Forest v Liverpool Match thread sponsored by Smokey Robinson 😂 | Page 12 | Vital Football

Forest v Liverpool Match thread sponsored by Smokey Robinson 😂

We are playing the same style of football though.
We are more successful at it imo under Nuno. We manage to convert more turnovers into attacks which is what we should be doing.
Fundamentally though, we are a counter attacking team, same as we always were.
its only natural they are more in tune after 20 games together than 2 or 3 tho, irrespective of who the manager is.

Agree with all of this - so many of our issues are so fixable if we woke up a bit. So much of it is training ground basics that we just don’t do.
thought our work off the ball was good. In fact I thought Yates had one of his best games after a ropey frst 5.

We’re a far better team under nuno what are you on about ,??

The reason we don’t have the points is because of

1. Referees and VAR ( again like today )
2. Matt turner
3. Giving away stupid goals from set pieces
4. And not finishing our chances( like today)

We aren’t getting the points our performances deserve, but to sit there and say “ we’re playing the same style of football “ is frankly absolute and utter bollocks.

And the fact that “ Smokey “ liked your post confirms just that!
smoking weed is sooo much better than smoking crack bud

I agree we look better going forward and it's nice to see us having more possession in games. But for all the reasons mentioned in my last post, I just do not see us starting to consistently win games and pull away from relegation.

I was under the impression that Nuno was a manager who makes teams tight defensively and tough to beat but so far he's failing in that.

Obviously hope I'm wrong as there are certainly positive signs.
i don’t know, two of the last three games we have defended solidly and today it was a pretty faultless performance from the defence ( the defensive error came from 2 forwards)

it’s far better to watch than under coops?

i think it will take just two or three wins to move into a place of relative safety and i’m still convinced that is going to happen sooner rather than later. i’m seeing concrete improvements.

I don’t think it’s a matter of Nuno taking us down: for me it’s can he keep us up? It’s how much he can get out of this (talented but inconsistent) squad of players?

he’s got us playing quality, exciting football. how do you prevent players making the kind of repeated errors of switching off and / or making poor decisions?

i think he has us making more good decisions i think making minimal poor decisions is harder to coach.

I do believe we are getting close though.

i don’t know, two of the last three games we have defended solidly and today it was a pretty faultless performance from the defence ( the defensive error came from 2 forwards)

it’s far better to watch than under coops?

i think it will take just two or three wins to move into a place of relative safety and i’m still convinced that is going to happen sooner rather than later. i’m seeing concrete improvements.

I don’t think it’s a matter of Nuno taking us down: for me it’s can he keep us up? It’s how much he can get out of this (talented but inconsistent) squad of players?

he’s got us playing quality, exciting football. how do you prevent players making the kind of repeated errors of switching off and / or making poor decisions?

i think he has us making more good decisions i think making minimal poor decisions is harder to coach.

I do believe we are getting close though.
We weren't quality or exciting today.

We were actually pretty poor for most of this game and were fortunate that Liverpool were too. Not a patch on some of the other performances

I find the praise for Nuno to be a bit exaggerated - for me we’re playing the same style of football, the games are following the same pattern, and we’re getting the same results. There’s an argument that Nuno had a honeymoon period and we’ve reverted to type, with 4 points from 7 matches in 2024. He has 10 points from 10 overall, compared to 14 from 17 for Cooper. Not exactly a huge upgrade.

I think some were so desperate to see the back of Cooper that they're now exaggerating the marginal improvements under Nuno.

We do look better going forward and we do seem to have a bit more possession these days but we're still a team that makes basic errors and gifts goals to the opposition. Teams know they will always have chances against us.

We've been hearing for weeks now 'Don't worry, we're playing much better and we'll be fine' but we're still losing regularly and there have been plenty of teams over the years who have gone down 'playing well'.

Some huge games coming up in the next few weeks - let's hope Nuno can start proving these people right.

EM and Simon Reid angry after final whistle. Clattenburg explanatory. Have to channel that anger, backs to wall, everyone against us mentality in next three games. Turn all these hard luck stories into battling mentality. Swamp Brighton, match Luton, strangle Palace. We are Forest. COYR.

I wonder if the ref got confused.

When he blew, CHO stopped and then Diaz grabbed the ball and threw it back into the penalty area.

On the restart, he saw one of the match balls in the area and guessed Liverpool had possession.

If so, I’m utterly and irrefutably raging at CHO.
Why did he allow Diaz to do what he wanted…standing there like a little baby, sucking his thumb.

Sack the players, I say.
Take them off there pedal stools.

When he blew, CHO stopped and then Diaz grabbed the ball and threw it back into the penalty area.

On the restart, he saw one of the match balls in the area and guessed Liverpool had possession.

Why did he allow Diaz to do what he wanted…standing there like a little baby, sucking his thumb.

Sack the players, I say.

I think it's a bit harsh to make CHO an escape goat for this as he's not in the same kind of pre-Madonna environment that he was at with Chelsea.

The ref got confused? The ref was confused when Toney moved the ball a foot to his right then moved the foam two feet to right. The ref was confused when he allowed Varane, in an off side position to block Felipe run. Ref was confused when a Bournemouth player late tackled Boly and stood on his foot after Boly had cleared the ball. So confused he gave the foul against Boly and carded him. A lot of confusion.

We are a far more attacking threat under nuno. I don’t know what some of you are watching but ok 👍 yesterday was the first league match where we haven’t scored.
He’s only been in charge for 10 games and we’ve scored 17 goals.

I’ve outlined our problems , we are capable of pushing any team in this league, it’s just like the gods are against us in terms of referees, VAR , And silly defensive mistakes.

The ref got confused? The ref was confused when Toney moved the ball a foot to his right then moved the foam two feet to right. The ref was confused when he allowed Varane, in an off side position to block Felipe run. Ref was confused when a Bournemouth player late tackled Boly and stood on his foot after Boly had cleared the ball. So confused he gave the foul against Boly and carded him. A lot of confusion.
We've seen Forest play in three different divisions in the last 15 years or so and nowhere has the officiating been worse than the premier league.

You have arrogant arseholes making up rules as they go along

It was also a poor show from Nuno to walk away from Colin Fray and cut his post-match interview short after 90 seconds without explanation.

He may have been angry and didn't want to say anything that might get him in trouble but fans generally want to hear what the manager has got to say after the match.

The bollocks refereeing is actually sending my head for a spin.

Surely it either can't keep happening, or I'm just exaggerating how much it is changing our results because I'm biased, but it seems like every other game is decided by a refereeing fuck up and they are ALL against us. Maybe that's cos we lose so many games though.

I said similar. It's a piss take.

unfortunately I also agree with southern red- plenty we could do to help ourselves.

We can't win a game if we don't score a goal.

Imo it's important we rally round. we know this team can stay up. many are young and it shows. let's try to not get too frustrated with them and instead let's just encourage them. they constrained the league leaders for almost the whole match and created chances to win. I'm still convinced we have a team that could go places (like mid table).

all the nuno Cooper chat is too early imo and probably not a fair one in any case since the circumstances are different.

Sack the players, I say.

It's a bit like the Toney free kick- players do need to speak up but difficult when u know u r likely to get booked.