Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 130 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

Shame really.

Think it would be a perfect fit all round

Understand why he has cold feet over the move
Players and agents change their minds like the wind, often influenced by how much money is blowing in their direction - just one phone call can make or break a deal, so I wouldn't as of yet, be down about it - if we have a storming second half of the season, target players interest will peak again.

Hopefully we can move Hoj on come the summer & free up a place in the squad for the player we need. Barring that & perhaps another option on the wings i don't see us needing too much more. Perhaps our attention will switch back to youth & players for the future again.

In these next 24-48 hours I'd happily see us find another Phillips or Devine, home or abroad, and leave them exactly where they are until the summer.

As for the summer, I guess that depends whether we're planning for CL, EL, ECL or no UEFA comps. I'd like to think we will upgrade the forward line in a big way though. It's easy to ask for upgrades in other positions but when that forward line is as scary as the rest of our best eleven we'll be in business.

In these next 24-48 hours I'd happily see us find another Phillips or Devine, home or abroad, and leave them exactly where they are until the summer.

As for the summer, I guess that depends whether we're planning for CL, EL, ECL or no UEFA comps. I'd like to think we will upgrade the forward line in a big way though. It's easy to ask for upgrades in other positions but when that forward line is as scary as the rest of our best eleven we'll be in business.
We currently have Kulu, Johnson, Richarlison, Veliz, Scarlett, Son, Werner and Solomon as forwards in the squad. You could possibly add Sessegnon, Gil and Lo Celso to that list. Parrott will be returning.

How many incomings do you think we need and, assuming we could move on the ones not required, how many would you retain from that list?

Nusa and I believe we wanted Gallagher if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps not as much as slysports would have you believe, mind.
Nusa looks all over as a bullet dodged, so I don't see that as a loss as he wouldn't have joined us until next season anyway.

Gallagher, I still remain convinced that whilst we asked last summer, he's not interested and has his sights set elsewhere, or a new deal with the Chav's.

Nusa looks all over as a bullet dodged, so I don't see that as a loss as he wouldn't have joined us until next season anyway.

Gallagher, I still remain convinced that whilst we asked last summer, he's not interested and has his sights set elsewhere, or a new deal with the Chav's.

I suspect that is true of Gallagher and I don't want the club to persuade someone either. It seems like Ange has a chat with every recruit to determine their personality and motivations which could preclude him anyway.

I see the media shipbuilders are out in force adding more links to our ship's transfer chain making it even more harder to pull up and set sail tonight

Woah ... I have counted at least 4 players that we are about to bid on ? ... boy they do write some tripe to justify their likes or follows

The worst being telling Timo that he is already not wanted after his loan spell even for £10-15mill - well that went down like a lead balloon I bet and done his confidence a great boost (not)

I see the media shipbuilders are out in force adding more links to our ship's transfer chain making it even more harder to pull up and set sail tonight

Woah ... I have counted at least 4 players that we are about to bid on ? ... boy they do write some tripe to justify their likes or follows

The worst being telling Timo that he is already not wanted after his loan spell even for £10-15mill - well that went down like a lead balloon I bet and done his confidence a great boost (not)
As soon as it was clear that it wasn't a loan to buy deal ( with an obligation) I knew some canute in the media would make that 2+2 = 5 story up....

He'll know the score: he has to show he can cut the mustard, and then you're a done deal (hence why we negotiated the deal price upfront) - so the story is made up BS yet again and the punters suck it up..

Last edited:

I'm happy with our front line & believe it will improve. To take it to the next level would cost us an arm & a leg. Gotta remember Kane was one of our own who was summarily dismissed before he even put his boots on & Son who in his 1st season was called a Bundesliga reject. They're now both world class. I rest my case.

Shame we couldn't get rid of any one before the summer, but it's been an 6/10 window, which is a good effort in Jan.

much needed CB in

Werner cover till summer

I'm happy with our front line & believe it will improve. To take it to the next level would cost us an arm & a leg. Gotta remember Kane was one of our own who was summarily dismissed before he even put his boots on & Son who in his 1st season was called a Bundesliga reject. They're now both world class. I rest my case.
We maybe forced into a change come the summer, a certain agent who has acted on behalf of the Saudi's, was mouthing off after 'enjoying' himself too much in Annabel's at Rod Stewarts birthday do last week, and was determined to tell everyone that they were prepared to bid big to get Son to the Saudi league next summer. It is supposedly a bid too big to refuse. Guess we will see soon enough...

We currently have Kulu, Johnson, Richarlison, Veliz, Scarlett, Son, Werner and Solomon as forwards in the squad. You could possibly add Sessegnon, Gil and Lo Celso to that list. Parrott will be returning.

How many incomings do you think we need and, assuming we could move on the ones not required, how many would you retain from that list?

As you say, we are now in the fortunate position of having slots filled. Our strength is the collective, not the individuals. Every player on your list is disposable for the right incoming, bar none. That is, unless they elevate themselves to the next level and leave their peers behind. It's a great position to find ourselves in.

We maybe forced into a change come the summer, a certain agent who has acted on behalf of the Saudi's, was mouthing off after 'enjoying' himself too much in Annabel's at Rod Stewarts birthday do last week, and was determined to tell everyone that they were prepared to bid big to get Son to the Saudi league next summer. It is supposedly a bid too big to refuse. Guess we will see soon enough...

Let's see the colour of their money first.

£200mill please.

Forest signing 3 more relatively high earners on loan, ffp being taken seriously 😂
Selling Johnson to us would have given them a lot of wiggle room in the next 3 years rolling assessment would be my guess - they're clearly accepting that they're going to get punished for the last rolling three years (and their defence s that they are trying to say Johnson could be included for it)...so the liklihood is they'll accept their punishment for that period and focus on the rest of this season...

Son and Kulu are the must retains. For Johnson, Solomon and Werner, they need more time to prove themselves. The rest I wouldn't be one bit fussed if they were to leave.