January Window | Page 87 | Vital Football

January Window

Just to save me a few hours in going back, can someone post what has ACTUALLY happened so far !? It's always baffling why so much happens on the last day. I can understand that you might want to get an extra few games out of your best player before you sell him, but couldn't Mighten, Horvath , Ui-Jo , Laryea, Shelvey (GK) all have been loaned out/sold earlier ?

We beat them very very comfortably

No we didn’t . Either the stats and my eyes are lying or you are.

I know which one I believe..
Go and look up the definition of comfortably.

it isn’t 20% possssion at home ,
or zero corners to 10 for the opposition.
Or any of the other statistics of that match.
Incredible that you would even say that.

I don’t remember us winning any match comfortably in the premier league until Nuno arrived.

it depends if you consider being organised, keeping a cleean sheet and scoring as playing

No we just put 11 men bunkering in , hiding, much like we did against Arsenal the other night. Luckily it worked against Villa but no way did we outplay anyone.

Reactions: PVH
Just to save me a few hours in going back, can someone post what has ACTUALLY happened so far !? It's always baffling why so much happens on the last day. I can understand that you might want to get an extra few games out of your best player before you sell him, but couldn't Mighten, Horvath , Ui-Jo , Laryea, Shelvey (GK) all have been loaned out/sold earlier ?

BBC site not always the quickest, but can only see Reyna and Ribiero in, and McKenna and Mighten out so far. All seem to be loans, though I believe McKenna is out of contract in the summer.

No we just put 11 men bunkering in , hiding, much like we did against Arsenal the other night. Luckily it worked against Villa but no way did we outplay anyone.
I think the timing of our second goal was the key to that victory. Villa’s second half game plan was in tatters within minutes

Has anyone seen anything about Aurier deal being definite rather than chatter?

MSL is on a different transfer cycle compared to Europe so Origi deal could still go ahead after tonight. Turkey window also closes much later.

Saudi league transfer window is now closed.

No we didn’t . Either the stats and my eyes are lying or you are.

I know which one I believe..
Go and look up the definition of comfortably.

it isn’t 20% possssion at home ,
or zero corners to 10 for the opposition.
Or any of the other statistics of that match.
Incredible that you would even say that.

I don’t remember us winning any match comfortably in the premier league until Nuno arrived.
They played a high line and we looked dangerous with pretty much every attack , the stats don't always tell the whole story , it was a fully deserved win. I was amazed they continued playing the high line after half time as it was so obvious we were causing them no end of problems.

But wouldn't we and AC Milan need to terminate/recall Origi today so that the MLS (or Turkey) can then complete the deal before their window closes
Has anyone seen anything about Aurier deal being definite rather than chatter?

MSL is on a different transfer cycle compared to Europe so Origi deal could still go ahead after tonight. Turkey window also closes much later.

Saudi league transfer window is now closed.

Niakhate returns. Worrall stays. Murillo and Omobamidele show their worth. Felipe returns. Forest are strong in mid defence.

Mangala moves to Lyon, Sangare stays at AFCON. Yates and Dominguez will miss Bristol game because of yellows. Central midfield looks much weaker short term.

Awoniyi should manage an hour on Saturday, Elanga 30 mins. Rayna arrives on loan. Attack looks much stronger.

Does NES move to 3:4:2:1 for B’muff. Three at back, all strong. Yates and Dominguez in middle supported by flying wingbacks, play two number 10’s supporting Awoniyi. Finish with pace of Elanga. All change for Bristol.