Other Games 23/24 | Page 55 | Vital Football

Other Games 23/24

Southgate has never had a better squad in my opinion. It has exposed his ineptitude as a coach even more than we already knew.

You mention the back four. Along with Stones and Walker he has Branthwaite, Guehi and Colwill to build something around. He has Rico Lewis who has been awesome for Pep. Gareth looks in the totally wrong places for these positions.

Maddison gets treated like crap by Southgate as well. He's definitely not one of the teacher's pets.
Agree Mutts At least Mads made the goal and more importantly did not get injured in his 5 minute cameo ....DID YOU HEAR THAT Southgrate

Sad ending for Wales in the Euros last night, I've never seen five penalties as good as the Poles produced in the shoot out. No stars in the Welsh team, but they work hard for one another and are difficult to beat. Unfortunately with Bale departed there is no firepower, Johnson played quite well but he's no Bale at this stage of his career.
Disappointing for Ben Davies who was outstanding defensively against both Finland and Poland, whilst also having goals disallowed for marginal offside in both games. Last night's disallowed headed goal proved to be vital, preventing Wales from going in front just before the interval.
With his career at Spurs coming to an end, until he returns in a decade or so in a managerial capacity, Davies will be an excellent buy for any Club outside the top eight, looking to sign a full back who knows how to defend. Leeds would be well advised to make us an offer for both Davies and Rodon to partner one another in the PL next season.

Luckily I never watched the game, had a long discussion wiv Mrs PY and how she was Coming down from the high she had achieved whilst I was in Hospital, any way I digress....on reading a lot of reports and listening to oppo's who either went to the game or watched it on TV...I ended up wiv an opinion of TOTAL CRAP!

So a huge thank fcuk from me.

Luckily I never watched the game, had a long discussion wiv Mrs PY and how she was Coming down from the high she had achieved whilst I was in Hospital, any way I digress....on reading a lot of reports and listening to oppo's who either went to the game or watched it on TV...I ended up wiv an opinion of TOTAL CRAP!

So a huge thank fcuk from me.
Pompey , from the two games we played over the international break , you missed absolutely fuck all.

Unless you missed the quote from
Watkins who said it will take time for the rest of the team to get used to how he plays.
And Toney , who said he has his chance and he will take it by scoring lots of goals .

I think Sarfgate let them both down by picking the wrong team , playing in the wrong formations , and leaving them both isolated .

Without Kane playing in two positions for him , (Southgate) , he has no idea .

Bowen tried , Bellingham tried , the young kid , Mainoo did his best , but you know that Henderson , Maguire , Shaw , Walker , Alexander Arnold , will be back and the younger ones he should have been playing in these last two friendlies will go to the back burner .

We will burn out in the QF in the Euro’ s and he will say he did his best .

And Graham Potter will take over .

Pompey , from the two games we played over the international break , you missed absolutely fuck all.

Unless you missed the quote from
Watkins who said it will take time for the rest of the team to get used to how he plays.
And Toney , who said he has his chance and he will take it by scoring lots of goals .

I think Sarfgate let them both down by picking the wrong team , playing in the wrong formations , and leaving them both isolated .

Without Kane playing in two positions for him , (Southgate) , he has no idea .

Bowen tried , Bellingham tried , the young kid , Mainoo did his best , but you know that Henderson , Maguire , Shaw , Walker , Alexander Arnold , will be back and the younger ones he should have been playing in these last two friendlies will go to the back burner .

We will burn out in the QF in the Euro’ s and he will say he did his best .

And Graham Potter will take over .

Sadly, the FA will once again reward mediocrity; we have players capable of winning a tournament, but that will never happen with Southgate - his sole purpose is not to lose, rather than go all out for victory.

Under Southgate we will see yet another generation of footballers fade away and become 'almost' winners.