Forest v Wham | Page 20 | Vital Football

Forest v Wham

I think we are at a huge crossroads that can go two ways

Like you I'm encouraged by the way we've played (especially the last 2 games against Newcastle and West Ham). We've looked Premier League quality

If we can keep up the quality going forward AND tighten up at the back we should accumulate enough points to handle upto a 10 points deduction and stay up

(I say tighten up at the back because we saw even playing well at home we could concede 3 against Newcastle. And I think West Ham we played at the right time)

So it's in our hands to stay up and if we do I agree we have something really good to build on

If we go down sadly the squad will be decimated and we have to start again

If we are as good as we both hope we are then we shouldn't be getting relegated from this situation now. In fact we should avoid relegation comfortably.

There's a danger that West Ham were so poor we think we are better than we are and we have solved all our defensive problems though.

Similar to how we found it so easy in the Newcastle away win.

It's not often the opposition play as badly as in those games

Next 3 games - although tough on paper. I don't fear the opposition, but if we give them enough chances to score they will likely take them and easily score 3 against us. Just like the version of Newcastle we played at home.

It's in our hands. Its promising. But if we go down from here. Then we (and Nuno) aren't as good as you think. And in fact it's just that the Premier League is tougher than you think to get good results consistently.

More often than not we face opposition capable of nullifying our threats and scoring several times against us. The opposition don't normally make it easy for us.

Ps I wouldn't swap Cooper back for Nuno as of now
Picking up on your point of relegation means the team will be decimated, though true 50% will remain with the ones that leave delivering a handsome financial return. Murillo, Elanga, Awoniyi MGW will not be cheap. We will also have parachute payments. We will be in a stronger position than when Cooper took over. Enjoy the ride.

Whether by accident or design, the stars will always align to keep Everton in this division. If it ends up being us Vs them, we'll need to remember our routes to Plymouth
I just hope that our KC and EM will go nuclear if we are deducted anything and make the PL and the IC lives living hell while we appeal, appeal the appeal and sue.

Unless we have committed more financial irregularities than are being reported and this is a case simply on the timing of Johnson’s sale to meet the threshold then we shouldn’t get any points deducted

I said at the beginning of this thread that if the allowed losses over a 3 year period is £105m then all Prem clubs should be working under that rule

Not equating 2 years at the EFL standard

I think we are at a huge crossroads that can go two ways

Like you I'm encouraged by the way we've played (especially the last 2 games against Newcastle and West Ham). We've looked Premier League quality

If we can keep up the quality going forward AND tighten up at the back we should accumulate enough points to handle upto a 10 points deduction and stay up

(I say tighten up at the back because we saw even playing well at home we could concede 3 against Newcastle. And I think West Ham we played at the right time)

So it's in our hands to stay up and if we do I agree we have something really good to build on

If we go down sadly the squad will be decimated and we have to start again

If we are as good as we both hope we are then we shouldn't be getting relegated from this situation now. In fact we should avoid relegation comfortably.

There's a danger that West Ham were so poor we think we are better than we are and we have solved all our defensive problems though.

Similar to how we found it so easy in the Newcastle away win.

It's not often the opposition play as badly as in those games

Next 3 games - although tough on paper. I don't fear the opposition, but if we give them enough chances to score they will likely take them and easily score 3 against us. Just like the version of Newcastle we played at home.

It's in our hands. Its promising. But if we go down from here. Then we (and Nuno) aren't as good as you think. And in fact it's just that the Premier League is tougher than you think to get good results consistently.

More often than not we face opposition capable of nullifying our threats and scoring several times against us. The opposition don't normally make it easy for us.

Ps I wouldn't swap Cooper back for Nuno as of now

Think that's where I'm at. We have the talent, now it's about mentality and focus.

We do seem more hungry in general and I am generally optimistic.

What I'm really hoping to see is continuing improvement as we finish the season off and signs that we really can kick on a bit.

We had a good weekend, another weekend like this one with a big win over man utd would really see us generate a bit of momentum.

It's all in our hands right now.

I just hope that our KC and EM will go nuclear if we are deducted anything and make the PL and the IC lives living hell while we appeal, appeal the appeal and sue.

Unless we have committed more financial irregularities than are being reported and this is a case simply on the timing of Johnson’s sale to meet the threshold then we shouldn’t get any points deducted

I said at the beginning of this thread that if the allowed losses over a 3 year period is £105m then all Prem clubs should be working under that rule

Not equating 2 years at the EFL standard

Nothing in his track record suggests EM will do anything other than fight and fight hard if he feels we aren't being treated fairly.

Think that's where I'm at. We have the talent, now it's about mentality and focus.

What I'm really hoping to see is continuing improvement as we finish the season off and signs that we really can kick on a bit.

