Premier League Match Thread: Luton Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by peace, love and harmony on this forum | Page 5 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: Luton Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by peace, love and harmony on this forum

I hope our WB's are fit after the international break. We need better options than Toffolo in there, and starting

I hope our WB's are fit after the international break. We need better options than Toffolo in there, and starting
He seems a likeable bloke but can't help but think that's a weak link in the side at LB . Need Tavares or Aina back for the run in.

I think there is method there. We need to make use of pace behind them. Sangare is the quarterback style player who can make those passes. Control of the midfield is more than just winning it, but doing something with it.

Nuno must think that Sangare is more likely to find a killer pass behind them so we can counter quickly.

We can't afford to piss about with it in midfield with short passes. They'll just GBH us and the referee will ignore it

I've no issue with Sangare but I'd have Dominguez over Yates. He's been one of our better players this season.

I'd also have CHO over Origi out wide. Nuno seems to like Origi but he's done little so far other than miss a good chance last week.

As ever with opinions like this, hoping to be proved massively wrong.

happy with the line up. Clearly something not been right with awonyi the way his time has been managed of late so guess there is reason for him not being selected. CHO assuming there must be fitness issues as well as his form had been really good up to and including Liverpool (last minute aside). He was even tracking back. Hopefully he can come on and make an impact.

He was rushed back from his previous injury due to Wood being injured. I wonder if that's now caught him with.

I've no issue with Sangare but I'd have Dominguez over Yates. He's been one of our better players this season.

I'd also have CHO over Origi out wide. Nuno seems to like Origi but he's done little so far other than miss a good chance last week.

As ever with opinions like this, hoping to be proved massively wrong.
CHO has the scoring record and the pace, Origi had the unpredictability. Nuno obviously seems to prefer Origi. I tend to agree with you, but Origi has his uses too.

Our record with Yates speaks for itself. We rarely win without him

Sorry slightly different subject but just watched another VAR joke on the wolves Coventry cup tie. They spent 5 mins trying to rule out a Coventry goal for handball. It was impossible to tell from any picture whether it hit the strikers arm or not as it passed him into the net. It’s absolutely ruining football. The fans were singing F**k Var after about 3 mins of waiting for a decision.
Originally VAR was introduced to adjudicate on clear and obvious errors, but it can’t adjudicate on 2nd yellows. So it can spend 10 minutes deciding on offside by a gnats bollock, but has nothing to say about the obvious miscarriage of justice when Boly was sent off or the ref giving the ball to Liverpool when we had possession. So what is the point of VAR ? Not fit for purpose.

When the inevitable inquest into this season failures begins, this will be number one for me.
We must have suspected this last from last season and our answer was to take a massive gamble on Origi.
We tried to do it on the cheap and it has hammered us. We only brought in Origi because we couldn’t get Batshuayi. When you think that Piroe was available as was Gyokeres, the decision becomes even more bonkers…

If we survive this season, we have Origi's loan expiring and Wood out of contract. We must invest in a first choice CF, and use Taiwo when he's fit, or manage his game time to ensure he stays fit for longer. I think he's brilliant, but needs to be our second option, or as some have said, sold, to fund an equal or better.

Do we give Wood another year or 2?

We tried to do it on the cheap and it has hammered us. We only brought in Origi because we couldn’t get Batshuayi. When you think that Piroe was available as was Gyokeres, the decision becomes even more bonkers…
Piroe not really showing it, but a 20m punt on Gyokeres is now proving a bargain