FFP charges? | Page 83 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

I actually don't think it will be 6, because they won't want an appeal going beyond the seasons end. Everton have been docked 6 for being outside of P&S, and they are still outside of P&S.

We were outside for a few weeks and are now compliant again. If we get the same deduction as Everton then *surely* we have good reason to appeal.

We were outside for a few weeks and are now compliant again. If we get the same deduction as Everton then *surely* we have good reason to appeal.
I don't know where all this "we were only out for a few weeks" has come from. We were outside of the rules the minute we bought a player or paid wages that took us over the limit, it may have been January when we bought Wood & our friend Jonjo or could have been even before that. It only became visible to all when the accounts were submitted up to 30th June. I agree that the situation was quickly remedied by selling Johno, but we clearly had been over the limit for some time.

Having said all that I am still hopeful for a suspended sentence, based on how inherently the rules are weighted against newly promoted teams, the fact that we acted as quickly as was sensible to correct it using universally accepted accounting practice & the fact (if we believe the club) that we kept the PL informed & worked with them all through

Just read the Athletic article from the beginning of March and I’m not sure how we can be punished with a points deduction if they are correct. They said Tottenham were in contact with us saying they intended bidding for Johnson when the Kane sale went through. Which they did as we know and we sold for 47 million. Brentford offered 30 million which was well below our valuation.We were in constant contact with the premier league during this time keeping them informed whilst arguing it would be madness to sell the player for way below his value.
This should be no more than a suspended sentence for a technical breach imo

Just read the Athletic article from the beginning of March and I’m not sure how we can be punished with a points deduction if they are correct. They said Tottenham were in contact with us saying they intended bidding for Johnson when the Kane sale went through. Which they did as we know and we sold for 47 million. Brentford offered 30 million which was well below our valuation.We were in constant contact with the premier league during this time keeping them informed whilst arguing it would be madness to sell the player for way below his value.
I can't find this, do you have a link or the title I can search?

This is broadly in line with what we already knew, the EPL were fully aware of what we were doing and in agreement with it.
My understanding is that it is other clubs that have put pressure on the EPL to charge us.
It doesn’t surprise me - we seem to have made a lot of enemies very quickly since our return

We're Nottingham Forest. They'll do what they want.

This is broadly in line with what we already knew, the EPL were fully aware of what we were doing and in agreement with it.
My understanding is that it is other clubs that have put pressure on the EPL to charge us.
It doesn’t surprise me - we seem to have made a lot of enemies very quickly since our return

The weird question is how or why have we made a lot of enemies?

Is it because we had the best atmosphere?

Well broadly what was speculated but this article seems to confirm that constant communication was ongoing. I wonder because it’s technically a breach the premier league had to go ahead and maybe there was pressure from other clubs though it doesn’t sound like Palace was one of them. 2 day hearing is also interesting compared to Evertons 5 days. I don’t know how the hearing works. Do the premier league put its case and then we react to it with our mitigation?

What worries me is that it sounds like the club have basically accepted a points deduction and are just going to try to keep it down.

I'm not convinced that playing the penitent is a winning strategy

Well broadly what was speculated but this article seems to confirm that constant communication was ongoing. I wonder because it’s technically a breach the premier league had to go ahead and maybe there was pressure from other clubs though it doesn’t sound like Palace was one of them. 2 day hearing is also interesting compared to Evertons 5 days. I don’t know how the hearing works. Do the premier league put its case and then we react to it with our mitigation?
I really don’t know how it works.
I have been on a Everton forum ‘GrandOldTeam’ - if you cut through all of the sh*t, there are some sensible comments - they don’t seem to know how it worked for them either. The only thing I can glean is that the owner defended the clubs actions himself for the first hearing and made a right mess of it - expecting a fine. they only employed a KC for their appeal.
They don’t even know when their 2nd breach is going to be heard yet!

The weird question is how or why have we made a lot of enemies?

Is it because we had the best atmosphere?
Because EM has ambition and the money to go with it.

He has pissed off some Clubs who do not like the way he has spent money

He has pissed off others by siding with the big Clubs in some of the votes.

Some Clubs feel threatened and some will be envious

I really don’t know how it works.
I have been on a Everton forum ‘GrandOldTeam’ - if you cut through all of the sh*t, there are some sensible comments - they don’t seem to know how it worked for them either. The only thing I can glean is that the owner defended the clubs actions himself for the first hearing and made a right mess of it - expecting a fine. they only employed a KC for their appeal.
They don’t even know when their 2nd breach is going to be heard yet!
Yes I went on there and watched toffee tv on YouTube who have been quite fair as they think neither team should get points penalties and that transfer window embargoes would be better and I agree. They must have employed someone to state their case at the original hearing?

It's simply because EM has had the audacity to show some ambition, and the "cartel" don't want anything that might upset their cosey little club, so we've got to go at all costs

Why did that never happen to Villa or West Ham or Newcastle which seem much more obvious targets?

As far as I can remember, why was it never obviously happening to Leicester or Leeds despite these clubs managing to get themselves relegated anyway?

There's got to be some other reason here.

What worries me is that it sounds like the club have basically accepted a points deduction and are just going to try to keep it down.

I'm not convinced that playing the penitent is a winning strategy
I think the club is looking to take the emotion out of it. All of Everton’s outrage hasn’t particularly helped them so we are trying a different approach.

I don’t think we have accepted a deduction as such, I think it is more that we have set our stall out in terms of what we will accept. My guess is that anything over three points and we will appeal but I still think it will be a suspended deduction and a fine.

Whether we do or don't get a points deduction this will be brought up at every opportunity for a long while.
If we escape a points deduction and there is ever any sort of conversation about a sending off or a penalty we should have had, you'll read nothing else from opposition fans and some journalists.