The MOVIE thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The MOVIE thread

Whatever's become of the action film hero movies of old. Used to have the likes of Sly & Arnie romping it up on the big screens. Where are all the modern day movie action heroes?
It's all comic super heroes nowadays SP, not really in to them myself. I don't get many opportunities to watch movies now, there is always sport of some kind to watch in preference.

What We Did On Our Holiday’ is a wonderfully funny movie with a great cast and clever script. It stars Rosamund Pike, Billy Connolly, and three brilliant children. Other cast members perfectly add to the humour. I felt like a laugh and so watched it (again) today. So good!

PY …. I think Mrs PY would love it, mate!
Thanks Geof, Mrs PY is going to watch it when I find it for her, thanks again.

Haha Yes! forgot about him.

What about Tom Hardy or Ray Winstone, street tuffs lol!
He's gone the superhero route or arch villain to be precise.

He's a strong character who is instantly believable in a hard man role. His overriding problem is he lacks charisma. A good actor he may be but an action hero he ain't.

He's gone the superhero route or arch villain to be precise.

He's a strong character who is instantly believable in a hard man role. His overriding problem is he lacks charisma. A good actor he may be but an action hero he ain't.
Oh so true there Steve.

Mrs PY loves Tom Hardy, he is a Dog rescuer/lover, well that is what she tells me lol!
Though I do know! she has a thing for Ray Winston, lol!
Mind she also say's "why do I need an action man? I married one" lol!

Oh so true there Steve.

Mrs PY loves Tom Hardy, he is a Dog rescuer/lover, well that is what she tells me lol!
Yeah he's a top geezer. He's well known for his work with dogs. Can't be all bad if you care about the welfare of dumb animals.

Oh so true there Steve.

Self praise is no praise ...maybe you are a cross between him and Ken

Watched Ferrari.
Dull as dishwasher.
I am a huge Michael Mann fan. But this was just dull and boring.
Great cast. Beautifully directed. Just paper thin.

The crash was horrific to see. Be warned.