Other Games 23/24 | Page 54 | Vital Football

Other Games 23/24

Geof! I think what you had there was the nipper who eventually scored was offside, but not interfering, had the same 3 times v the Chavs.
This way of thinking is encouraging goal hanging.

The geyser who went through wasn't offside he was being played on by our Left Back, forget his name lol!

That's what I saw anyway.
I get that, PY, but surely there were two players well offside earlier in the move and one of them took the ball. The move continued and they scored. Watching the replay I could not understand why they all seemed to ignore the earlier offside.

Or maybe I saw it wrong!

I get that, PY, but surely there were two players well offside earlier in the move and one of them took the ball. The move continued and they scored. Watching the replay I could not understand why they all seemed to ignore the earlier offside.

Or maybe I saw it wrong!
I think Vinicius Jr was being played onside by Chilwell when the ball was played to him, Endrick was offside at that point but I assume he wasn't deemed to be interferring with play. I still don't understand the rule, as he had in effect come back from an offside position prior to scoring I would have expected it to be ruled out. I must be getting old, I don't understand many of the laws of the game any more!

I think Vinicius Jr was being played onside by Chilwell when the ball was played to him, Endrick was offside at that point but I assume he wasn't deemed to be interferring with play. I still don't understand the rule, as he had in effect come back from an offside position prior to scoring I would have expected it to be ruled out. I must be getting old, I don't understand many of the laws of the game any more!
I'm starting to think there aren't any.

I'm starting to think there aren't any.
You are in line with all the referees that control our games , mate .

It’s getting embarrassing,,ridiculous that those amongst us , that have been watching football for fifty years or more , don’t understand the Laws as the LawEnforcers think they do.

As Pompey has said , we may as well bring back goal hanging ……. The very thing that the Offside Law was brought in for , and if that isn’t the greatest irony , I don’t know what is .

Oh no , Maguire has withdrawn from the England Squad for the Belgium game .

How will we get over that one … What will Sarfgate do ?
Oh yeah ….. bring in Dunk . Strikers all over Europe will be quaking in their boots .
He probably withdrew to avoid the embarrassment of being picked again on Tuesday after his customary gaffe against Brazil that nearly cost us a goal.

To be honest this "isn't interfering with play" is really pissing me off, if he has the same colours on then he is interfering or is it to encourage "goal hanging" note Jackson 3 times v us. COYS

The linesman on the far side is having a stormer !

Gives Bowen offside when he wasn’t offside , then doesn’t give him offside when he was offside and put the ball in the net .

Cracking … almost playing as good as Chilwell

If that England squad is favourite for the upcoming competition , I’m going to look for a hat to eat .

The penalty Toney scored was awful, nowhere the side netting , and easily saved if the keeper had slightly gone the other way .
The back four were simply naive , just what you want as you are approaching a major tournament .

It took Maddison to get into positions where it hurt , and to make the pass to Bellingham , who had been played out of the game up till then .

It was an awful performance . An awful team chosen by an awful manager .

Surely Dunk , Maguire , Chilwell , can’t be the only alternatives …… to the others who are hardly world class .

Favourites for the Euro’s …. I don’t think so .

If that England squad is favourite for the upcoming competition , I’m going to look for a hat to eat .

The penalty Toney scored was awful, nowhere the side netting , and easily saved if the keeper had slightly gone the other way .
The back four were simply naive , just what you want as you are approaching a major tournament .

It took Maddison to get into positions where it hurt , and to make the pass to Bellingham , who had been played out of the game up till then .

It was an awful performance . An awful team chosen by an awful manager .

Surely Dunk , Maguire , Chilwell , can’t be the only alternatives …… to the others who are hardly world class .

Favourites for the Euro’s …. I don’t think so .

Southgate has never had a better squad in my opinion. It has exposed his ineptitude as a coach even more than we already knew.

You mention the back four. Along with Stones and Walker he has Branthwaite, Guehi and Colwill to build something around. He has Rico Lewis who has been awesome for Pep. Gareth looks in the totally wrong places for these positions.

Maddison gets treated like crap by Southgate as well. He's definitely not one of the teacher's pets.