Premier League Match Thread: Luton Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by peace, love and harmony on this forum | Page 6 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: Luton Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by peace, love and harmony on this forum

We tried to do it on the cheap and it has hammered us. We only brought in Origi because we couldn’t get Batshuayi. When you think that Piroe was available as was Gyokeres, the decision becomes even more bonkers…
Gyokeres was not available. He had made a deal abroad ages before.

Piroe has 11 goals in the championship but they were mostly in the early season. He has 3 goals in 21 appearances now and his performances have been shite.

Awoniyi, Wood and one other were always a very decent striker group

O'Hare from Coventry would be a decent signing. I'd rather had cherry picked the championship a bit more than sign some of the disinterested shite we've had.

I thought it was refreshing to hear Nuno say how important today’s game is. Most managers play the situation down which irritates me

We need a win today to kick start us off. It’s not a “now or never” situation yet, but lose today and I think we’re almost done

3-2 us…

I thought it was refreshing to hear Nuno say how important today’s game is. Most managers play the situation down which irritates me

We need a win today to kick start us off. It’s not a “now or never” situation yet, but lose today and I think we’re almost done

3-2 us…
100% a must win with a likely points deduction on Monday

O'Hare from Coventry would be a decent signing. I'd rather had cherry picked the championship a bit more than sign some of the disinterested shite we've had.
I was impressed with Ellis Simms today despite him missing an absolute sitter. I thought his movement and his awareness in the box was excellent today. Scoring a lot of goals now after taking home to settle in

Lad definitely has talent. Not sure his decision making is good enough for the prem

Gyokeres was not available. He had made a deal abroad ages before.

Piroe has 11 goals in the championship but they were mostly in the early season. He has 3 goals in 21 appearances now and his performances have been shite.

Awoniyi, Wood and one other were always a very decent striker group
There was nothing stopping us being involved in the conversation with Gyokeres but Piroe was a goal machine for Swansea so we should have been looking there.

We knew Awoniyi had injury issues so we knew we needed a decent 3rd striker who could challenge. By any metric Origi hasn’t been the answer.

we NEED to start winning mate, and this game, plus the next 2 home games are 3 we need to be taking max points from. A minimum of 7, but 3 from today for sure
But still, there's 10 games left, so we can lose, get a points deduction, and still stay up.
I know we need to start winning. I'm not advocating for a Forest loss, and yes its a really important game, but the season ain't over until another 10 games are done.

There was nothing stopping us being involved in the conversation with Gyokeres but Piroe was a goal machine for Swansea so we should have been looking there.

You could say that about half the premier league though. And he didn't go to the PL so he must have wanted something else. In our case we couldn't guarentee premier league football for a long time.
We knew Awoniyi had injury issues so we knew we needed a decent 3rd striker who could challenge. By any metric Origi hasn’t been the answer.
Did we?

I mean, he had AN injury issue last season mid season.

I don't remember hearing about any issues at Liverpool or Union Berlin.

We all think he has injury issues now because he's on his third multi-week injury in one season. But I don't think we knew he was going to have recurring injuries in the summer.

Origi has had his own injury issue and is coming back to fitness and sharpness with game time. Injury aside, I don't think he is a bad third striker but he does need some goals

I think this game is more a must not lose than a must win. For me anyway…
A draw isn't really good enough. We should be beating Luton. At this stage there's still a bit of wiggle room so we CAN lose or draw, but its not good enough if we do imo.

How many does Origi have? And how many did they both score last season?
Not really fair to compare scoring in Serie A to the championship is it?

Piroe was £10m plus wages, totally unproven at this level, not consistently proven in the championship. Origi was just wages and a modest loan fee with champions league experience.