+7 pts, +2GF, +2GA, =GD

Match 25 Comparisons:

Corresponding (Round 2, Match 6) :
-4 pts, -1GF, +5GA, -6GD

Corresponding (Season) :
+10 pts, +7GF, +2GA, +5GD

Round by Round:
+9 pts, +2GF, +2GA, =GD

Nothing has changed in the corresponding as we managed the exact same score as last year.

Whilst the second round corresponding results might seem hard to reproduce (9W, 1L and 3D), as I wrote on the first page of this thread we are now (statistically) in our best stage of the season in terms of points per game.

We have a tough run in - is it easier much more difficult as last years?

Actually the run in is extremely similar - we still have to play nine of the teams that we played against last year.

Identical fixtures:
Away: Chelsea, Liverpool, B'mouth
Home: Arse, Leicester, Huddersfield

Similar fixtures (different home team):
Away:ManC,
Home: Brighton, Palace

Other games in the run in: Everton (H), W'Ham(H), S'hampton(A), Burnley (A)

Match 27 Comparisons:

Corresponding (Round 2, Match 8) :
-7 pts, -5GF, +4GA, -9GD

Corresponding (Season) :
+7 pts, +3GF, +2GA, +1GD

Round by Round:
+8 pts, +3GF, +3GA, =GD

We have now lost the same amount of games as last season.
In the last 8 games we gave up 7 points in corresponding matches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Match 27 Comparisons:

Corresponding (Round 2, Match 8) :
-7 pts, -5GF, +4GA, -9GD

Corresponding (Season) :
+7 pts, +3GF, +2GA, +1GD

Round by Round:
+8 pts, +3GF, +3GA, =GD

We have now lost the same amount of games as last season.
In the last 8 games we gave up 8 points in corresponding matches.

Ouch.

Match 28 Comparisons:

Corresponding (Round 2, Match 9) :
-10 pts, -8GF, +5GA, -13GD

Corresponding (Season) :
+4 pts, =GF, +3GA, -3GD

Round by Round:
+5 pts, +2GF, +5GA, -3GD

We have lost more games than the whole of last season with 10 games to go. 2nd round corresponding results have plummeted our gains.

Match 29 Comparisons:

Corresponding (Round 2, Match 10) :
-12 pts, -8GF, +6GA, -14GD

Corresponding (Season) :
+2 pts, =GF, +4GA, -4GD

Round by Round:
+3 pts, +1GF, +4GA, -3GD

We have won only 50% of our games this round, and falling behind each and every offensive and defensive stat compared to last season.

The good news is that we have 7 winnable games, the bad news is that even if we win those 7 we might not make top 4.

Match 29 Comparisons:

Corresponding (Round 2, Match 10) :
-12 pts, -8GF, +6GA, -14GD

Corresponding (Season) :
+2 pts, =GF, +4GA, -4GD

Round by Round:
+3 pts, +1GF, +4GA, -3GD

We have won only 50% of our games this round, and falling behind each and every offensive and defensive stat compared to last season.

The good news is that we have 7 winnable games, the bad news is that even if we win those 7 we might not make top 4.

Pollo not sure any are winnable for us. Not in this state.

Match 30 Comparisons:

Corresponding (Round 2, Match 11) :
-13 pts, -8GF, +7GA, -15GD

Corresponding (Season) :
+1 pts, =GF, +5GA, -5GD

Round by Round:
= pts, -2GF, +7GA, -9GD

We have dropped 17 points in the last 11 games - 5W, 5L, D, this is the biggest tank job we have ever pulled, and still going strong.

Also, we are on are way to have the worst points per round we have ever accumulated under Poch. Currently it's round 2 of 2014 - 2015 season( W9, L6, D4).

We are definitely on the way to suffer most defeats in a round under Poch, most being 6 in either round of 14/15.

Just as an indicator, in 15/16 we only lost 6 all season, in 16/17 we lost 4 all season, in 17/18 we lost 7 all season. We are currently at 9 losses, which is the 2nd worst after 14/15 under Poch (12). We are en route to equaling the most defeats in a season under Poch and more defeats in one round than in any of the last 3 seasons.

Shocking.

Since 2009/2010, the most defeats we suffered in a full round was 6, Poch's season 2014/2015 is co-tied in both rounds.

Since 2009/2010, the most defeats we suffered in a season was 12 under Poch in 2014/2015, second was 11 in 2013/2014 and a couple of seasons where we lost 9.

In our current form, and with the City & Pool games away, this could be the most defeats we have in a round and season in 10 seasons, surpassing both of Poch's prior records.

Loser mentality is back.

Well, being we are a point ahead of last season after 30, and we have but a single draw, that would mean that we have more victories at this point than we did last year.

So wouldn't that be an example of an INCREASE in WINNING mentality?

Dont think for a second I'm excusing the recent patch, but I hardly think this signifies the impending apocalypse some seem to fear.

As we saw again today, we aren't the only ones fighting at the top that actually have to work to win points.

Thanks Pollo for keeping up with this!

Well, being we are a point ahead of last season after 30, and we have but a single draw, that would mean that we have more victories at this point than we did last year.

So wouldn't that be an example of an INCREASE in WINNING mentality?

Dont think for a second I'm excusing the recent patch, but I hardly think this signifies the impending apocalypse some seem to fear.

As we saw again today, we aren't the only ones fighting at the top that actually have to work to win points.

Thanks Pollo for keeping up with this!

I'll try to explain my view.

Last season we had a horrible first half of the season, but we pulled a reverse Spurs and kicked on when it really mattered. This season we are doing the exact opposite and vanishing into thin air.

Mind you, this isn't 1 game, it's an 11 game run where are point per game is the lowest since Poch's first year, even if you take any stretch of 11 games and not just full rounds. This is a pretty large sample, and we still have a couple of very difficult fixtures.

We went from being on the way to achieve 85-90 points a season to 75-80, and that's IF we start winning our games. We need 16 points out of the remaining 8 matches to equal last year's 77 points, and I don't see it happening.

The manner of our disappearance is extremely worrying, throwing a lead only to lose (and not for the first time this season) against a relegation candidate, leaking goals, going matches without a shot on target, and a manager that gives the press and the fans a general sense that behind the scenes everything is imploding.

Our squad looks like they just want the season to end. We have 2 superstars who are already looking at their next move and saving their legs, and a manager who is courting other clubs. Their attitude affects the rest of the squad and nobody seems to care.

Ultimately, last season we finished 3rd and secured CL football and achieved our goal, this season is still up for grabs.

I think you are underestimating the impact of losing streaks, the message it sends across but also the way it affects the players mindset. Our draws were mainly due not being able to break opposition defences (parking the bus), right now relegation teams believe they can beat us - and they do.

As I said, loser mentality is back.

Match 31 Comparisons:

Corresponding (Round 2, Match 12) :
-14 pts, -9GF, +7GA, -16GD

Corresponding (Season) :
= pts, -1GF, +5GA, -6GD

Round by Round:
-3 pts, -4GF, +8GA, -12GD

Did I say that loser mentality is back?

Lost 4 and drew 1 in our last 5 games, this is the worst run of games I found going 10 seasons back.

Too upset to look up any further, but all my above comments are still valid.

Match 35 Comparisons:

Corresponding (Round 2, Match 16) :
-14 pts, -8GF, +4GA, -12GD

Corresponding (Season) :
= pts, =GF, +2GA, -2GD

Round by Round:
-1 pts, -3GF, +4GA, -7GD