The Moussa Diaby Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Moussa Diaby Thread

As disappointing as Mousa has been in the last few months you only have to look at Bailey to see his Villa career is far from over.

Unless he starts agitating for a move I think we need to keep him as he's undoubtedly one of our best players when he's on it. I'm hoping he'll have a huge season next year.
I have absolute confidence it won’t take him two seasons like it has Leon. This isn’t an excuse but Unai has completely changed the system from the start of the season as well.

It gets brought up quite a bit but Leon and Moussa are not the same type of player. Moussa doesn’t have Baileys quality in terms of taking players on in tight spaces. I think Bailey is more of a creator while Diaby is a finisher. They can do both but their strengths are different.

What did he get today 2 mins ? Not good it's come to this with our record signing but we have to hold faith in Emery sorting it. We simply cannot write off £51m !! If we do have to do a big sale in the summer to help bridge any FFP matters I'd be looking at him that's if we could get anywhere near £50m back.

Don’t think we’re likely to ‘write off’ £51m for a player who’s been at the club for all of 26 premier league games. I’m sure Unai will indeed given time, get the best out of a very good player. He’s done exactly that with Bailey. Time and patience needed as was also the case with Bailey. Diaby’s only been here 5 minutes!

Don’t think we’re likely to ‘write off’ £51m for a player who’s been at the club for all of 26 premier league games. I’m sure Unai will indeed given time, get the best out of a very good player. He’s done exactly that with Bailey. Time and patience needed as was also the case with Bailey. Diaby’s only been here 5 minutes!
Yep time needed , just saying if we do have to do a big sale for FFP (as per the rumours) I'd have him in the equation to balance the books a bit .

As I said yesterday I do have faith in him becoming a big player for us, but yes if there needs to be a sale he's up there with Ramsey as the one who makes the most sense. Ramsey due to pure profit and Diaby due to Saudi interest (I'm sure the club who wanted him last summer would still be interested and we know the Saudis pay more than anyone else).

I'm still hopeful champions league qualification will mean no big sales though.

I'm delighted that the club isn't employing people on here who think we should be selling Ramsay, absolute madness.
Nobody thinks we should be selling Ramsey.

We're just debating a fantasy scenario where we have to sell a big player to balance the FFP books.

If we HAD to sell 1 who would you choose?

I think there's only Ollie, Luiz, Emi, Ramsey or Diaby who would draw big money and I've given my reasoning behind Ramsey (pure profit) and Diaby (Saudi money) which I think both make sense.

I wouldn't sell any of them for footballing reasons I I certainly didn't say we 'should' be selling Ramsey so no need to intimate that I did.

Ha ha.

Just because there is a weird dislike to try and prove the point there is a discussion about selling him. Don’t fall for it .

Errrr…. If we are sooooooo in the need to sell players for FPP then we have the World number 1 keeper and one of the best midfielders anywhere currently playing at the club. I’d respectfully suggest that we would raise the required funds from them …and some .

No ?

Me neither .

We're just debating a fantasy scenario where we have to sell a big player to balance the FFP books.

I think there's only Ollie, Luiz, Emi, Ramsey or Diaby who would draw big money and I've given my reasoning behind Ramsey (pure profit) and Diaby (Saudi money) which I think both make sense.

I wouldn't sell any of them for footballing reasons I I certainly didn't say we 'should' be selling Ramsey so no need to intimate that I did.
Cash and Digne may well bring in enough to sort FFP.

Unai has said the club would do what’s necessary to stay within the rules. Given that he thinks enough of Jacob to play him every week now he’s fit it’s unlikely to be him. Moussa looks a tremendous player to me but he can’t be that happy with his game time. Yesterday was an opportunity to rest Jacob and play Moussa yet Unai didn’t do it. We do know that Unai is ruthless in building what he wants, Ings, Dendocker, the youngsters going, and if he thinks he wants a different type of player in Moussa’s cost bracket he may well sell. It’s a win/win for us. If we keep Moussa great, if Unai is planning an upgrade to the team that means we need to sell him, great too.

Pay is worth big money, but I’m not selling him. Depends how much we really need, but I’d suggest getting some players off the wage book and maybe selling Digne for £20m would probably make us right.

Remember we have to sell Archer again and maybe JPB as well 🤣

There is no way I would be selling Digne.

CL football will sort out any financial issues.

There is no way I would be selling Digne.

CL football will sort out any financial issues.
Depends if we’re bringing in that kid from Italy or the Argie from Spain. Who knows what will go on in the summer, probably go all out for two or three more quality players if we make top 4. All of this is total speculation and probably way off the mark, but Unai plays Moreno whenever he can and Lucas nearly left last summer.

What a cross. To spot the run is good but to ping it so perfectly that Digne didn't have to break his stride is something else. The quality is there. The consistency will come and when it does we'll have a hell of a player.

What a cross. To spot the run is good but to ping it so perfectly that Digne didn't have to break his stride is something else. The quality is there. The consistency will come and when it does we'll have a hell of a player.
His goal and assist stats are decent - not far behind Bailey - this bedding in season hasn’t been a disaster, in fact it’s been quite fruitful