Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 132 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

I'd be so shocked if he doesn't choose Barca.
Barca are a financial mess, and UEFAcould even ban them from the CL next season because of their repeated financial shenanigans. Plus at rate next season settlement from the La liga (wages allowed to be paid) could even be lower still..

And their get out of jail free card, (their media flotation of future earnings) is now looking like a piece of wet rag..

In the last few days, the U.S. Securities & Exchanges Commission (SEC) tightened its rules on SPACs to protect investors, especially from inflated valuations. This is yet another blow for the Barca Media project, as it makes it more difficult to attract new funding, especially at the ambitious $1billion valuation trumpeted when the plan was announced last summer.

It is, of course, possible that new funding or partners will be found by that la Liga April deadline. However, if the SPAC is dissolved, the €120million initially put up by its investors must be returned, plus interest. Industry sources say this €120m should not have been spent by Barca, on transfers, or anything else, and if they have, they are in very very deep shit.

Barring unexpected developments over the next few months, the Barca Media ‘lever’ that helped fund the club’s transfer dealings last summer will not be of much use in the future.

This season, La Liga slashed Barca’s official permitted salary limit from €648million the previous year to a new figure of €270m. This rule applies to managers’ wages, too.

That came after changes voted in by La Liga clubs in November 2022, limiting the use of ‘lever’ money (essentially, the mortgaging of future earnings) for current expenditure, such as transfers and wages, to five per cent of a club’s annual turnover.

Barca's squad cost for 2023-24 — the total of salaries and transfer amortisations — was officially budgeted at €492million. As they have exceeded their level, La Liga rules say they must make cuts before signing any more players.

So whoever they sign now, may not even be allowed on the payroll and thus can't play for them come the summer...

I'd imagine he's worth circa £65mill.

I believe he'd be worth every penny.
Last summer Havertz went to Arsenal for £65m and Hojlund went to Utd for £65m+

You are 100% right that Olise is worth £65m.

There isn’t a hope in hell that Palace sell him for that however.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see him end up at PSG.

Barca are a financial mess, and UEFAcould even ban them from the CL next season because of their repeated financial shenanigans. Plus at rate next season settlement from the La liga (wages allowed to be paid) could even be lower still..

And their get out of jail free card, (their media flotation of future earnings) is now looking like a piece of wet rag..

In the last few days, the U.S. Securities & Exchanges Commission (SEC) tightened its rules on SPACs to protect investors, especially from inflated valuations. This is yet another blow for the Barca Media project, as it makes it more difficult to attract new funding, especially at the ambitious $1billion valuation trumpeted when the plan was announced last summer.

It is, of course, possible that new funding or partners will be found by that la Liga April deadline. However, if the SPAC is dissolved, the €120million initially put up by its investors must be returned, plus interest. Industry sources say this €120m should not have been spent by Barca, on transfers, or anything else, and if they have, they are in very very deep shit.

Barring unexpected developments over the next few months, the Barca Media ‘lever’ that helped fund the club’s transfer dealings last summer will not be of much use in the future.

This season, La Liga slashed Barca’s official permitted salary limit from €648million the previous year to a new figure of €270m. This rule applies to managers’ wages, too.

That came after changes voted in by La Liga clubs in November 2022, limiting the use of ‘lever’ money (essentially, the mortgaging of future earnings) for current expenditure, such as transfers and wages, to five per cent of a club’s annual turnover.

Barca's squad cost for 2023-24 — the total of salaries and transfer amortisations — was officially budgeted at €492million. As they have exceeded their level, La Liga rules say they must make cuts before signing any more players.

So whoever they sign now, may not even be allowed on the payroll and thus can't play for them come the summer...
Ridiculous situation.

I look forward to the day that these clubs get what’s coming to them.

The mismanagement of such powerhouses is criminal in my view.

Raises an interesting question, would we accept the kind of sum that would allow us to buy an Osimhen, Evan Ferguson or similar?

There's sort of 2 questions there.

Firstly, I think we would "accept the sum" just like we did with Kane, Bale and others before. I've had this conversation with Liverpool fans. So would they with Salah.

The other implied question is whether we would start trading with the big boys in the "buyers" market?

I'm not sure on the latter. I'm also not sure I want us to get into that market. Placing a Caicedo type price-tag on Ferguson is easy for Brighton. Some idiots might even pay it. I don't want Spurs to just because we got some Saudi money for another player.

As for Osimhen, he's becoming the new Aubameyang in my opinion. Way too much baggage with that guy.

Son will be 32 come the summer.

IF a bid too big to refuse comes in for him and it’s something he wants to do then it could work out perfect for both parties.
Cant we sell him to the SL and keep paying his wages and bank what he earns and use that to get better players ... we have to stop keeping players beyond their best years

We showed Bergvall around the training ground on Monday in an attempt to hijack Barca's bid for the midfielder.

Fingers crossed, he does look like a real prospect.

Well, not really a "hijack", as we've been in for him as long as they have.. at least. Nice to have a top Swede in our squad for him to get the show-n-tell from, native tongue givin the good ear cant hurt.

Kid's the real deal talent-wise, just needs to prove it at the highest levels. Looks a good fit in a rotation with Bentancur, Sarr, Bissouma, for the 8/6. Maybe a shout to spell Maddison, but not sure on that.

Biggest question of player like these, is he better than our academy kids?

Such a shame he chose the Spanish mish mash, he should of joined the revolution at Spurs.

In the 8 or 9 mins watch, I got this impression...
Twinkle toed, good wiv ball at his feet.
Can find a pass.
Good tackler.
Decent/good finisher.
Box to box m'fielder.
Not knocked off the ball easily.
Certain amount of pace when required.

Such a shame, ah well nevermind. COYS

Great respect and admiration for Glenn Hoddle but for him to say that he was not impressed by Timo Werner after he missed a header! I totally disagree and its not fair and I will go further and implore the club to pay the 15M NOW!

Last edited: