FFP charges? | Page 108 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

£47.5m for Johnson
£5m for Scarpa
£5m for Surridge
£25m for Mangala

£82m brought in there.

I would imagine the commission would not have written of the money we have brought in in such glowing terms if we were still in a position of breaching. You would imagine that if we were on course to breach yet again this would be noted as an aggrevating factor.

We'll also be selling Murillo at least this summer
Yes, someone is off this summer.

Its E5m for Scarpa, so around £4m-ish...every million counts!

If there is an appeal and the deduction is eradicated then that would have meant that the mitigations were completely valid and within the rules.

I've posted on here about Bairstow being run out by Carey. Within the rules but against the spirit of the rules . England lost that match and ultimately the Ashes
So you see what I'm saying: 'rules' or 'laws' sound like cast-iron, inflexible words, but in practice there's usually a degree of discretion.

So someone can be found guilty of murder (cries of 'hang him!')...

...but found not guilty on appeal (cries of 'shame on the corrupt system!')

There's the spirit of the law, but there's also judicial process which allows judgements to be overturned. Nothing is certain.

@toms if the rules said "newly promoted sides are only allowed to field 9 players in a match day squad" would you just say "oh fair enough, rules is rules"?

This is akin to a boxer moving up a weight class, but only being allowed to gain 1/3rd of the weight difference per year.

Our squad was 1/10th the value of the cheapest squad and 1/100th the value of Man City's squad. Yet we were expected to somehow compete with all those teams, whilst only being allowed a little over half their spending power and starting from a drastically lower base.

It's not right, it's not fair, and I don't actually give a fuck from a moral stand point that we've broken those appalling rules.
Ok Lynx-I'm disagreeing with you on this because we were out by 35 m and we overspent massively on players we hardly used and still stayed up

They’ll get at least -3 possibly more as there is this from today…

View attachment 72216
I don't think it's relevant.

They have already been punished for 2 of the three year period.

So unless they had a significant breach last season, they are fine. And how do you show a breach happens in one season when it's judged over 3, and they have already been punished for two of those?

They will be fine

So you see what I'm saying: 'rules' or 'laws' sound like cast-iron, inflexible words, but in practice there's usually a degree of discretion.

So someone can be found guilty of murder (cries of 'hang him!')...

...but found not guilty on appeal (cries of 'shame on the corrupt system!')

There's the spirit of the law, but there's also judicial process which allows judgements to be overturned. Nothing is certain.
Sure-if its appealed and overruled because we are found not to have breached or breached but genuinely did everything we could have to mitigate then fine by me but how can that ever be found when we spent another 45m in Jan 23 knowing full well we'd be in breach by June 2023 just 6 months later

I don't think it's relevant.

They have already been punished for 2 of the three year period.

So unless they had a significant breach last season, they are fine. And how do you show a breach happens in one season when it's judged over 3, and they have already been punished for two of those?

They will be fine
Irrelevant. A breach is a breach and it’s been stated in today’s report that any breach is -3 points and more than one is aggravated leading to further potential sanctions.

Disagree away Toms. I think you're barking and we as fans need to be angry and translate that in the ground to fire up the team.
Im all up for firing up the the team but we deliberately breached the rules. There are certain posters on here who have gone completely crazy over certain charachters previously at this club who have brought the club into disrepute...today they are all silent

Irrelevant. A breach is a breach and it’s been stated in today’s report that any breach is -3 points and more than one is aggravated leading to further potential sanctions.
We'll see, but I reckon they'll get away with it.

And I reckon Leicester will get away with it. No idea how yet, but they always do

Can someone explain to me why our CEO would have gone on record saying this as evidence (under 12.54)

"money was not apparently Forest’s driver, Mr Vrentzos
explained at the Hearing that a few million pounds would not matter to a business that is turning
over many millions"

The statement then continues to say the below which I think is absolutely ridiculous; that the integrity of the rules are more important than the money a club makes in maximising profit. Wtf is that meant to mean when the whole point of these rules are about profit in the first place. Thing is the above statement just gives them every reason to say the below, well wtf didn't you abide by the rules if losing a few million quid means nothing to you.

" but, ultimately, it boils down to this for the Commission – what really
matters is the integrity of the competition and how the public and other clubs saw Forest
behaving; along with the fairness to the other clubs playing in the competition and abiding by
the PSR. In the eyes of the other clubs, had Forest sold Player A within the first few weeks
following the PSR deadline, this would demonstrate a willingness to comply, so why not make
the “miss” as near as it could? It may have cost Forest some money, but it would have
demonstrated that Forest showed some respect for the Rules, its fellow clubs and the
competition and reacted as soon as it could."

Overall I'm still pissed off with the club for getting in this mess but even more so with the premier league who seem to have taken advantage of our honest approach to the charges. everton fans must be bricking it now if assume.

Sure-if its appealed and overruled because we are found not to have breached or breached but genuinely did everything we could have to mitigate then fine by me but how can that ever be found when we spent another 45m in Jan 23 knowing full well we'd be in breach by June 2023 just 6 months later
Depends on what the truth is. The club say they were in touch with the EPL throughout, and thought they'd be fine with the delayed BJ transfer. AFAIK, that balanced the books but was 3 months late. That seems the main bone of contention.

Can someone explain to me why our CEO would have gone on record saying this as evidence (under 12.54)

"money was not apparently Forest’s driver, Mr Vrentzos
explained at the Hearing that a few million pounds would not matter to a business that is turning
over many millions"

The statement then continues to say the below which I think is absolutely ridiculous; that the integrity of the rules are more important than the money a club makes in maximising profit. Wtf is that meant to mean when the whole point of these rules are about profit in the first place. Thing is the above statement just gives them every reason to say the below, well wtf didn't you abide by the rules if losing a few million quid means nothing to you.

" but, ultimately, it boils down to this for the Commission – what really
matters is the integrity of the competition and how the public and other clubs saw Forest
behaving; along with the fairness to the other clubs playing in the competition and abiding by
the PSR. In the eyes of the other clubs, had Forest sold Player A within the first few weeks
following the PSR deadline, this would demonstrate a willingness to comply, so why not make
the “miss” as near as it could? It may have cost Forest some money, but it would have
demonstrated that Forest showed some respect for the Rules, its fellow clubs and the
competition and reacted as soon as it could."

Overall I'm still pissed off with the club for getting in this mess but even more so with the premier league who seem to have taken advantage of our honest approach to the charges. everton fans must be bricking it now if assume.
Does it show a willingness to comply when you spend millions in the January window before the deadline?

This is why Cooper was worried about the club

The rumour around Merseyside is that Everton's second breach is in excess of £50m, with one Everton fan who claims to know the figure stating that it's over £80m

The rumour around Merseyside is that Everton's second breach is in excess of £50m, with one Everton fan who claims to know the figure stating that it's over £80m

Be interesting to know which accounts Richarlson sale is in as that's recorded as sale on 01/07/22.

They then went on to buy Garner, Onana (over £35m), maupey, McNeil, signed tarkowski, young, cody on frees, they can't be on small wages. They have spent about £50m on beto and someone else in this season's accounting. They must be facing more points surely

Plans are coming together nicely to end football for all but a handful of clubs.

We've spent our oil money to become established but don't you upstarts dare have a go!

Clubs should be allowed to lose whatever their idiot owners are willing to, as long as the debt isn't piled on the club.