Interesting News Around the Football League | Page 25 | Vital Football

Interesting News Around the Football League

Woking bang on form, too.

York’s new stadium looks miserable.
I`ve had the pleasure of attending there - it`s a bit odd, multi-coloured seating and located well out of town with little parking. Bus service is OK. TBF to the locals, they do a good job of getting behind their team and city deserves an EFL team. .

Yep, really tight in the bottom half of the National League. Ebbsfleet have done very well since changing their manager - they looked in a precarious situation a couple of months ago but are currently surging - good for them.

I hope that York go down, it might save AFC Fylde from relegation.

How’s Akinyemi been doing at York? Might he be of interest to us in the summer or no way?

How’s Akinyemi been doing at York? Might he be of interest to us in the summer or no way?
I saw him in a game for York recently and whilst he didn`t score, his strength in the box led directly to the winning goal. Having said that, I dare say York anticipated more goals from Dipo than he`s delivered. There`s been an issue of some kind at York for a while, it appears they have underachieved given the new ownership and budget.

I`d have thought that someone like Olaofe would be great for us next season. Not sure that Dipo is at the same level; though, right now, he`d probably add extra value to our attack. Who knows !

U think missing out him, when it was rumored that us and Stockport were chasing him was a big miss.
Lozzy, Olaofe has more than proved himself at Stockport. I can`t remember when we were apparently "in for him", if it was during our fight to stay up, then I guess we weren`t as attractive an option as Stockport. If it was shortly before the start of 23/24, then maybe it was the money. Thing about Stockport is that they didn`t put all their eggs in the Olaofe basket. They`ve a decent number of forwards, including the very useful "big guy".

One thing for sure, Olaofe would cost us a lot more if we tried to sign him this summer. Stockport may end up making a decent profit !

Rumours that Wycombe Wanderers are purchasing Reading’s training ground. Cut price deal worth £22 million instead of the valued £50 million.

Could save Reading, providing Dai Yongge doesn’t pocket it. However, it would also make Reading less attractive to buy, meaning Reading will have to put up with Dai Yongge for the future.

Now on hold, as apparently planning limitations only allow Reading to use it

Lozzy, Olaofe has more than proved himself at Stockport. I can`t remember when we were apparently "in for him", if it was during our fight to stay up, then I guess we weren`t as attractive an option as Stockport. If it was shortly before the start of 23/24, then maybe it was the money. Thing about Stockport is that they didn`t put all their eggs in the Olaofe basket. They`ve a decent number of forwards, including the very useful "big guy".

One thing for sure, Olaofe would cost us a lot more if we tried to sign him this summer. Stockport may end up making a decent profit !

We were strongly linked with Oloafe last Jan once the takeover was announced. The online chat was that he had been chased and courted by Stockport for a while and despite us apparently matching or beating their offer, he chose to stick with Stockport.

Probably quite wise on his part with us 24th at the time. And I just seen he’s scored 19 in all comps this season!!

They are going up to L1 and I can’t see any way he’d be coming here next season. Stockport will surely keep him for L1 or he’ll be sold to a big L1 or maybe Champ club.

Well Fan will be unsurprised to see the wheels coming off for Graham Alexander again, this time at Bradfud.

5-1 home loss to Mansfield on Saturday followed tonight by 3-0 home loss to out of form Notts County.

Well Fan will be unsurprised to see the wheels coming off for Graham Alexander again, this time at Bradfud.

5-1 home loss to Mansfield on Saturday followed tonight by 3-0 home loss to out of form Notts County.

And those 2 defeats followed a 0-2 loss at home to bottom side FGR. Imagine the teeth gnashing at Gills if we went 0-2, 1-5, 0-3 in consecutive home games in a week 😳😳

And a lot of people thought they were making a charge for 7th.

I bet @Wellfan is feeling a bit sorry for poor old GA. As are the Bradford faithful…

Not strictly Football League related but does have a little something to do with it - early bird tickets for the National League play-off final on Sunday 5th May go on sale tomorrow morning. They're only £20, and if the game is anything like last season's final between Notts County and Chesterfield then it'll be another bargain. Neutral zone will likely be in the middle band at Wembley as previously, and I'd just really recommend it to anyone as an event.

Link below where the event should appear at 10am tomorrow.