2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings | Page 32 | Vital Football

2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings

Average player ratings v Villa across 10 media/web reports and 5 forum posters. Media in second column.
Lloris 6.60, 6.50
Tanganga 7.40, 7.55
Sanchez 6.90, 6.65
Rodon 6.90, 7.35
Reggie 6.70, 6.25
Hojbjerg 6, 7.10
Moura 9, 8.70
Loco 6.30, 6.10
Vinnie 7.10, 6.95
Kane 7.70, 8
Davies 6, 6.60
Sissoko 5.80, 5.40
Bergwijn 6.10, 6.10
Jose 6.80

Versus Newcastle -

Lloris 7.5 - A few great saves. Distribution generally poor. I guess it's not going to improve at this stage of his career.

Tanga 5 - Really struggled in the first half. Uncharacteristically unassured.

Sanchez 3 - What on earth happened to the Sanchez we saw before the international break? Everything about his game was off.

Rodon 8 - Really good performance. Calm and assured in almost everything he did. Read the game well. Some important tackles and interceptions. Good in the air.

Reggie 4 - Very poor defensively. Got into some great attacking positions but none of the midfielders fed him the passes. We wasted his attacking prowess.

PEH 4 - He's really going through a lean spell right now. He was hardly involved in the first half. Made a couple of good tackles in the second but that was about it.

Ndombele 6.5 - A mixed bad. Some very good, penetrating passes but also some sloppy ones. Caught in possession too often.

Gio 5 - I didn't think he had much impact on the game. He had a lot of possession in the first half but didn't do a great deal with it. Even the 'assist' to Kane was overhit.

Moura 3.5 - A very nondescript performance. Wasn't involved in any meaningful way.

Kane 7 - It's difficult to be too critical when he scored our two goals. Clearly there are question marks about his 90 minute contribution but right now there are much bigger questions to address.

Vini 5 - Struggled to make a real impact but he did create space for Kane.

Son 4 - No impact on the game

Lamela 5 - Injection of energy as always. Great surging run for the breakaway that led to Kane hitting the post. But if he releases the ball early Kane is through on goal and it's game over. Instead he dallied in possession - again. Deja vu.

Jose 2 - He simply cannot even motivate this team now. On the field there seems to be such a disconnect between him and the players. And from the sidelines he looks powerless.

Last edited:
Hugo ,(8 )very good game
Tanga( 7,) didn’t let anyone down apart from mis kick which led to the first goal.
Sanchez (5) didn’t know what to do .
Rodon (8) learning very quickly . always under pressure because of those around him .
Reggie 6 ... off game , never in position .
Ndom , 6 running in circles .
PEH 6 went missing
Gio7 tried but not enough .
Kane 8 lots of wandering scored the goals that saved us from defeat.
Lucas , 6 very indifferent
Vinnie , 5 just tries , bless him .

Bale 2 and that is one too many
Son 4 clueless
was there another sub , can’t remember !!!!oh yeah Lamela 3 pointless
jose 2 pathetic

Last edited:
Newcastle ratings

Lloris 8 - had a good game.

Tanganga 6.5 - tried a dink rather than play the channel ball in the lead up to the first goal. Apart from that he was quite assured.
Sanchez 5 - just not good enough in this game. Couldn't clear his lines and headed it straight to their players.
Rodon 8 - the pick of our defence.
Reguilon 6 - worked hard but didn't defend well. Reggie needs to overlap, not be receiving the ball with 2 in front of him as Moura has no guile.

Hojbjerg 6 - stuck at it but didn't have his best game
Ndombele 6 - wasn't doing the ugly stuff well enough but good on the ball.

Gio 5.5 - disappointing game. He has so much more in his locker
Kane 6.5 - a massive reason we lost the battle in the middle. Just didn't work hard enough behind the ball. Still got a brace though.
Moura 4 - honeymoon period over? He was awful.

Vini 5 - I'm still not convinced. Some really heavy touches that put us in trouble.

