Forest v Wham | Page 18 | Vital Football

Forest v Wham

He was the player that came closest to collymore imo.

Albeit in the championship but he tore it a new asshole. We would have been promoted ten years earlier if he had decided to stay for another year.
Not quite right with your last sentence, since Antonio only signed in 2014, and did not bring his timemachine. But I see your point- he was a standout player who would have made a difference had he stayed.

Not quite right with your last sentence, since Antonio only signed in 2014, and did not bring his timemachine. But I see your point- he was a standout player who would have made a difference had he stayed.

Appriciated 😉 my recall is not what it once was and it was never great to start with...

yea he was so obviously better than everyone else he played against.

I remember several goals where the rest of the team just stood by and watched as he bulldozed his way through the opposition.

Was awesome to watch murillo deal with him and a mark of just how good he is, even if Antonio has half a yard and bit of his old bite.

Shay Given was praising CHO and Tavares on MoD. Super fast and Bowen Coufal couldn’t handle them. He also criticised Elanga for being wasteful but th second goal and the denied penalty came down that wing. My MoM was Williams and those two seemed pretty quick and dominant. Nuno likes pace down the wings.

When Matty Cash played his first senior game for Forest v WBA I strongly felt he was not a fullback. I also felt Williams is not a fullback but could play wingback. He showed he can play fullback and pushed Cornet back behind WHU backline.

Shay Given was praising CHO and Tavares on MoD. Super fast and Bowen Coufal couldn’t handle them. He also criticised Elanga for being wasteful but th second goal and the denied penalty came down that wing. My MoM was Williams and those two seemed pretty quick and dominant. Nuno likes pace down the wings.

When Matty Cash played his first senior game for Forest v WBA I strongly felt he was not a fullback. I also felt Williams is not a fullback but could play wingback. He showed he can play fullback and pushed Cornet back behind WHU backline.
It's a testament to how well Williams did that he was meant to be defending against Cornet's threat, but it was Cornet, their winger, defending against Williams that should have brought the penalty.

That's how far back Williams had pushed him

It's a testament to how well Williams did that he was meant to be defending against Cornet's threat, but it was Cornet, their winger, defending against Williams that should have brought the penalty.

You can see that's what we've been trying to do since Nuno took over. West Ham were pretty compliant.
The trouble is, what do we do when a team refuses to drop back like that?

Prime example will be Villa. Defend with high line. Feel MGW will drop deep to assist Danilo and Dominguez in midfield and release the wide players. Very different from Saturday.
With his tenaciousness off the ball and quality on it I can definitely see him sitting deeper. We might see Yates rather than Danilo from the start though.

And that’s after pushing Gordon back so far he ended up on the other wing.

Bizarre that some people still think he isn’t up to it.

And that’s after pushing Gordon back so far he ended up on the other wing.

Bizarre that some people still think he isn’t up to it.
It's time.

We are used to loans and fairly disposable players at championship level. If you sign someone at that level, you expect them to be able to be decent out of the box. Often they start good and get worse. We are used to only really giving time to youngsters.

But at PL level, players often need a lot more time to come good.

Look at the players who have been totally written off by some on here

Awoniyi
Wood
Origi
Williams
Tavares
Hudson-Odoi
Omobamidele
Sangare
Toffolo

Who have I missed?

I don't think there is a single person on here who hasn't written off at least one of these. But they just need time to get the handle on the league

It's time.

We are used to loans and fairly disposable players at championship level. If you sign someone at that level, you expect them to be able to be decent out of the box. Often they start good and get worse. We are used to only really giving time to youngsters.

Awoniyi
Wood
Origi
Williams
Tavares
Hudson-Odoi
Omobamidele
Sangare
Toffolo

Who have I missed?

I don't think there is a single person on here who hasn't written off at least one of these. But they just need time to get the handle on the league

We have definitely established that they are NOT lego.

I also think it has/is taking longer to gel and see the best out of the players cos it's not like they have come into a settled squad. They have had to create something with almost a whole new group and plenty of churn.

It's time.

Awoniyi
Wood
Origi
Williams
Tavares
Hudson-Odoi
Omobamidele
Sangare
Toffolo

Who have I missed?

Still remember a few usual suspects writing off Taiwo literally midway through his first ever pre-season match for us. Only for him to go on and get a really good assist.

It's time.

Awoniyi
Wood
Origi
Williams
Tavares
Hudson-Odoi
Omobamidele
Sangare
Toffolo

Who have I missed?

And I am guilty of that. I just don’t rate Origi and never have. I haven’t seen anything yet to change my mind.

Sangare I think needs time but I don’t think will increase in value for us - I think we bought him at top rate.

And I am guilty of that. I just don’t rate Origi and never have. I haven’t seen anything yet to change my mind.

Sangare I think needs time but I don’t think will increase in value for us - I think we bought him at top rate.
Origi needs time

Did you see the little flick he did in right midfield mid way through the second half? His one touch literally wiped out most of the West Ham team. We didn't score but we should have.

And then that little flick to put Williams in?

We need more from him but that will come with time. He's already shown signs of being able to do stuff no one else in the side can