Match Thread: Barnsley v Lincoln City | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Barnsley v Lincoln City

Back after my nearest away day. Wow. What a performance. And 4 if not 5 superbly made and finished goals. And 4 of them right in front of us. Great goal on the break first half which we threatened all game. Special praise to Mandroiu for a sensational pass. Then second half Moylan was the driving force and terrific. What an individual goal and what a strike for his second. And he was at it all half. And Mandroiu's goal. Sublime back flick from Taylor who gets better and better and Mandroiu was class dummying his way into a perfect goal with his run and finish. Away fans had a day to cherish. Best I've seen us play for years and years. Second half we even threw in plenty of "ole's" while we embarrassed them with some keep ball. And this even nearly led to a goal. Absolutely fantastic performance and day.

Stunning performance and it has been coming. This team are quickly becoming a joy to watch and setbacks, like the loss through injury of key players, are overcome by the squad being well prepared to reach the standards required.

To add, I was quite impressed with the reaction of our lads when we conceded.

Remonstrating and visibly frustrated, but only because they have high standards, as opposed to trying to throw each other under the bus.

Not to be sniffed at.

That mentality will take us far - if not this season, then next.

Quite simply, one of the greatest Imps performances I have ever witnessed. Superb support and amazing atmosphere. The last time I saw us score 5, Graham Taylor was one of the scorers!
We have unearthed some new talent to cover for injured players missing and Scoobs has moulded a tight unit that fights for everything. I wish to withdraw my comment of a few weeks ago that we could afford to let Danny go - he had his finest match yet.
Who else can we upset in the games left this season?

First chance to post since got back.
Given the standard of the opposition at the moment I can’t think of a better away league performance I’ve witnessed. Superb from 1 to 16 as it were.
Considering how the 1st half finished it was some half time that completely changed the momentum of the game and we didn’t let Barnsley get going at all.
As well as the obvious players to mention, the defence and keeper when Barnsley had their spell were excellent with some fabulous blocks and if that failed Jensen was there.
Seems to be a trend but given their record I was surprised when the fans started streaming out with 30 minutes left at 3-0. By the end crowd was about 50-50!

First chance to post since got back.
Given the standard of the opposition at the moment I can’t think of a better away league performance I’ve witnessed. Superb from 1 to 16 as it were.
Considering how the 1st half finished it was some half time that completely changed the momentum of the game and we didn’t let Barnsley get going at all.
As well as the obvious players to mention, the defence and keeper when Barnsley had their spell were excellent with some fabulous blocks and if that failed Jensen was there.
Seems to be a trend but given their record I was surprised when the fans started streaming out with 30 minutes left at 3-0. By the end crowd was about 50-50!
It looked a little like Bramall Lane the other day.

A rare treat !
homehgawayagcompgateawayfansmatchdate
HULL TOWN1LINCOLN5FA 101/11/1884
HARTLEPOOL1LINCOLN53Nth2,69412/01/1935
BRADFORD PA1LINCOLN5Div 42,25927/04/1968
BRADFORD CITY1LINCOLN5Div 44,01931/03/1976
DONCASTER1LINCOLN5Div 41,99930/11/1991
CHESTERFIELD1LINCOLN5Div 42,74818/04/1992
HYDE1LINCOLN5BS PL1,39097720/04/2013
CAMBRIDGE1LINCOLN5Lg 15,8331,12411/09/2021
BARNSLEY1LINCOLN5Lg 114,1581,96509/03/2024

Don't usually read all the posts on the match day thread if I've been to the game but I'm going to savour all the posts this morning.

Great performance and a great atmosphere. It's strange but I wouldn't mind if they did go up because they are a decent set of fans but on the other hand, if they don't go up we have another good away day next season - unless we go up of course.

Don't usually read all the posts on the match day thread if I've been to the game but I'm going to savour all the posts this morning.

Great performance and a great atmosphere. It's strange but I wouldn't mind if they did go up because they are a decent set of fans but on the other hand, if they don't go up we have another good away day next season - unless we go up of course.
As it stands,we could have a few good away days to South Yorkshire next season- Rotherham,Sheffield We’d and Huddersfield.

