Forest v Liverpool Match thread sponsored by Smokey Robinson 😂 | Page 11 | Vital Football

Forest v Liverpool Match thread sponsored by Smokey Robinson 😂

Liverpool top, Man Utd 6th, Villa 4th Newcastle, these are all tough games and we were a bit unlucky to get nothing from them. A run of games which are more likely to bring rewards are next. Brighton are not playing well. Luton, Palace etc are likely to give more reward. We are playing much better. Just need a bit of luck either with the ball or other some decisions. Another njoyabke game even if the result wasn’t.

should say well done murillo in dealing with the pitch invader. part of me thinks he should have just let him go and smack the ref but prevented what could have been a nasty situation.

Liverpool top, Man Utd 6th, Villa 4th Newcastle, these are all tough games and we were a bit unlucky to get nothing from them. A run of games which are more likely to bring rewards are next. Brighton are not playing well. Luton, Palace etc are likely to give more reward. We are playing much better. Just need a bit of luck either with the ball or other some decisions. Another njoyabke game even if the result wasn’t.

Don't forget we had to do that without some of our first team players too.

Liverpool fans on social media having a go at Forest for "poverty chanting". Utterly predictable.

Forgetting it was their fans that invaded the pitch

I think we are playing a lot better WITH the ball since Nuno came in. Our passing generally seems better, and we have created more. Our finishing is terrible though. We have run Man Utd and Liverpool pretty close, but now we need to make sure we don't save our best performances for narrow losses against top teams. With games against Brighton, Luton, Palace, Fulham Wolves and Everton coming up, we need to start to get a few wins, and certainly can't afford to give three points to Luton, Palace, or Everton.

We defended pretty well today, but we are generally guilty of giving away some pretty sloppy goals too.

Polly, I will change "we were a bit unlucky" with "we were robbed"!

I find the praise for Nuno to be a bit exaggerated - for me we’re playing the same style of football, the games are following the same pattern, and we’re getting the same results. There’s an argument that Nuno had a honeymoon period and we’ve reverted to type, with 4 points from 7 matches in 2024. He has 10 points from 10 overall, compared to 14 from 17 for Cooper. Not exactly a huge upgrade.

Having had a few drinks to chill and rewatched highlights…a few things I don’t understand about us

Reyna would be a real addition but gets little time?

Our work off the ball isn’t close to enough..when we beat Villa, it was near perfect and we pressed everything. Now we ball watch and leave players unmarked alot

Our finishing is utter fucking dog shit..elanga through the middle..keeper comes out, you have to be lifting that or move the keeper to create the angle.you don’t hit at him!

Free kicks/corners are still pony

A lot of these issues are on us..we need to tighten up and work harder, we can’t be out worked so easily.

Ref was shit and made a howler..nothing will happen about it..they will protect their own as always

I find the praise for Nuno to be a bit exaggerated - for me we’re playing the same style of football, the games are following the same pattern, and we’re getting the same results. There’s an argument that Nuno had a honeymoon period and we’ve reverted to type, with 4 points from 7 matches in 2024. He has 10 points from 10 overall, compared to 14 from 17 for Cooper. Not exactly a huge upgrade.

We’re a far better team under nuno what are you on about ,??

The reason we don’t have the points is because of

1. Referees and VAR ( again like today )
2. Matt turner
3. Giving away stupid goals from set pieces
4. And not finishing our chances( like today)

We aren’t getting the points our performances deserve, but to sit there and say “ we’re playing the same style of football “ is frankly absolute and utter bollocks.

And the fact that “ Smokey “ liked your post confirms just that!

We’re a far better team under nuno what are you on about ,??

The reason we don’t have the points is because of

1. Referees and VAR ( again like today )
2. Matt turner
3. Giving away stupid goals from set pieces
4. And not finishing our chances( like today)

We aren’t getting the points our performances deserve, but to sit there and say “ we’re playing the same style of football “ is frankly absolute and utter bollocks.

And the fact that “ Smokey “ liked your post confirms just that!
We are playing the same style of football though.
We are more successful at it imo under Nuno. We manage to convert more turnovers into attacks which is what we should be doing.
Fundamentally though, we are a counter attacking team, same as we always were.

The bollocks refereeing is actually sending my head for a spin.

Surely it either can't keep happening, or I'm just exaggerating how much it is changing our results because I'm biased, but it seems like every other game is decided by a refereeing fuck up and they are ALL against us. Maybe that's cos we lose so many games though.

We are playing the same style of football though.
We are more successful at it imo under Nuno. We manage to convert more turnovers into attacks which is what we should be doing.
Fundamentally though, we are a counter attacking team, same as we always were.

No we’re not playing the same cowardly low block, hardly any possession, hardly any chances , boring turgid football that we used to play under cooper at all . I’ve no idea what it is you’re watching.

I said it was a sideways move, not cos I dont like Nuno, more that its been the immature squad overall thats the issue. V pool we must have had 7 starters 23 or under? and 3 of the older guys being seis, toffs and origi. Previously it was kouyate and Boli in there I guess. I mean come on, it even sounds silly don't it?All comes down to recruitment imo

No we’re not playing the same cowardly low block, hardly any possession, hardly any chances , boring turgid football that we used to play under cooper at all . I’ve no idea what it is you’re watching.
hes playing the same s coops did those first 8 games or so and losing, the same as cooper did.. tho actually coops prob scaped a few more draws and clean sheets amongst it Plus coops had the new players from day one before many hadd even played a Premiership game. I certainly hope he's got a miraclle up his sleeve too. t least with Coops he proved he could keep us up when it got tough. Maybe we wil get him back last 7 games?

Having had a few drinks to chill and rewatched highlights…a few things I don’t understand about us

Reyna would be a real addition but gets little time?

Our work off the ball isn’t close to enough..when we beat Villa, it was near perfect and we pressed everything. Now we ball watch and leave players unmarked alot

Our finishing is utter fucking dog shit..elanga through the middle..keeper comes out, you have to be lifting that or move the keeper to create the angle.you don’t hit at him!

Free kicks/corners are still pony

A lot of these issues are on us..we need to tighten up and work harder, we can’t be out worked so easily.

Ref was shit and made a howler..nothing will happen about it..they will protect their own as always

Agree with all of this - so many of our issues are so fixable if we woke up a bit. So much of it is training ground basics that we just don’t do.