FFP charges? | Page 84 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

I think the club is looking to take the emotion out of it. All of Everton’s outrage hasn’t particularly helped them so we are trying a different approach.

I don’t think we have accepted a deduction as such, I think it is more that we have set our stall out in terms of what we will accept. My guess is that anything over three points and we will appeal but I still think it will be a suspended deduction and a fine.
I don't know if it was their outrage or simply the facts of the case - probably the latter - but they did get their points deduction substantially decreased.

I don't know if it was their outrage or simply the facts of the case - probably the latter - but they did get their points deduction substantially decreased.
Reading the appeal findings I don’t think the outrage had any real effect. The original decision was never going to stand once it was pointed out that Portsmouth had only been given a 9 point penalty despite their issues being much worse.

Given that and some of the other things that were mentioned I think Everton could have got at least another point removed.

Whether we do or don't get a points deduction this will be brought up at every opportunity for a long while.
If we escape a points deduction and there is ever any sort of conversation about a sending off or a penalty we should have had, you'll read nothing else from opposition fans and some journalists.
Yes we will be labelled as cheats etc for a good long while now.

Because we’ve cheated by spending more than we should….at least for a few weeks.

God I hope we stay up. Imagine how embarrassing it’s going to be after spending £200 million, two relegation battles and back where we started, what a fuck up

Because we’ve cheated by spending more than we should….at least for a few weeks.

God I hope we stay up. Imagine how embarrassing it’s going to be after spending £200 million, two relegation battles and back where we started, what a fuck up
Cheating is harsh. We didn’t hide it from the premier league we communicated throughout with them according to reports so presumably we thought we were safe.
Agree that subtlety may be lost on others but will soon be forgotten. Football fans in particular don’t have long attention spans for this sort of thing to continue too long and decent journalists will read the decision report

Reading the appeal findings I don’t think the outrage had any real effect. The original decision was never going to stand once it was pointed out that Portsmouth had only been given a 9 point penalty despite their issues being much worse.

Given that and some of the other things that were mentioned I think Everton could have got at least another point removed.
It had no impact.
The comparison with other Clubs carried more weight as did the highlighting of the PL management incompetence.

Having professional representation would also have helped

Cheating is harsh. We didn’t hide it from the premier league we communicated throughout with them according to reports so presumably we thought we were safe.
Agree that subtlety may be lost on others but will soon be forgotten. Football fans in particular don’t have long attention spans for this sort of thing to continue too long and decent journalists will read the decision report
That’s like saying that keeping eye contact with the shopkeeper while you steal a packet of rolos isn’t as bad as just stealing it.

I don’t agree with it, but from the outside of our club, we’ve cheated. It’s harsh, but so is getting caught fishing without a licence.

That’s like saying that keeping eye contact with the shopkeeper while you steal a packet of rolos isn’t as bad as just stealing it.

I don’t agree with it, but from the outside of our club, we’ve cheated. It’s harsh, but so is getting caught fishing without a licence.

What about a packet of polos?

These new rules they want to impose will make competing even more difficult

Spending 85% of revenue on players and wages. Luton and Bournemouth would have about £2m to spend!!

Anyone know what our revenues are for the last FY out of curiosity

These new rules they want to impose will make competing even more difficult

Spending 85% of revenue on players and wages. Luton and Bournemouth would have about £2m to spend!!

Anyone know what our revenues are for the last FY out of curiosity
circa £150m - 80% of which comes from the EPL (circa £120m) - so Luton, B'muff, Palace, Brentford and similar will all be between £130-£150m
The 85% spend of revenue is related to transfer fees & wages - so not I guess in theory you can spend what you like outside of that because from what I can see there isn't a cap on overall spend/losses.

circa £150m - 80% of which comes from the EPL (circa £120m) - so Luton, B'muff, Palace, Brentford and similar will all be between £130-£150m
The 85% spend of revenue is related to transfer fees & wages - so not I guess in theory you can spend what you like outside of that because from what I can see there isn't a cap on overall spend/losses.
Man Utd's annual revenue last year was around £637m

Brentford's was £166m.

So £509m to spend Vs £133m

There is nothing Brentford can do to close that gap. Last year was a good year for Brentford.

Man Utd's annual revenue last year was around £637m

Brentford's was £166m.

So £509m to spend Vs £133m

There is nothing Brentford can do to close that gap. Last year was a good year for Brentford.
Yes fully get it.
What I don't get, is why the 14 'non big 6' clubs would ever vote for it

Yes fully get it.
What I don't get, is why the 14 'non big 6' clubs would ever vote for it
Exactly. Just look at what Chelsea and City have been allowed to do at the start of the century. That would no longer be possible for new owners (like EM) to fast track a competitive push and try and break through.

IMO only there should be an owners guarantee/lien that if they walk away they underwrite all losses before selling/walking. But they allow the owners to build and spend how they see fit

It had no impact.
The comparison with other Clubs carried more weight as did the highlighting of the PL management incompetence.

Having professional representation would also have helped
Wasn't some of the outrage about the conclusion that Everton had been deceptive and that "less than frank" approach was considered an aggravating factor?

"A three-person appeal board concluded that the independent commission which imposed the 10-point penalty "made legal errors" on two grounds. It said the commission was "wrong" to punish Everton for being "less than frank" over what it told the Premier League about its new stadium debt."