Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town

Only the second time this season we have come back to win after being behind - the other one was at home to Tuesday's opponents Charlton.

Sweet feeling to get back and win 😊
Fully deserved three points.
Sending off obviously played a part but we were good from the start anyway.
well done 👍

Back home after an eventful and entertaining win at the Bank. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but a game we deserved to win with plenty of good moments, some awful ones (their goal was a Keystone Kops moment) and all in all a match where you walk out of the ground knowing you've had your moneys worth. Some decent performances by us but two stand out for me. Ben House. How we have missed him. If he can only give 60 odd minutes at the moment, if they are like today that'll do for me. Secondly Ted Bishop who was the best player on the pitch today. If you've written him off this summer really re-consider your view. He's playing in his best position and influencing games. Always has that fitness question mark hanging over him, but honestly on his day one of the best central midfielders in our division.
Cup of tea time

Great to visit the imps from Norwich and good win.
I have to say am not impressed with Joe Taylor at all didn’t do much and wasted a great chance when it was 3-1 break on in our favour with simple past.

Great to visit the imps from Norwich and good win.
I have to say am not impressed with Joe Taylor at all didn’t do much and waste a great chance when it was 3-1 in our favour with simple past.

He had a tough day at the office and he made the wrong decision on that particular opportunity you mention (the pass to McGrandles was on a sec or two earlier… but he should have opted for Lars).

He also didn’t strike the ball for his chance in the first half as well as I would have hoped, but the touch before was beautiful.

I feel sorry for him because the service to him today was poor and ill suited for his style for the most part. He has pace to burn and we need to the ball to his feet or just informs of him. I still believe he will do well once he breaks his duck.

Secondly Ted Bishop who was the best player on the pitch today. If you've written him off this summer really re-consider your view. He's playing in his best position and influencing games. Always has that fitness question mark hanging over him, but honestly on his day one of the best central midfielders in our division.
No one doubts his ability; only his ability to play regularly.

Back home after an eventful and entertaining win at the Bank. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but a game we deserved to win with plenty of good moments, some awful ones (their goal was a Keystone Kops moment) and all in all a match where you walk out of the ground knowing you've had your moneys worth. Some decent performances by us but two stand out for me. Ben House. How we have missed him. If he can only give 60 odd minutes at the moment, if they are like today that'll do for me. Secondly Ted Bishop who was the best player on the pitch today. If you've written him off this summer really re-consider your view. He's playing in his best position and influencing games. Always has that fitness question mark hanging over him, but honestly on his day one of the best central midfielders in our division.
Cup of tea time

Teddy was excellent today. His overall game the last few matches have superb. We’ve always known he can play a good pass, but he has shown his ability to get stuck in and get past people. A real joy to watch! He must have drawn close to 10 fouls in the last game.

Is he playing for a new contract?

Am sure it's not a sentiment that everyone agrees with but I felt sorry for Fleetwood. If you are scrapping for your survival the last thing you need is a blatant officiating mistake like that. The sending off did make the difference, not because they were the better team before it but they had a game plan and it was working. We were creating bits and bobs but they were set up well and frustrating us. The 5 and 8 were giving as good as they got in the centre of midfield and the 11 was restricting Hackett's threat. Obviously there were other players who could have been sent off in the melee but losing 5 and having to push 11 into midfield really disrupted them and our better players just took over.
I thought overall our performance was adequate rather than anything better. We took advantage of the extra player which not every team does, we got more crosses into the box which was good to see, but some of the distribution from the back was woeful again and I thought we had seen the back of that dreadful hoof towards the right wing back we used to do towards Poole under Kennedy all the time. We are also not utilising Taylor properly. The high line that Fleetwood played should have been ideal for us to use his pace but we lacked the nous to put the ball in behind in the right areas. We did it once in the first half with the chance he put past the post but it should have been more. He is starting to look really frustrated.
I did think at the end of the last home game that the omens were bad again for Teddy B but so glad he is playing regularly. He is almost always my favourite player on the pitch and although he was great today that accolade actually went to their captain.

About time we got one over a NW team they always seem to rough us up and we never seem to do well. I can remember the time we were first non-league and fleetwood were bankrolled with what turned out to be funny money so really they need to go back from where they were from.

Am sure it's not a sentiment that everyone agrees with but I felt sorry for Fleetwood.
I know what you mean, the principle of losing a game through poor refereeing decisions and possibly mistaken identity.

However, I feel no sympathy for Fleetwood specifically: a club from the North-West Counties League Division One that bought its place in League One through the proceeds of crime, a place that could have gone to a club playing fairly and trying to compete through its own abilities. A club built on ruined lives and bankrupted businesses. The sooner this club returns to its rightful place, the better in the interests of natural justice.

I know what you mean, the principle of losing a game through poor refereeing decisions and possibly mistaken identity.

However, I feel no sympathy for Fleetwood specifically: a club from the North-West Counties League Division One that bought its place in League One through the proceeds of crime, a place that could have gone to a club playing fairly and trying to compete through its own abilities. A club built on ruined lives and bankrupted businesses. The sooner this club returns to its rightful place, the better in the interests of natural justice.
Yes but to balance that out there was a time when they played the Captain Pugwash music whenever they scored

Unbeaten since what felt like a season reset when the window opened I think.
Although the three players who signed then you would say haven’t contributed massively individually but seems to have changed momentum.

Am sure it's not a sentiment that everyone agrees with but I felt sorry for Fleetwood. If you are scrapping for your survival the last thing you need is a blatant officiating mistake like that. The sending off did make the difference, not because they were the better team before it but they had a game plan and it was working. We were creating bits and bobs but they were set up well and frustrating us. The 5 and 8 were giving as good as they got in the centre of midfield and the 11 was restricting Hackett's threat. Obviously there were other players who could have been sent off in the melee but losing 5 and having to push 11 into midfield really disrupted them and our better players just took over.

Well we gifted them a goal start. At that point I felt sorry for us.