1 Game Left | Page 4 | Vital Football

1 Game Left

I am not a DW hater….in fact , in some ways I feel sorry for him , but after his post match comments v Watford , surely BK and the Board must be wondering if he is the right man to take us forwards
His comments were a real joke. Saying that the players were in shock when Hwang went off...I mean that is mental - did the players actually say to the manager that they could shake the feeling of shock and upset?

Thinking about their time at the club have Delia and Michael actually ever sacked a manager on their own terms without the horrible fans forcing them?

Walker - I can't remember, but wasn't he here a bit too long in the second stint? I was a little too young.

Rich - Again I can't remember.

Worthington - lasted too long and they didn't act until it turned nasty

Grant - he decided to leave and I doubt the owners would have sacked him.

Roeder - they didn't want to sack him and weren't they crying or something when the horrible fans protested about his management.

Gunn - They wouldn't have acted it was McNasty who basically said this is enough.

Lambert - left because the owners wouldn't give him money and he got very big headed and moved to Villa....or something.

Hughton - another who should have gone sooner but the fans getting pissed forced their hand.

Adams - left

Neil - should have gone sooner, but was given the backing from owners (that newspaper piece) and then he was sacked after a press conference - was it them or the early steps of Webber pushing them to do this.

Farke - was all Webber.

Smith - the evil fans forced them/webber to get rid.

I am only going on what I have read and heard and who knows maybe Delia is a tyrant behind the scenes and gets rid of managers when she feels fit :-)

Few bits from AGM coming out and it makes for poor reading. Basically Delia likes DW and the fans have been harsh on DW. The club is in an injury crisis....yep. the fans don't understand what he is working with. Delia asks the fans to have more sympathy for DW from the fans.

BK says that nothing going to happen on the manager front as he has only been in short time and needs more time to see training and the results

Apparently this person says that Delia says it was fan pressure that made Webber go and they will not do that ever again.

what is it - 2 wins in the last 12 games and they say they are fully behind him and believe in what he is trying to do.

BK is like a little school boy listening to him favourite teacher Mrs Delia Smith...nodding nodding

I see other clubs have acted and sacked managers after shorter poor form than DW.

Sunderland have sacked mowbry who had done a good job for them but they are ambitious and can't see him as the man to get them to the premiership. They are currently 9th in the league.

Swansea sacked Michael duff. Won 5, drew 3 and lost 4 of the last 12 (3 of those losses came against Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich). They sit 5 points behind us, but the club said they needed to act now.

Both these managers managed to beat DW's Norwich yet he kept his job. Both club said they acted because of ambition and wanted to get back on track.

I wonder if heckingbottom getting sacked made them both acted to try get him in post.

We are not hard to play against. If I was the Sheffield Wednesday manager I'd have watched that game against PNE and go:

5-3-2 and park the bus for the first half - Norwich have no bite and will just pass backwards and sideways.

Second half go same and then at around 65th minute change it - throw on some pace and go 4-3-3 Attack with the pace as Stacey and Duffy can't deal with that and if we have a forward who is over 5'9 then he'll be able to wind headers over McLean.

Just play counter attacking football against us and you'll get something. Sit back the whole game and you';ll get something from us.

We were a different team compared to the one v PNE.
Admittedly S Wed gave us room to play; their fouls and dives lacked the intensity of Swindon for example.However, we had more pace and our passes were crisper. The exception was the long passes which were mostly overcooked. Our goals came from the more decisive play we had come to expect in the FarKe Championship winning era.
I absolutely agree about the atmosphere; it was reminiscent of away matches at Everton. Strange to be leading 3-1 in almost complete silence. Mrs Rex rather liked it.

I thought we were dreadful at times even though we scored 3 goals and in reality should have had 6, however, it is what it is, a good win...As for this Saturday, I am usually confident of a win against the filth down the road....Not this time though! As we all know Derby`s can be hard to predict so I`m just crossing everything.... I`ll be there of course.

I have been thinking about DW and I am sure when he signed on it was on a rolling contract and I have just seen a snippet from when he was appointed back on the 06th January 2023 and it reads:

David Wagner appointed head coach of Norwich City on a rolling 12 month deal.

So on the 06th of January we could have cut him off and paid nothing because on the 07th January his deal automatically got extended for another 12 months and we will have to pay something if we sack him (won't be massive amounts but £100 is lots to this club.

That's how rolling contracts have worked for me in the past (well I've only done one once, but the day after the contract expired it was auto renewed for another 12 months)

Should have acted after that Bristol Rovers game.

I have been thinking about DW and I am sure when he signed on it was on a rolling contract and I have just seen a snippet from when he was appointed back on the 06th January 2023 and it reads:

David Wagner appointed head coach of Norwich City on a rolling 12 month deal.

So on the 06th of January we could have cut him off and paid nothing because on the 07th January his deal automatically got extended for another 12 months and we will have to pay something if we sack him (won't be massive amounts but £100 is lots to this club.

That's how rolling contracts have worked for me in the past (well I've only done one once, but the day after the contract expired it was auto renewed for another 12 months)

Should have acted after that Bristol Rovers game.

I think it means you always have another year to be paid from any point so if he is fired at any time he will be paid a years wages.
For us mere mortals it is more likely that we have a years contract and need to be given another year or are let go without anything or what ever remains of the year.

If none of you have heard/read DW on his first year here you go:

'Look, It's not easy to judge after that (Bristol) performance, which as I said was poor because you will always get an honest answer from me. There were one or other individuals in this group who I think made big steps in the my 12 months.'

So would that be Rowe? One player who has improved in his year in charge --- not great.

'(financially) I think we generated a lot of money with transfer fees, and the last summer window with our sales, which we have done as well. If you want to look performance-wise, we had some very good performances in these 12 months and some performances which were below-par, like the FA Cup.'

So according to DW we made loads of money in his time from sales - so where is the money for new players?

'Obviously we have to make sure that we consistently perform on a higher level, on a much better level. This is what we are pushing for and what we are working for.'

'We have had meetings where I clearly assess performances are not good enough, that this is poor. We have to stop searching, or using these excuses. It's time to raise a hand say, ‘No. I can do better than what I've shown (in these games), and I have the expectation to do better whatever the circumstances are when I get the opportunity to get the shirt’.

This is my assessment.'

12 Months we are still pushing to improve performances and cut out mistakes ------- something he said last season and something he said the reason why we were going for more experienced players --- yet we are still making mistakes and performing poorly. Also, fitness is something I'd ask DW about because he had said he would make sure we would be the fittest in the league yet we always look shattered at the end of a match.

I think DW has said this many many times and now he is saying we have to stop using excuses, but he has done that many many times.