Subs
Son 5 - wrong sub as he doesn't take responsibility. We needed to get Kane back up top and someone like Lamela or Dele in the middle.
Lamela 6 - did OK, but no end product
Bale 5 - no impact

Jose 1 - he gets the 1 for not dropping Rodon. Everything else he did was a disaster and it appears has been caught lying about Toby in the post-match interview. No time for that.

Lloris 7
Two excellent saves, did the job that keepers needed to do.

Tanganga 4
Wasn't particularly impressed, if he wants to win that spot he needs to be more alert and show better control in defence and quicker to offer more when attacking. Disappointing.

Sanchez 4
Another poor error to hand them their first. Needs essential and continuous coaching in how to play when under pressure.

Rodon 6
Best of the bunch, but playing on the left leaves him vulnerable, if we're not careful, we'll destroy his confidence too.

Reggie 5
Looked rusty and was very unsure when defending and slow in attack when we needed to move the ball quicker.

Hojbjerg 5
offered nothing going forward, but was pretty good at tidying up then lose ball. He has to do more and do it quicker or he drags back any movement beyond the ball.

Ndombele 7

With Loco doing alot of grunt work, he could get forward; note that both Harry's goals came from his passing, especially the assist for the second
the man is a genius with the ball at his feet, but has to put in more effort when it isn't.

LoCo 7
Covered the most ground of the team, worked his socks off but got visibky tired early second half and needed to be pulled off sooner

Moura 5
Back to being mew..

Vini 5
The lowest number of touches of any player on the pitch (15), hooked off - it might help if when we start him that we set up to get the ball to him quicker, but even so he looked pretty average again.

Harry 8
Saved us yet again, Jesus we're in serious deep shite when he leaves.

Son 5
Looked lost, had little idea what to do, which is why we gave them free rein on the right, when it needed shoring up. Tactically a stupid sub.

Erik Lamela 6
Looked Lively. Good creation for a chance for harry, but then his decision-making was wanting yet again.

Bale 5
It seems he's a hail mary sub now, how the mighty have fallen under Jose.

Jose 1 - for being utterly predictable, before during, and after the game.

Last edited:
Lloris 7
Tanganga 5
Sanchez 4
Rodon 6.5
Reguilon 5.5
Hojbjerg 5.5
Ndombele 6
Lo Celso 5.5
Moura 5
Vinicius 5
Kane 7.5
Son 5
Lamela 6
Bale 4
Mourinho 3

While I think it is generally accepted that Mourinho is the root cause of our problems, he can't be held solely accountable for this abject performance. Here we were playing for a spot back in the top four, with the PL's currently worst performing team as opposition, and the players give us that. With the groundswell of criticism and negativity directed toward Mourinho, a lot of the players increasingly give the impression that they can go out and stroll around with no conscience as regards he fact that they are letting the Club, the fans and themselves down. My player ratings are probably pretty generous.

Lloris 7
Tanganga 5
Sanchez 4
Rodon 6.5
Reguilon 5.5
Hojbjerg 5.5
Ndombele 6
Lo Celso 5.5
Moura 5
Vinicius 5
Kane 7.5
Son 5
Lamela 6
Bale 4
Mourinho 3

While I think it is generally accepted that Mourinho is the root cause of our problems, he can't be held solely accountable for this abject performance. Here we were playing for a spot back in the top four, with the PL's currently worst performing team as opposition, and the players give us that. With the groundswell of criticism and negativity directed toward Mourinho, a lot of the players increasingly give the impression that they can go out and stroll around with no conscience as regards he fact that they are letting the Club, the fans and themselves down. My player ratings are probably pretty generous.
Your point about the attitude and complacency of the players is valid. I was banging on about this before this game and the Zagreb tie.

But where is it coming from? It's not as though we can strut around the pitch based on the superiority of our trophy cabinet. And wasn't Jose brought in to deal with exactly this type of mental weakness?

Your point about the attitude and complacency of the players is valid. I was banging on about this before this game and the Zagreb tie.

