Forest v Liverpool Match thread sponsored by Smokey Robinson 😂 | Page 13 | Vital Football

Forest v Liverpool Match thread sponsored by Smokey Robinson 😂

I wonder if the ref got confused.

When he blew, CHO stopped and then Diaz grabbed the ball and threw it back into the penalty area.

On the restart, he saw one of the match balls in the area and guessed Liverpool had possession.

If so, I’m utterly and irrefutably raging at CHO.
Why did he allow Diaz to do what he wanted…standing there like a little baby, sucking his thumb.

Sack the players, I say.
Take them off there pedal stools.

He's meant to be an elite, professional premier league referee and he has VAR and assistants miked up to him. It's not a hard rule to remember or follow. He even had Morgan Gibbs-White telling him he was wrong, but the prick is so arrogant he dismissed him. You can see Morgan with head in hands in disbelief.

You cannot blame our players for failing to anticipate an experienced top level referee simply not following the rules of the game, nor expect our players to do their job for them as with Toney.

Much made of our players not pointing out what Toney did, but we've all seen the arrogance of these referees- he would have just ignored them as he ignored MGW yesterday

The ref got confused? The ref was confused when Toney moved the ball a foot to his right then moved the foam two feet to right. The ref was confused when he allowed Varane, in an off side position to block Felipe run. Ref was confused when a Bournemouth player late tackled Boly and stood on his foot after Boly had cleared the ball. So confused he gave the foul against Boly and carded him. A lot of confusion.
Did you know, the UK ranks 5th for European countries and 74th globally for annual precipitation at 1,220mm p.a.

Interestingly, we're sandwiched between South Korea at 1,274 and Rwanda with 1,212 mms a year.

Egypt are last in the Wikilist with a parchy 18(!) mm of the watery stuff a year.
Guess, it, genuinely never rains and never pours in De Nile.

I think there should be a new rule that where there is a goal within 90 seconds of a serious error in the game and this is discovered after the event then the goal should be chalked off . If this results in a different result, the team who has suffered adversely has 24 hours to decide whether to replay the game or take the new result. Too much is at stake for people just to accept shit refereeing performance.

He's meant to be an elite, professional premier league referee and he has VAR and assistants miked up to him. It's not a hard rule to remember or follow. He even had Morgan Gibbs-White telling him he was wrong, but the prick is so arrogant he dismissed him. You can see Morgan with head in hands in disbelief.

You cannot blame our players for failing to anticipate an experienced top level referee simply not following the rules of the game, nor expect our players to do their job for them as with Toney.

Much made of our players not pointing out what Toney did, but we've all seen the arrogance of these referees- he would have just ignored them as he ignored MGW yesterday
Hmm, yes....strokes chin.

"Players have never been known to say one thing to gain an advantage for their side" thought the elite referee.

Also, VAR are not permitted to intervene. Bonkers! I know...

Anyways, it is what it is.
We're Nottingham Forest, we have the shit refs (and no other side have ever had a shocker of a officials decision made "against" them...LOL)

SA

I said similar. It's a piss take.

unfortunately I also agree with southern red- plenty we could do to help ourselves.

We can't win a game if we don't score a goal.

Imo it's important we rally round. we know this team can stay up. many are young and it shows. let's try to not get too frustrated with them and instead let's just encourage them. they constrained the league leaders for almost the whole match and created chances to win. I'm still convinced we have a team that could go places (like mid table).

all the nuno Cooper chat is too early imo and probably not a fair one in any case since the circumstances are different.

We’ve scored goals in every premier league match since nuno has taken over apart from yesterday !

Our problem is keeping them out at the other end plus the wanky referees and VAR bollocks. It’s killing us.

Don't often post on game content because I don't go. The league is bent though isn't it? Clear as day. Referees not giving/ giving penalties etc, players messing up etc is all part and parcel of the game, but that decision yesterday though was something else, something entered that referees head and made him decide to stop the game and wrongly give Liverpool a massive advantage, not one of the split second decisions that they have to make, no, plenty of time to consider and he comes up with that.

Don't often post on game content because I don't go. The league is bent though isn't it? Clear as day. Referees not giving/ giving penalties etc, players messing up etc is all part and parcel of the game, but that decision yesterday though was something else, something entered that referees head and made him decide to stop the game and wrongly give Liverpool a massive advantage, not one of the split second decisions that they have to make, no, plenty of time to consider and he comes up with that.
I knew Tierney was bent in the first half when they two footed Gibbs-White and it wasn't even given as a foul

I knew Tierney was bent in the first half when they two footed Gibbs-White and it wasn't even given as a foul

I'd like to see it again as I thought it may have been an OK challenge, but I have no doubt in my mind that if the challenge were the other way round, MGW would have been red carded.

Robertson I thought was lucky to only get a yellow as well with his challenge on Williams. Klopp literally subbed him off there and then maybe incase VAR was looking at it.

The ball had gone and he just jumped in on him leading with his elbow

So if we are saying that the league is bent, the next question is why? My own take on is that since the proposed super league reared its head, the Premier League have taken upon itself to appease the clubs involved so as to ensure ( as far as they can of course) that it doesn't happen.

I'm wondering whether the presence of clatenburg is earning its salt here. Almost seems like media on a charm offensive to not be called out as incorrect by him.

It's a good start, but if things don't change next fame then I think EM needs to find a more 'robust' solution for the refs and PGMOL.

So if we are saying that the league is bent, the next question is why? My own take on is that since the proposed super league reared its head, the Premier League have taken upon itself to appease the clubs involved so as to ensure ( as far as they can of course) that it doesn't happen.
I think that like Wrestling, there are are certain storylines that they want to promote.

I'm not saying that games are rigged per se, I don't think that's possible. But certain levers are pulled to influence things in certain directions.

We weren't getting any decisions against Newcastle in a game that they needed to win to get back into some contention- a popular club and good for the league. What a surprise. Against West Ham as well.

Brentford is just an error, cheating. Bournemouth? Who knows.

But it's really clear that last season, we got a lot more of our share of the decisions when we were a story. Now Luton are getting some absolutely mindboggling decisions.

At the same time, the PL are determined to fix the table to relegate us in their favour now we are no longer a story. Maybe they don't like our owner, I don't know. But having presumably told us all summer we were fine selling Johnson later, they have then gone back on that

For what it's worth, I think they've had the same thing with Wolves but they have managed too many points for it to be an issue

Agree with Popes comments above. It's not staged or scripted like wrestling, but there are certain romances in sport. The neutral is rooting for lil' old Luton to pull off a miracle. Liverpool winning games keeps the title race exciting and makes Man City chase them down.

It keeps viewers watching and keeps the neutral interested. The powers that be know what keeps the league entertaining to fans. They aren't rigging games, but at this point I absolutely believe there is a subtle hand tilting results in favourable directions. Whether that is subconscious bias by the refs & VAR, or something more explicit I have no idea.