Transfers - Summer 2024 | Page 10 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2024

I agree, Eze is a talent. I’m just not sure that the outlay would be worth it. He blows too hot & cold for my liking & for the £50/60m he’d cost, that’s a huge outlay.
He does have a skill set that we lack currently though although perhaps we will next season with Bergvall.

He has silky feet, glides past players, can create and score.

He plays the game very much like Phil Foden (not as good, granted but similar in style)

His injury record isn’t as bad as some might think either. He’s played 30+ games a season for Palace in his 3.5 years there.

The fact that he can play out wide on either flank or as an 8/10 would make him very good squad addition.

As you quite rightly point out though. He won’t come cheap.

He does have a skill set that we lack currently though although perhaps we will next season with Bergvall.

He has silky feet, glides past players, can create and score.

He plays the game very much like Phil Foden (not as good, granted but similar in style)

His injury record isn’t as bad as some might think either. He’s played 30+ games a season for Palace in his 3.5 years there.

The fact that he can play out wide on either flank or as an 8/10 would make him very good squad addition.

As you quite rightly point out though. He won’t come cheap.

Yeah, Eze will have the homegrown levy as well.

I'm hoping we've now passed that phase that we buy just good players like Eze. I'd love us to make a statement signing like Kvaratskhelia. We can obviously still keep signing up the kids at the age of Bergval, Veliz and Phillips but I'm feeling we need to find the elite level as well. I'm not sure whether Kvaratskhelia is the right one, but that type of player. They're still under 25, and fit the transfer strategy.

Lots of reports saying we are scouting Morten Hjulmand at Sporting but a photo has emerged showing that he has a tattoo of the gooners crest on his upper left arm. Apparently his dad was a gooner fan and he idolised Viera as a young kid.

I agree, Eze is a talent. I’m just not sure that the outlay would be worth it. He blows too hot & cold for my liking & for the £50/60m he’d cost, that’s a huge outlay.

Part of his trouble (blowing hot and cold which I agree with) is the players and tactics around him, it kills his game at Palace when they play off the back foot - which they do too much and look like they'll stick with.

Put him in a front foot mobile team with attacking intent and he'll come alive and lift his game two levels.

He'd be a fantastic addition to our squad, Maddison will continue to get kicked to smithereens, and we need someone of his potential quality - £50 mill for him is almost peanuts these days!

Is it true , I’ve just heard that Ndombele and Zaha play in the same team ?

If so , I bet they get on well .

I can’t stand either of them , so haven’t tracked where they both play now .
But if they have both ended up together , they must be a joy to behold .

Is it true , I’ve just heard that Ndombele and Zaha play in the same team ?

If so , I bet they get on well .

I can’t stand either of them , so haven’t tracked where they both play now .
But if they have both ended up together , they must be a joy to behold .
I think they are both at the same club Walt but saying they play together is stretching it a bit with the amount of playing time Ndombele gets! :LOL:

Yeah, Eze will have the homegrown levy as well.

I'm hoping we've now passed that phase that we buy just good players like Eze. I'd love us to make a statement signing like Kvaratskhelia. We can obviously still keep signing up the kids at the age of Bergval, Veliz and Phillips but I'm feeling we need to find the elite level as well. I'm not sure whether Kvaratskhelia is the right one, but that type of player. They're still under 25, and fit the transfer strategy.
Trouble is we are not very good at statement signings. Ndombelly, soldado, rebrov.....the list goes on. I like our stategy now. We shouldnt sign anyone who needs to be enticed over and above to get them to come to Spurs. For example the Maddison deal just suited everyone. He wanted to come, he was good value and he has been a good signing.

Trouble is we are not very good at statement signings. Ndombelly, soldado, rebrov.....the list goes on. I like our stategy now. We shouldnt sign anyone who needs to be enticed over and above to get them to come to Spurs. For example the Maddison deal just suited everyone. He wanted to come, he was good value and he has been a good signing.

lol - I hope we're past that phase as well. Perhaps we can become good at statement signings.

Either way, I don't want us to be signing older players.

Looking at the Villa financial results, there could be an interesting period coming up. Hammers sold Rice, Villa sold Grealish, Brighton sold 3 or 4. Before that, Leicester lost their best for years. It's clear some steady PL clubs will be selling clubs.

We're one of only a few clubs that might be able to get the best of the rest in the PL because of our financial muscle. Branthwaite, Ramsey, Ferguson etc won't be cheap but we could be in the race for them. We wouldn't have been before.

I think Soldado was good just not the right signing at the right time.

lol - I hope we're past that phase as well. Perhaps we can become good at statement signings.

Either way, I don't want us to be signing older players.

Looking at the Villa financial results, there could be an interesting period coming up. Hammers sold Rice, Villa sold Grealish, Brighton sold 3 or 4. Before that, Leicester lost their best for years. It's clear some steady PL clubs will be selling clubs.

We're one of only a few clubs that might be able to get the best of the rest in the PL because of our financial muscle. Branthwaite, Ramsey, Ferguson etc won't be cheap but we could be in the race for them. We wouldn't have been before.

Until we offload a bunch of deadwood....

I think they are both at the same club Walt but saying they play together is stretching it a bit with the amount of playing time Ndombele gets! :LOL:
yeah , silly me . I suppose the merry go round with him will continue until again this summer .
I would love to be a fly on the wall if Ange ever spoke to him .

Saying that , it would be very interesting if Mutters ever got back into the weekly meetings , like he used to .
I think every single person has changed in those meetings . , since his last report .
Maybe Mason would still be there .

I wonder how many managers Mason and Chris Hughton have assisted in their time .

But I’m off thread again .