Picture the scene. You are in the Royal Albert Hall, about to see a concert by HM Royal Marines Band, which starts at 2pm. You sneak a look at your phone and see a very attacking line up has been named. You take a look during the interval and see we are 1-0 up. You take another look at half time in the match and it's still 1-0. If we can hold on to that, I'll be really happy but even if it ends 1-1, I'll be OK wirth that.

Then Mrs Pompey announces 'Thou shall not look at thy phone again until the concert has finished' OK, fair enough.

As the last notes of the encore fade to an echo, the phone comes out, the screen is refreshed and Blooy Hell, 5-1!!. I nearly fell off the balcony. While all around are comparing notes and saying what an excellent concert it had been, all I could say way was, Bloody Hell, we've beaten Barnsley 5-1, over and over again!

I was looking forward to watching the whole match replay but have now realised it's a Hortin-Gordon (shit)show, so I'll have to hope there's a no commentary option

What a day, what a score, what a team and club we have - UTI

They're two blokes who love LIncoln- I'm more than happy with BBC Lincs football coverage.
I just love it every time MH gets over-excited and the commentary drops out or breaks up - then he blames the technical resources 🙄. Of course it wouldn’t be anything to do with him leaping out of his seat and pulling the connection out of its socket - oh no🤫. Sorry MH, but it’s happened before, a few times. You need a longer chord.

Picture the scene. You are in the Royal Albert Hall, about to see a concert by HM Royal Marines Band, which starts at 2pm. You sneak a look at your phone and see a very attacking line up has been named. You take a look during the interval and see we are 1-0 up. You take another look at half time in the match and it's still 1-0. If we can hold on to that, I'll be really happy but even if it ends 1-1, I'll be OK wirth that.

Then Mrs Pompey announces 'Thou shall not look at thy phone again until the concert has finished' OK, fair enough.

As the last notes of the encore fade to an echo, the phone comes out, the screen is refreshed and Blooy Hell, 5-1!!. I nearly fell off the balcony. While all around are comparing notes and saying what an excellent concert it had been, all I could say way was, Bloody Hell, we've beaten Barnsley 5-1, over and over again!

I was looking forward to watching the whole match replay but have now realised it's a Hortin-Gordon (shit)show, so I'll have to hope there's a no commentary option

What a day, what a score, what a team and club we have - UTI
You get what you deserve really. Albert Hall theatrical pomposity or blood and guts City away day on a Saturday afternoon. It should be a no brainier.

The talk on the way to Barnsley was that everyone would snap your hand off for a point but realistically most people were thinking it was going to be a very difficult day and that more than likely we would come away from Oakwell with nothing.

It started like that aswell. We didn't get a touch of the ball for the first minute or two and Barnsley looked slick and smart in their play.

Gradually though we got a foothold in the game, had some decent possession especially down the left and we in no way were being dominated by them although they were pretty dangerous down their right and were getting some decent balls in the box without actually causing Jensen to be making many saves.

It was no way in the script that we would get the first goal, and what a goal that was. The vision and the ball from Mandroiu, the first time ball from Sorenson, perfectly into Taylors path who swept the ball home, it went from halfway inside our own half to in the back of their net within 10 seconds.

Nobody though could of predicted what we witnessed in the second half of that game though.

I've never seen a game with 5 goals of such quality. As the goals reigned in nobody could believe what was happening. It wasn't just the goals it was the quality of our play and the quality of our goals that we scored.

You saw in that performance the type of team that we want to become and are becoming.

One of the all time great away days that will, I'm sure, will live long in our memories.

A rare treat !
homehgawayagcompgateawayfansmatchdate
HULL TOWN1LINCOLN5FA 101/11/1884
HARTLEPOOL1LINCOLN53Nth2,69412/01/1935
BRADFORD PA1LINCOLN5Div 42,25927/04/1968
BRADFORD CITY1LINCOLN5Div 44,01931/03/1976
DONCASTER1LINCOLN5Div 41,99930/11/1991
CHESTERFIELD1LINCOLN5Div 42,74818/04/1992
HYDE1LINCOLN5BS PL1,39097720/04/2013
CAMBRIDGE1LINCOLN5Lg 15,8331,12411/09/2021
BARNSLEY1LINCOLN5Lg 114,1581,96509/03/2024
I was one of the 977 that saw us confirm safety from relegation at Hyde.