January Window | Page 65 | Vital Football

January Window

Bar about 2 nice crosses and one nice goal in half a season, I'm not really surehow CHO classifies to be a technical player when he is an attacker who mostly passes backwards?
You obviously don't appreciate players who always control the ball, have a good first touch and never give the ball away

If BJ is keeping him out of the Spurs team - then we don't need him. BJ couldn't hold down a place in our team from about mid-March last year and wouldn't be in our team this season.
BJ plays on the right. Plus Spuds wanted pace which isn’t Gil’s game. They are totally different players.

Conte wouldn’t play him because he wasn’t physical enough but he has the skills and Brighton and Fiorentina are also credited with interest.

It wouldn’t make much difference to Spurs because they have Maddison, Kulusevski, Johnson and Son who all play in the forward positions but he could make a difference for us.

We will see though. It sounds like we are asking about any potential surplus wingers. The fact we have asked about Cornet shows our desperation…

Not for me this one, Bash. I get that he's only 22 so perhaps there is potential there, but as I said he's been at Spurs for 3-years and has had loan moves too, and hasn't made an impact anywhere he's been.

I remember him playing against us in the cup last year and he was totally anonymous.

It would very much feel like a signing just to get a body in.

Soppy - I hope it’s not a case of nominative determinism. We’ve already got a couple of full backs who can’t tackle.

McKenna has been a very good player for us and I think might be up to PL with more time. Interesting move for him; I’d have thought there’d be interest in the Championship and SPL but I guess it’s an opportunity for him to play in Europe. Good luck Scott!

Not for me this one, Bash. I get that he's only 22 so perhaps there is potential there, but as I said he's been at Spurs for 3-years and has had loan moves too, and hasn't made an impact anywhere he's been.

I remember him playing against us in the cup last year and he was totally anonymous.

It would very much feel like a signing just to get a body in.
Fair enough, I get that. I have seen him a few times and he was always looking to create.

I do get the feeling that we are pretty much reduced to just bringing in a body because we are asking for loans. If Mangala had been sold then things could have been different.

We wouldn't need to employ that kind of business model if we reduced the amount of dross we sign from 60% to 30%.

This narrative is easy to sustain the lingards shelveys 2x not good enough keepers. We should temper this a bit tho remembering we probably did have to run a twin track recruitment last season.

I take your point, improvement can certainly be made, just don't think we have earned a full lambast.

I personally don't want to lose mangala but 30m is good business. 47m for bj was good business. 25m for mgw was good business. It hasn't all been dross.

Would certainly rather be in our position than be blunts or Luton.

Bar about 2 nice crosses and one nice goal in half a season, I'm not really surehow CHO classifies to be a technical player when he is an attacker who mostly passes backwards?

Yates used to do the same thing. Cho needs to be more creative if can't skin people for pace anymore. Does still have time on his side tho...

This narrative is easy to sustain the lingards shelveys 2x not good enough keepers. We should temper this a bit tho remembering we probably did have to run a twin track recruitment last season.

I take your point, improvement can certainly be made, just don't think we have earned a full lambast.

I personally don't want to lose mangala but 30m is good business. 47m for bj was good business. 25m for mgw was good business. It hasn't all been dross.

Would certainly rather be in our position than be blunts or Luton.
If Sangare works out, you could say we got the big calls right.