2018-19 Comparison Stats | Vital Football

2018-19 Comparison Stats

D

Departed

Pollo, would you mind? Please and thank you. I know there are a whole lot of posters on here who appreciate the work on this you do.

I imagine its a fair undertaking from scratch..

He's really good at it now. He's been doing it for a couple of years already. It's kind for important to this website. The Guardian even references it.

BBC stepped in, yay!

Will have it up after the weekend's game if still needed.

Chin up Tottenham supporters?
With three straight defeats leading to talk of a "mini-crisis" at Tottenham and some bizarre comments from manager Mauricio Pochettino, you would be forgiven for thinking Tottenham had endured a poor start to the season.

But a look in detail at their results so far shows they are actually three points better off than they were from the corresponding fixtures last season, as well as having one point more than they did after six matches in 2017-18.

So despite their stadium not being ready yet, questions over Harry Kane's fitness and the worst run of results since Mauricio Pochettino took charge in 2014, perhaps it is time for a little perspective.

Points after six games in 2018-19 Points after six games in 2017-18 Points from corresponding fixtures 2017-18 12119

BBC stepped in, yay!

Will have it up after the weekend's game if still needed.

Well, that should give you the incentive to get started. They won't do this regularly and the best reference point.

Won't bore with all of last years full match stats, so I'll just update relevant ones.

Replacing relegated teams with promoted teams(alphabetical order) :
Stoke - Cardiff
Swansea - Fulham
West Bromwich - Wolves

Round 8 Comparisons:
Corresponding :
+3 pts, -2GF, +2GA, -4GD
Round by Round:
+1 pts, =GF, +2GA, -2GD

Although our GD is slightly worse this season, scoring less and conceding more, the corresponding comparison shows we have 3 clean sheets in both seasons, but this season we have managed to score in every match, unlike last season when we were held to 2 goalless matches (25% of games accumulated).

The good news is that over the last 2 seasons our best period arrives around round 16:
2016-2017:
Rounds 16 to 34, 19 games played: W16, L1, D2.
Longest season W streak - 9 games (Round 26 to 34)

2017-2018:
Rounds 15 to 32, 18 games played: W13, L1, D4.
Longest season W streak - 6 games (Round 27 to 32)

Considering the fact that we are playing badly and add to the fact that we are presently having a bad run plus a high count of injured players the fact is that if we won against Watford which we shoud have, we would be at the top of the pile!!! Unbelievable but true !!!

Round 11 Comparisons:

Corresponding :
+6 pts, -2GF, -1GA, -1GD

Round by Round:
+1 pts, -1GF, +2GA, -3GD

The bad part is that Chavs, Arse and pool have massively improved compared to last season. Compared to last season, after 11 rounds these teams are:
Pool +8 points
Chavs +5 points
Arse + 4 points

I said at the start of the season we need to aim for 85pts, if we hit that I will be happy where ever we end up.

We're now the only team in the league to have not drawn a game this season. Considering a criticism of us in the past was we drew too many games this could be viewed as progress, particularly as the corresponding fixture stats show we seem to have turned games we drew before into unconvincing wins. The problem is we've also turned convincing wins into unconvincing ones too.