But where is it coming from? It's not as though we can strut around the pitch based on the superiority of our trophy cabinet. And wasn't Jose brought in to deal with exactly this type of mental weakness?
I don't think that Mourinho can deal with it, because he is the cause of most of it, don't think that there is much doubt that player power is at play here, which he has brought on himself. Unfortunately players are only transitory, once they are unhappy they really don't give a toss about the Club and its fans. It is very rare for a player to have the same affection for a Club that the guys on here have.

I don't think that Mourinho can deal with it, because he is the cause of most of it, don't think that there is much doubt that player power is at play here, which he has brought on himself. Unfortunately players are only transitory, once they are unhappy they really don't give a toss about the Club and its fans. It is very rare for a player to have the same affection for a Club that the guys on here have.

I detest player power. Their wages should ensure they give their all. Jol, Ramos, AVB, Sherwood, Harry, Poch and now Jose went due to the will of the players or lack of it.

There's a difference though between complacency based on a feeling of superiority which results in the players not feeling the need to give 100% and unhappiness at the manager which results in an unwillingness to give 100%. Neither is acceptable but it's the manager's job to resolve it.

v Newcastle

Hugo - 8 - Thank fk, else we'd have lost, lost big!
Rodon, Kane - 7 - Standout outfield players
Locelso, ND - 6.5 - Disappeared when needed most
Hojberg - 6 - Stready and worked harder with a nervous defence
Moura, Tanga, Reggie - 5.5 - They all need to step up
Vinnie - 5.0 - Shame being subbed, needed that hold up player during hoofball.
Sanchez - 4.0 - Back to his questionable self.

Lamela - 5.5 - frustrating, trying too many tricks when a simple ball would do.
Son - 5.0 - rusty
Bale - 1.0 - shouldn't have to mark him.

Jose - 4 - shite direction from the man.

Basically, I have come to accept, in the words of Pep, we are Harry Kane Team. Everything is set up around him and for him.

The AM's are running their asses off because he won't
He is selective with his pressing as well as general contribution
Even the usual selfish Son tried to lay it on for Kane when I'd have expected him to shoot.

Seems everyone is aiming for Harry to win the Golden Boot. Reminds me of the season when in the final game (Newcastle?) where he scored 3 or 4 and everyone was laying it on for him. He went on to pip Salah. Same scenario this season?!

Last edited:
Apart from Loris Kane and Rodon Tanga the rest get a big fat ONE,

......for making up the numbers...lucky they did not get sweet FA from me

We again missed a guilt edged opportunity to get right back into the mix....feckin Spursey shite...

Even our poorer teams in the past would have put up more fight and not capitulated as often as this mob...15 points lost from winning positions...thats FIFTEEN ...absurd:guns::arrghh::downer:

Apart from Loris Kane and Rodon Tanga the rest get a big fat ONE,

......for making up the numbers...lucky they did not get sweet FA from me

We again missed a guilt edged opportunity to get right back into the mix....feckin Spursey shite...

Even our poorer teams in the past would have put up more fight and not capitulated as often as this mob...15 points lost from winning positions...thats FIFTEEN ...absurd:guns::arrghh::downer:

You need to look at those games and go beyond just blaming the players only - look at the tactics employed the substitutions and the timing of them; out footballing (self-called) genius coach has to share the blame, in many of thjose games more so than equally with the players.

Tactics, mental mind set and preparation before during and after the game have as much to do in creating a winning mentality and style as the players have in putting in the effort.

You need to look at those games and go beyond just blaming the players only - look at the tactics employed the substitutions and the timing of them; out footballing (self-called) genius coach has to share the blame, in many of thjose games more so than equally with the players.

Tactics, mental mind set and preparation before during and after the game have as much to do in creating a winning mentality and style as the players have in putting in the effort.

I used to be fair but to be honest at the moment I just 'cannae be bothered jimmy'..

