January Window | Page 84 | Vital Football

January Window

We didn’t outplay Villa at all
They were all over us and just couldn’t score . We did outplay Man Utd and Newcastle.

I didn’t think the Trent End had any restricted view tickets ? You know because you were at the game and that’s the opinion that counts .

Here’s the stats from that dominant victory over Villa, not that I need stats as my eyes work just fine so this is for your benefit.

Feel free to thank me x

View attachment 71328

I think you are missing the only stat that matters.

What to do with Turner? The goal he let in v Arsenal was unfortunate. He has shown no previous weakness in this situation before. Perhaps just one of those things. It is the erosion of confidence related to his kicking and passing, lis the problem.

Take him out of limelight. Crash course of training, solely based on kicking, moving his feet, passing. Plenty of practice of playing in back four. No goalkeeper practice. He is a good shot stopper and is ok at catching, although interesting that Arsenal crowded him and dropped the ball on his head on every corner. Lots of five a side and seven a side soccer. He can improve.

He’s 29 YEARS OLD FFS
He’s not some 18 year old kid.

If he hasn’t learned basics such as not standing on the near post with your legs making the shape of the entrance to a cave, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. Add that to the other mistakes he’s made- goal costing mistakes.

He’s brave , but clueless and not good enough at all.

Think this time last year, decision was made that McKenna and Worrall not fast enough for premiership. Going to three at the back masked the issues but at the detriment to midfield. In came Murillo and Omab, thus allowing the exits of two good servants. One of Boly and Felipe will go in the summer, the other May get a one year extension.

He’s 29 YEARS OLD FFS
He’s not some 18 year old kid.

If he hasn’t learned basics such as not standing on the near post with your legs making the shape of the entrance to a cave, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. Add that to the other mistakes he’s made- goal costing mistakes.

He’s brave , but clueless and not good enough at all.
are you so quick writing off your own money? The only way to recoup some of the fee paid is to invest some time rebuilding confidence. No other option.

Think this time last year, decision was made that McKenna and Worrall not fast enough for premiership. Going to three at the back masked the issues but at the detriment to midfield. In came Murillo and Omab, thus allowing the exits of two good servants. One of Boly and Felipe will go in the summer, the other May get a one year extension.

are you so quick writing off your own money? The only way to recoup some of the fee paid is to invest some time rebuilding confidence. No other option.
Agreed Polly-there is a decent goalkeeper in there -I suspect he would do better if he was playing for a team not under so much pressure during games

Agreed Polly-there is a decent goalkeeper in there -I suspect he would do better if he was playing for a team not under so much pressure during games
Yes - he should be playing for Man City or Liverpool. He would look really good there. Probably should ask them for a straight swap deal.

Did you actually mean to say that?

Deeply unconvinced about this one

We've signed three very cheap keepers, hoping one of them will somehow be decent. Two have been dreadful.

This is a real gamble. Get this wrong and we are relegated.

Really not convinced there is anything in his history or stats to say this is the guy we need

We've signed three very cheap keepers, hoping one of them will somehow be decent. Two have been dreadful.

Really not convinced there is anything in his history or stats to say this is the guy we need

Ligue 1 keeper of the year season before last. Looks bigger and far more commanding than the other two. Dare I say you only have to look at Turner and Vlach to know they aren’t up to it

Need to loan him to someone then as we can't help him rebuild confidence in Premier League with us

Ideally loan him to Sheff Utd, Burnley or Luton

Think we have tried quite a few. Not much other choice-5m for a 31 year old. Seems ok from the standard obligatory player reel.