Around the Grounds | Page 51 | Vital Football

Around the Grounds

Grimsby still have a home game against Bradford, who are hopeless at the moment, while they also have to travel to Colchester. 45 should be enough to survive.

FGR's run in is mental, and Sutton, while a bit easier in terms of run in, are running out of games,

Sadly the Cods will survive barring a Devon Loch in their remaining games.

I take succour from an earlier poster who pointed out that they are seemingly destined to scrape around the bottom of the L2 barrel for the foreseeable future with no hope of a morale boosting National League flutter with promotion.

Stretching the definition a little but I see Lincoln (Lindum) Hockey won their league and after two promotions will now be in the second tier of national hockey.
Perhaps it’s an omen …,

"Little" Stevenage still scrapping "among giants of clubs" according to His Roundness. Not sure if he made any reference this time to "Giant" Lincoln having a budget 50 times his.

Their penalty on Saturday described as "controversial" elsewhere, anyone seen if he acknowledged a lucky break? Or the usual bingo, fuming that the Carlisle player wasnt red carded??

They didn't keep the identity of Reading's potential new owner secret for long:

Leo Rifkind was a director at Charlton for two years under Thomas Sandgaard's ownership and fell out with the fans there. Good luck, Reading.

They didn't keep the identity of Reading's potential new owner secret for long:

Leo Rifkind was a director at Charlton for two years under Thomas Sandgaard's ownership and fell out with the fans there. Good luck, Reading.
According to its Linkedin page, Chiron has links to Venezia FC, the all-electric speedboat racing league E1 Series, and the Enhanced Games, a performance-enhanced athletics competition.

A performance enhanced athletics competition! I hope that's not what it sounds like!! If it is, at least they'll breeze the fit and proper test then.

If we got into the play offs and Bolton finished 3rd has there in recent years been a set of fixtures where the first and last fixture for one team including play offs are the same? Bolton (A) for us If that happened.

According to its Linkedin page, Chiron has links to Venezia FC, the all-electric speedboat racing league E1 Series, and the Enhanced Games, a performance-enhanced athletics competition.

A performance enhanced athletics competition! I hope that's not what it sounds like!! If it is, at least they'll breeze the fit and proper test then.
It's exactly what it sounds like - performance enhancing drugs are permitted.

You could not make some of these chancers and scumbags up.

Last edited: