Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 124 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

Ajer appears to have done some good work for Brentford behind the scenes, with Brentford promising a lot more first team action as well.

It's a bit of a blow. He's got potential to be special. We desperately need some wingers who aren't afraid to run at defenders. Son has lost a yard, Bren has lost confidence and is playing within himself, Kulusevski is good at take ons but isn't fast, Werner is very fast but not good at take ons, Solomon is quick and good at take ons but is glass and I'm wondering if the club are concerned about how fans may target him at the moment.

Ajer appears to have done some good work for Brentford behind the scenes, with Brentford promising a lot more first team action as well.

It's a bit of a blow. He's got potential to be special. We desperately need some wingers who aren't afraid to run at defenders. Son has lost a yard, Bren has lost confidence and is playing within himself, Kulusevski is good at take ons but isn't fast, Werner is very fast but not good at take ons, Solomon is quick and good at take ons but is glass and I'm wondering if the club are concerned about how fans may target him at the moment.
Afraid that was then clincher. Brentford has apparently almost guaranteed he'll be a starter for them next season.

Shame, he looks a genuine prospect.

Because they were always negotiating with multiple clubs, that's not unusual for young prospects.

It's strange. We've acted early on in the window to secure primary targets but too often we're seeing negotiations drag on for protracted periods. Noticeably more than any other club. Curious why that is.

Well I think Nusa is a prime example. Dragusin seemed to drag on for a while and we nearly got gazumped there too.
Surely part of it’s the selling club & the player themselves!?
If you had an asset to sell, you’d want to maximise your profit. Whilst if you’re an agent, you’d want the best deal. So I think on several occasions it’s not us, it’s others involved that want more money/better deal.

Because they were always negotiating with multiple clubs, that's not unusual for young prospects.

Brugge have been stirring the pot trying to get multiples in, jack the price a bit.... They've found no takers for their ploy, and have a resulting value from a Prem side. Apparently.

I dont think they've had any substantive talks with any club about the kid, until they asked for the bids just yesterday. Also beleive We have had a meeting, but wasnt a definitive one. Dont think Spurs were too impressed with their tactics, their media releases, and the dangling going on.

All other due diligence done, and the kid knows what he's in for if he comes.

Who knows who's pullin whose legs.....

No one should feel too bothered if we miss this one, but he would be a real nice get if it happened.

So many other things going on.

Surely part of it’s the selling club & the player themselves!?
If you had an asset to sell, you’d want to maximise your profit. Whilst if you’re an agent, you’d want the best deal. So I think on several occasions it’s not us, it’s others involved that want more money/better deal.

Oh absolutely. But it's noticeable that other teams conclude their business much more efficiently than we do from our first contact.