We had a good weekend, another weekend like this one with a big win over man utd would really see us generate a bit of momentum.

erm who asked

Picking up on your point of relegation means the team will be decimated, though true 50% will remain with the ones that leave delivering a handsome financial return. Murillo, Elanga, Awoniyi MGW will not be cheap. We will also have parachute payments. We will be in a stronger position than when Cooper took over. Enjoy the ride.

Those players will be a hell of a lot cheaper with us in Championship than us in Premier League

Yes better position than compared to when Cooper took over

Awful position compared to avoiding relegation though

We've had the Championship ride for 20 plus years

We need to avoid it again at all costs

It's taken a lot of work just to get to where we think we are Premier League quality (potentially) we can't afford to go backwards again from here

We will certainly find out our about hunger and mentality when we face Luton, Sheff Utd, Everton and Burnley away

Our away fans support will help

Southampton got £53m+add-ons for Romeo Lavia having just been relegated. The discussion for Murillo and MGW shouldn’t even begin below £60m each, regardless of what division we’re in. Murillo in particular is going to be a star, Napoli made a huge mistake not paying £17m for him because he’s already getting up to the levels that Koulibaly and Kim Min-Jae were showing for them.

Those players will be a hell of a lot cheaper with us in Championship than us in Premier League

Sorry, to be clear here, are you saying that, in your opinion, its better for a football club to NOT be relegated than to be relegated?

If so, that's an excellent point.

We've had the Championship ride for 20 plus years

We need to avoid it again at all costs

It's taken a lot of work just to get to where we think we are Premier League quality (potentially) we can't afford to go backwards again from here

Cheaper, yes, but not "a hell of a lot"

Murillo
Elanga
Awoniyi
MGW
CHO
Danillo
Williams
Sangare
Domiguez

Would all potentially want out if relegated, How much would a relegated side get for that lot?

It wouldnt leave us with much squad though.

Theres also dosh to come from Mangala, its only a loan fee paid the minute, is it 10m?
If they take up the option thats another 20m, if not im sure we would get 20, relegated or not.

Southampton got £53m+add-ons for Romeo Lavia having just been relegated. The discussion for Murillo and MGW shouldn’t even begin below £60m each, regardless of what division we’re in. Murillo in particular is going to be a star, Napoli made a huge mistake not paying £17m for him because he’s already getting up to the levels that Koulibaly and Kim Min-Jae were showing for them.
Ward prowse went for 40m.

Sorry, to be clear here, are you saying that, in your opinion, its better for a football club to NOT be relegated than to be relegated?

If so, that's an excellent point.

I'm responding to the guys who are downplaying how much relegation will set us back

We just have to stay up

We've found some great players who took time to learn Premier League

We've not done that so other teams can benefit

So your mate Nuno better keep us up

It's all in your hands now Black Gold!

Murillo
Elanga
Awoniyi
MGW
CHO
Danillo
Williams
Sangare
Domiguez

Would all potentially want out if relegated, How much would a relegated side get for that lot?

And we have to start finding players like that and getting them used to our style of play all over again etc etc etc

No thanks

We've done so much hard work we need to stay Premier League

End of

I'm responding to the guys who are downplaying how much relegation will set us back

We just have to stay up

We've found some great players who took time to learn Premier League

We've not done that so other teams can benefit

So your mate Nuno better keep us up

It's all in your hands now Black Gold!
So relegation is worse than not being relegated?

I wonder if those two games following Coopers humiliation vs Fulham will come back haunt us?

Think of the bounce Super NES would have created, and probably and extra 4 points in the bank.

You cooper fanboys have a lot to answer for, demanding more and more and more and more time/games/whatever for a coach, clearly, out of his depth.

Murillo
Elanga
Awoniyi
MGW
CHO
Danillo
Williams
Sangare
Domiguez

The only one which would be debatable is Sangare in terms of getting back what we paid for him. The rest would not be sold at a discount just because of relegation. As other posters have pointed out, look at what Southampton received as an example.

Sangare very well may be a loan out. Williams would stay, possibly Elanga also

So relegation is worse than not being relegated?

I wonder if those two games following Coopers humiliation vs Fulham will come back haunt us?

Think of the bounce Super NES would have created, and probably and extra 4 points in the bank.

You cooper fanboys have a lot to answer for, demanding more and more and more and more time/games/whatever for a coach, clearly, out of his depth.

Just make sure your fanboy replacement for Cooper does his job and keeps us up

That's all that matters now!

Anything less and you've let the entire forum down and led us back into the wilderness again

Made worse if fookin Leicester sign any of our players when the come up

The only one which would be debatable is Sangare in terms of getting back what we paid for him. The rest would not be sold at a discount just because of relegation. As other posters have pointed out, look at what Southampton received as an example.

Sangare very well may be a loan out. Williams would stay, possibly Elanga also

It's not just about the money to me - it's about setting us back a minimum 2 years and having to start all over again

When all of a sudden we look like we have decent squad