I may never have played upper eschelon football but I do know what my attitude was and always will be .....win win win,.,..of all the sports i played football has always BEEN the ONE even if my manager bollocked me and shouted at me it did not stop me going out there and giving 100%...that was my nature...I loved football and once on the pitch all the noise was forgotten........and I also never knew if a scout may be watching.......even at my age if we were to play a game I would bust a gut. I never played walking football because I cannot walk football. . So I apply my mindset to almost all of those overpaid premadonnas and so when I see poor effort I get truly fcukd off.

I take nothing back in my opinion of how the manager and those players approached that game. They are all to blame, as a TEAM should be a TEAM!:gimp:

Rant over...back to normal :grinning:

I used to be fair but to be honest at the moment I just 'cannae be bothered jimmy'..

I may never have played upper eschelon football but I do know what my attitude was and always will be .....win win win,.,..of all the sports i played football has always BEEN the ONE even if my manager bollocked me and shouted at me it did not stop me going out there and giving 100%...that was my nature...I loved football and once on the pitch all the noise was forgotten........and I also never knew if a scout may be watching.......even at my age if we were to play a game I would bust a gut. I never played walking football because I cannot walk football. . So I apply my mindset to almost all of those overpaid premadonnas and so when I see poor effort I get truly fcukd off.

I take nothing back in my opinion of how the manager and those players approached that game. They are all to blame, as a TEAM should be a TEAM!:gimp:

Rant over...back to normal :grinning:

Greavsie, one of the realities that the older generation has to come to terms with is that the Millenials + generation are made from different stuff - they've been brought up differently, schools have actively created a different mindset and now what was acceptable 20, 15, 10 years ago isn't now - blame who you like or what you like; the end of 'team' competitive games, the leave no one behind culture, liberalism and 'we don't have to' culture that this generation has endured.

Hell, Jose himself said as much about this generation himself not so long ago - you can't be blunt, nasty or even shouty anymore - they have been conditioned that way just as we were once conditioned to have a can-do attitude.

it's a different world now, and we are the dinosaurs and it's our attitudes that are now wrong, we are hostage to the cancel culture now. Kids/young men just won't put up with how we once were managed and once managed.

Like it or not, we have to get with the program.

Greavsie, one of the realities that the older generation has to come to terms with is that the Millenials + generation are made from different stuff - they've been brought up differently, schools have actively created a different mindset and now what was acceptable 20, 15, 10 years ago isn't now - blame who you like or what you like; the end of 'team' competitive games, the leave no one behind culture, liberalism and 'we don't have to' culture that this generation has endured.

Hell, Jose himself said as much about this generation himself not so long ago - you can't be blunt, nasty or even shouty anymore - they have been conditioned that way just as we were once conditioned to have a can-do attitude.

it's a different world now, and we are the dinosaurs and it's our attitudes that are now wrong, we are hostage to the cancel culture now. Kids/young men just won't put up with how we once were managed and once managed.

Like it or not, we have to get with the program.

Agree and fully understand all that Ex (as my offspring keep reminding me) so when I opine it is under the banner I subscribe to...

Average player ratings v Newcastle across 10 media/websites and 7 forum posters. Media in second column.

Lloris 7.50, 7.30
Tanganga 5 42, 5.25
Sanchez 4, 4.10
Rodon 7.21, 6.80
Reggie 5.42, 5.65
Hojbjerg 5.50, 6.40
Ndombele 6.28, 6.95
Loco 6.07, 6.10
Moura 5, 5.30
Kane 7.35, 8.30
Vinnie 4.85, 5.10
Son 4.71, 5.40
Lamela 5.35, 5.90

Jose 2.57.

Manure game

Lloris ... 7 didn’t do a lot wrong
Aurier 7 also didn’t do a lot wrong
Dier 6 quiet game needs to dominate more .
Rodon , 9 very impressive and composed
Reggie 7 still leaves a lot to be desired
Ndom , 8 brilliant game , put a good shift in
PEH 7 looks like he is tiring , burnt out .
Moura , 7 another good game in attack and defence ,
Son , 7 tried hard , put in a shift .
Gio 6 started well then faded .
Kane 6 shadow of himself lately ,

Sissoko 5
Lamela 6
Bale , I think he came on , 3

Jose 5 sour faced git .