Aston Villa vs Manchester United - Sunday 11 Feb 16:30 | Page 29 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Manchester United - Sunday 11 Feb 16:30

I’ve just watched a re run of the first half and the strutting peacock that is Robert Jones was even worse than I originally thought he’d been. We were playing against 12..again!
Yup. Someone has got to tell him that he isn't the star of the show that he thinks he should be.

Some baffling and totally inconsistent decisions.

How Unlucky can one team be against another, we should have won that by 3 clear goals and yet again they fluke it.
I've never known this with any other club ever anywhere.

It sickens me
We created the chances but if you don't take them what can you do ? I don't think it's unlucky it was basically poor finishing and poor defending that cost us the game .

Rage at losing to Man Utd AGAIN aside, I was pleased to see us something like our old selves today. Plenty to like there. We just happen to have THE WORST bogey team possible.

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say that was an absolutely wonderful cross by Dalot. It makes it no easier mind. I was worried after the Chelsea game. I'm a fair bit more positive now. Unai is becoming a victim of his own success. This is the reality check. UTV.

I couldn’t remember who missed the best chances as there were so bloody many of them! I could’ve called out half the team.

Can someone who watched it on TV, tell me why the first United goal didn’t have a VAR check? I’ve just watched it back and it looks very tight. I accept it as a goal if it’s onside, but it didn’t feel like it was even checked. If that is the new speed of VAR checks then that’s a good thing, the cynic in me thinks it wasn’t checked because it was United.
To be honest the whole game looked like VAR was not being used, even their winner which was a tight decision was not looked at or mentioned, something very wrong with the officiating when they play.

Last edited:
Good job the blue card thing isn't coming in. Rat face would have spent more time off the pitch than on it today.

No wonder his distance ran in games is so good. He runs miles chasing the ref around to complain.
He’d still do it and still get away with it. He plays for an “elite” team.

Good job the blue card thing isn't coming in. Rat face would have spent more time off the pitch than on it today.

No wonder his distance ran in games is so good. He runs miles chasing the ref around to complain.

I’m sure Rob Jones would’ve found a way to put four of our players in the blue bin just for being present whilst keeping Rat face on the pitch for 90 minutes.

"We don't want too many Leicester
Citys."
These were the words spoken by a senior figure from the Premier League's 'big six' clubs, in the kind of high-end London hotel you can easily imagine.
"Football history suggests fans like big teams winning," the official continued, to the group of business people and media figures present. "A certain amount of unpredictability is good, but a more democratic league would be bad for business."

Just for clarification on why we don’t seem to get decisions against “top” teams, see above.

"We don't want too many Leicester
Citys."
These were the words spoken by a senior figure from the Premier League's 'big six' clubs, in the kind of high-end London hotel you can easily imagine.
"Football history suggests fans like big teams winning," the official continued, to the group of business people and media figures present. "A certain amount of unpredictability is good, but a more democratic league would be bad for business."

Just for clarification on why we don’t seem to get decisions against “top” teams, see above.
That's disgraceful, and shows how corrupt the game we love as become.

To blame referees is to think like a bunch of losers. Thankfully Unai doesn’t think like that. Stick the ball in the net from our numerous chances and referee bias is a dead subject which it already is for me.
The freekick for the first goal shouldn't have been given. But the corner was a completely different passage of play that we should have done much better on. The ref wasn't to blame for us wasting chances at the other end as well.

So yeah I agree, whilst the ref was a abysmal when should have won in spite of his incompetence and that's on us.

Yup. Someone has got to tell him that he isn't the star of the show that he thinks he should be.

Some baffling and totally inconsistent decisions.

I said this about the fool in early January in the FA Cup thread when yet again, through his own incompetence he was attempting to ruin another game.

"This referee is the sort of bloke you just know has mirrors all over the house and sees himself as the centre of attention

That's OK if the attention you bring to yourself is to show you are competent at what you do but instead, this cretin only displays total incompetence."