2.92, 4.65
Kane 3.42, 5.10
Bale 4.64, 5.35
Ndombele 5, 5.40

Mason 2.71
That's quite a vote of confidence for Berg in the media. And on here.

Everybody sees a game differently to some degree, but I think that the 3.64 seriously flatters Reguilon, I thought that I was generous giving him a 2. Suspect that if Davies had put in a performance like that he'd have got a minus!

Everybody sees a game differently to some degree, but I think that the 3.64 seriously flatters Reguilon, I thought that I was generous giving him a 2. Suspect that if Davies had put in a performance like that he'd have got a minus!

I think they get a rating of 2 for just pulling the shirt on the right way round and to a giddy height of 3 for making up numbers on the field.

The two goals seriously affected his rating. I watched his performance quite closely and other than the two disasters, it was not too bad.

Versus Leicester -

Lloris 6
Doherty 6.5
Sanchez 6
Toby 6
Reggie 6.5
Winks 6
PEH 6.5
Dele 7
Berg 6
Kane 5
Son 5

Bale 7.5
Moura 4.5

The Times:

H Lloris 6 — M Doherty 6, D Sánchez 5, T Alderweireld 6, S Reguilón 6 — H Winks 6, P-E Hojbjerg 7 — S Bergwijn 6 (G Bale 68, 8), D Alli 7 (L Moura 68, 6), Son Heung-min 6 (J Rodon 94) — H Kane 8.

I'm not playing this game. Bar a couple of exceptions the squad has regressed under successive managers. That's a slide that must be reversed if we are to stand any chance of challenging for top 4 again.

I'm not playing this game. Bar a couple of exceptions the squad has regressed under successive managers. That's a slide that must be reversed if we are to stand any chance of challenging for top 4 again.

That's the whole point of the rating exercise. Perception may suggest the players have regressed as a group. But individually a comparison can be m ade to last season.
The ratings last season showed that an overall average of 7 was exceptional. Even in the sixes was good. High fives normal.
We will see if there is any change when I compile the whole season soon.
My suspicion is that Kane may have raised the bar.
Davies was our worst in my first season, followed by Aurier the next. I fear for Sanchez this season but as I said, we will see.

V Leicester

Lloris 6
Doherty 6 - oddly probably the best game he's had for us.
Sanchez 6 (never a penalty).
Toby 6
Reggie 6
Winks 6
PEH 6.5
Dele 6
Berg 6
Kane 5.5
Son 3

Bale 7.5
Moura 4

Leciester game

Hugo 7 - another very solid game
Doherty 7 - had a good game
Sanchez 5 - it wasn't a penalty but for both, his positioning absolutely sucked
Toby 5 - looks like he's an old man playing above his level
Reggie 7 - loads of work as always

Hojbjerg 6 - not his best game but stuck at it
Winks 7 - another that put in a decent performance
Dele 7 - no way he should have been subbed

Bergwijn 6.5 - great work ethic, should have been switched to the left for Son
Son 3 - simply awful, his attitude sucks
Kane 3 - hope us England fans don't have to endure his current attitude

Subs
Bale 8 - classy cameo
Moura 5 - guess what? Run around a lot
Rodon - not enough time, but glad to see him in the squad

Mason 4
Be lucky if you can't be good. Wrong line-up and wrong subs.

Leciester game

Hugo 7 - another very solid game
Doherty 7 - had a good game
Sanchez 5 - it wasn't a penalty but for both, his positioning absolutely sucked
Toby 5 - looks like he's an old man playing above his level
Reggie 7 - loads of work as always

Hojbjerg 6 - not his best game but stuck at it
Winks 7 - another that put in a decent performance
Dele 7 - no way he should have been subbed

Bergwijn 6.5 - great work ethic, should have been switched to the left for Son
Son 3 - simply awful, his attitude sucks
Kane 3 - hope us England fans don't have to endure his current attitude

Subs
Bale 8 - classy cameo
Moura 5 - guess what? Run around a lot
Rodon - not enough time, but glad to see him in the squad

Mason 4
Be lucky if you can't be good. Wrong line-up and wrong subs.

You overrated Doherty and underrated Toby.

You overrated Doherty and underrated Toby.

lol - I'm hoping that was the last time I ever have to rate Toby. He should be applauded out the club, but he must leave. The top echelons of the Prem is no place for him nowadays.

Perhaps a cheeky swap deal with Perr Schuurs at Ajax. We love an Ajax defender.

My ratings v Leicester
Lloris 6, Doherty 6.5, Toby 6, Sanchez 5.5, Hojbjerg 5.5, Winks 6, Dele 6.5, Bergwijn 5.5, Son 5.5, Kane 7, Bale 8, Moura 5.5.
Mason 7

v Leicester

Hugo - 6.5

Doherty - 6.5
Sanchez - 6.0
Toby - 6.0
Reggie - 6.5

PEH - 6.0
Winks - 6.0

Dele - 7.0
Son - 5.0
Berg - 6.0
Kane - 5.0

Bale - 7.5
Moura - 5.0
Rodon - NA

Mason - 4

Seeing it was almost a meaningless last game of the season, the lads plugged away with a couple of obvious exceptions.

Leicester were too open late on wanting a win, thus making our goals look easy. Bale nonetheless showed his class in leading up to and finishing off the goals.

Mason is way too close to the lads and didn't want to rock the boat. Hasn't done his credentials any favours and unlikely to manage in PL any time soon. Thanks for your interim effort 'kid'.