£15 Quid a Game. | Page 12 | Vital Football

£15 Quid a Game.

£15 to watch on TV Fair or Not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So we’re not on until the end of November. That’s now tv being cancelled for me, and I’ll go to my mates to watch the games we’re on as he has all the packages.

Is there something going like what Newcastle have done where we could donate £14.95 to a local food bank as a protest to this?

I wonder if sky has worked out how much they have made from this charge yet?

As people switch to watching illegal streams and those streams making money from advertising and Sky not making as much from advertising or they won't once the advertisers see the figures

Sky have now released the November fixture list, and we feature once, on the 30th of the month on a Monday night, away at WHU.
We were on more when we were botttom of the league, than when we are top.

Sky have now released the November fixture list, and we feature once, on the 30th of the month on a Monday night, away at WHU.
We were on more when we were botttom of the league, than when we are top.
Bottom line is some people will pay to watch their own team but I'm bloody sure they won't pay to watch other teams, the fans will win its one as long as we don't stump up extra?

Just read an article which suggest 100k watched Liverpool versus Sheff Utd which equates to revenue of £1.5m. Around 20k are estimated to have watched Leicester versus Villa. That’s a lot more for the Leicester Villa game than I expected, which equates to around £300k for sky from charging people for cameras they were going to put up anyway.

Not enough fans are boycotting to make it not financially viable for Sky, unless it becomes a PR issue. The reality is most fans are armchair fans especially the big teams in red and blue, so they were never going to lose out from those games.

Never expected this from Mike Ashley :

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has called for the Premier League to review its pay-per-view live matches in the UK.

Ashley voted in favour of the current agreement, which requires fans to pay £14.95 to watch individual fixtures.
- Why not make it much more accessible at £4.95 per match until Christmas? -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54699198

I'm sure as chips he has an angle he is working on but at least it's a step in the right direction for fans .

"Why not make it much more accessible at £4.95 per match until Christmas? The Government should waive VAT on the above pay-per-view matches so that as many of those who are unable to attend matches in person can at least watch their team. The profit from the above reduced-price pay-per-view option, I would suggest that 50% would be retained by Premier League and 50% would go to the football pyramid below."

That's his angle. Suggest a sensible price he's read fans talking about but then instantly pivot to the current price and waiving VAT (broadcasters only take cost, the clubs get the rest btw).

He'd still be quids in even if others backed the speculated '50/50%' which again, much like his £4.95 is hearsay.

Least that's my reading, but I am a cynical git at the best of times.

Even if I'm wrong in my reading, the PPV element is a total extra for clubs anyway.

I read yesterday/today that Sky and BT are bemoaning the whole PPV thing now "as it's giving them a bad look" :lol:

Saw the same thing, especially as they are taking it in the neck whilst only taking 'costs' from the price, so maybe a fiver? The rest is jam for the clubs to split.

Masters has already claimed the broadcasters set the price I read, Sky I believe have totally refuted him and pointed to the price being set because clubs wanted a guaranteed %, so my guess (and only a guess) it's 2/3rds weighted to the clubs at minimum.