Forest v Wham | Page 19 | Vital Football

Forest v Wham

Origi needs time

Did you see the little flick he did in right midfield mid way through the second half? His one touch literally wiped out most of the West Ham team. We didn't score but we should have.

And then that little flick to put Williams in?

We need more from him but that will come with time. He's already shown signs of being able to do stuff no one else in the side can
Yes that was Origi’s best shift for us he did show some class touches which is important because almost certainly we are going to need him at some point before the end of the season

Origi needs time

Did you see the little flick he did in right midfield mid way through the second half? His one touch literally wiped out most of the West Ham team. We didn't score but we should have.

And then that little flick to put Williams in?

We need more from him but that will come with time. He's already shown signs of being able to do stuff no one else in the side can
Never said he didn’t have ability, just that I don’t rate him. There’s a good reason he never graduated for super-sub and I am yet to see anything that changes my mind. My guess is that he will end up back in Milan before he does.

NFFC have 6 EPL wins this season.

NES has won 3 of those in his 8 games in charge.

Forest have played 25 games this season.

Can never be sure because of Blackholds wind ups but I'm pretty sure he is highlighting NES's much better record than Cooper's and rightly so.

The difference is like night and day.....

We actually look a decent team and getting better.

The way we’re playing now cannot be understated. I absolutely hated the cowardly football we played under cooper and eventually the players got sick of it too.

Even in the games we’ve lost under Nuno we’ve been really good - just stupid mistakes , VAR, and Matt turner , all conspired to Rob us.

Not once did I think “ yeah we deserved to lose “ apart from the arsenal game when we played like 90% of coopers prem games.

Brentford away didn’t deserve to lose
Newcastle home didn’t deserve to lose
Bournemouth home didn’t deserve to lose

We are an excellent and exciting team to watch now - more possssion, pressing, it’s a joy to watch.

Even coopers biggest cult boys surely have to admit this now.

If you could get rid of nuno today and have cooper back would you ?

We look like a proper team now .
I said the other day that someone had a real hiding coming, and that West Ham game should’ve been 4 or 5 Nil.

I’m praying we stay up and the poss points deduction doesn’t relegate us because I can see us really pushing on next season and being a force in this league. I honestly can.

Is Nuno getting his message across?

WHU provided a more settled team, shape and system. Was it coincidence that several players are steadily improving and many had their best game in Forest shirt.

Sels had little to do, difficult to judge.

Murillo is a Rolls Royce with another great performance and perhaps is assisted with Felipe alongside.

Both fullbacks had best games in Forest shirt. Safe at back and dangerous going forward. Williams MoM

Midfield solid. CHO improves with very start. Elanga best since return from injury. End product was only issue but …..

Origi should some nice moves and has moved up a notch.

The team looks more dangerous under Nuno and is in possession for longer and makes chances. Leaky at back but this has been individual mistakes or external circumstances. Defence gave nothing away on Saturday. Much improved.

Consistency needs to be added to list then we are motoring.

The way we’re playing now cannot be understated. I absolutely hated the cowardly football we played under cooper and eventually the players got sick of it too.

Even in the games we’ve lost under Nuno we’ve been really good - just stupid mistakes , VAR, and Matt turner , all conspired to Rob us.

Not once did I think “ yeah we deserved to lose “ apart from the arsenal game when we played like 90% of coopers prem games.

We are an excellent and exciting team to watch now - more possssion, pressing, it’s a joy to watch.

I said the other day that someone had a real hiding coming, and that West Ham game should’ve been 4 or 5 Nil.

I’m praying we stay up and the poss points deduction doesn’t relegate us because I can see us really pushing on next season and being a force in this league. I honestly can.
Agree.

I think we are at a huge crossroads that can go two ways

Like you I'm encouraged by the way we've played (especially the last 2 games against Newcastle and West Ham). We've looked Premier League quality

If we can keep up the quality going forward AND tighten up at the back we should accumulate enough points to handle upto a 10 points deduction and stay up

(I say tighten up at the back because we saw even playing well at home we could concede 3 against Newcastle. And I think West Ham we played at the right time)

So it's in our hands to stay up and if we do I agree we have something really good to build on

If we go down sadly the squad will be decimated and we have to start again

If we are as good as we both hope we are then we shouldn't be getting relegated from this situation now. In fact we should avoid relegation comfortably.

There's a danger that West Ham were so poor we think we are better than we are and we have solved all our defensive problems though.

Similar to how we found it so easy in the Newcastle away win.

It's not often the opposition play as badly as in those games

Next 3 games - although tough on paper. I don't fear the opposition, but if we give them enough chances to score they will likely take them and easily score 3 against us. Just like the version of Newcastle we played at home.

It's in our hands. Its promising. But if we go down from here. Then we (and Nuno) aren't as good as you think. And in fact it's just that the Premier League is tougher than you think to get good results consistently.

More often than not we face opposition capable of nullifying our threats and scoring several times against us. The opposition don't normally make it easy for us.

Ps I wouldn't swap Cooper back for Nuno as of now

Dont forget West Ham were poor (we were great) and we only won 2-0 with an injury time second goal.

So easy for that comfortable win to have been a draw with a bit of bad luck or a silly mistake

Winning games at this level is tough

If we get 6 points or more we’re relegated so don’t kid yourself.

We’ll be fighting with 4 teams for survival assuming Everton get more points deducted too, with Luton being several points ahead

Sels had little to do, difficult to judge.
Was it here (or another vile, vile forum) where the poster made the point that, yes, Sels had little to "do" against Wham.

But the stuff he did do, sweeping, clearances, positioning and generally just seeming to be confident in hisself transmitted forwards.

Our defence could step out, fullbacks could push on and our dyanmic midfield could move away from defence and support the attack.

If we get 6 points or more we’re relegated so don’t kid yourself.

We’ll be fighting with 4 teams for survival assuming Everton get more points deducted too, with Luton being several points ahead
Whether by accident or design, the stars will always align to keep Everton in this division. If it ends up being us Vs them, we'll need to remember our routes to Plymouth