Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 123 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

So arting about loses us another player !

Could be about directing funds to a more needed target.

To be fair we don't know that is the case, I expect all will become clear somewhere down the line.

I suppose in truth, how many times have we been guilty of signing,' the next big thing' and it's come to nowt.
Being a big name in another league or one having good season doesn't make a player Premiership ready.
As has been said perhaps or monies and interests are better focused on a midfield player maybe Gibbs-White, Gomes or Gallagher

As has been said on here a few times, Ange doesn't play 18 / 19 year olds. It could be because he doesn't think they have the football intelligence to take on his system. More likely he doesn't throw them in at the deep end because he knows he breaks his players through his physical asks on the pitch and the training ground. It's probably not on ability because we can all see that some of the kids are more technically gifted than 2 or 3 of our first teamers. Our forward line is a big area lacking technique.

So if Nusa wants to follow the pattern being followed by Phillips and Devine then he should join Spurs. We will look after him. However, if he wants a clearer and more immediate path to first team football then he may not choose us.

I thought his contract said he could not be recalled at this moment Barns.

It would do everyone a favour to get him off our books .
I guess they can't send him back unanimously, it can't be cancelled by any one club. If both clubs agree to end it early, then they can both agree to it.

When they earlier wanted to send him back, we could just refuse. I can't see them wanting to keep him if we agree to end it early now though. He has been appalling.

So will it be Gallagher after all if the Blue Rinse mob have to sell someone to settle the fair play books - only 3 days and we will know.

But hey Levy give Donna the Ok to go get a top drawer RBC for the women's team before window closes and then release Amy for Club sustainability duties to stop her being the opponents 12th player.

Last edited:
As has been said on here a few times, Ange doesn't play 18 / 19 year olds. It could be because he doesn't think they have the football intelligence to take on his system. More likely he doesn't throw them in at the deep end because he knows he breaks his players through his physical asks on the pitch and the training ground. It's probably not on ability because we can all see that some of the kids are more technically gifted than 2 or 3 of our first teamers. Our forward line is a big area lacking technique.

So if Nusa wants to follow the pattern being followed by Phillips and Devine then he should join Spurs. We will look after him. However, if he wants a clearer and more immediate path to first team football then he may not choose us.
While the priniciple of wanting guaranteed first team football is understandable, Brentford seems a strange choice for Nusa. They are currently only six points off the relegation zone and have a brutal set of fixtures coming up. By mid-March they could be much closer to the bottom three. If they were relegated what then for Nusa?

Also, is he really guaranteed to go straight into the team ahead of players like Wissa and Mbeumo?

All I can see is that Brentford have agreed in principle to pay the £26m fee. Maybe Bruges and Nusa's team are using Brentford to flush out the final obstacles to seal the deal with us?

While the priniciple of wanting guaranteed first team football is understandable, Brentford seems a strange choice for Nusa. They are currently only six points off the relegation zone and have a brutal set of fixtures coming up. By mid-March they could be much closer to the bottom three. If they were relegated what then for Nusa?

Also, is he really guaranteed to go straight into the team ahead of players like Wissa and Mbeumo?

All I can see is that Brentford have agreed in principle to pay the £26m fee. Maybe Bruges and Nusa's team are using Brentford to flush out the final obstacles to seal the deal with us?

Brentford won't go down, but if they did I'm sure he would get a lot of game time and get used to the league or be sold.

If I was a young player I would be looking at how other youth teamers have been played under the current manager, he didn't really play them at Celtic and so far he's ignored them here.

It's 100 percent down to the manager on what he does, but it could have a knock on to youth signings.

So will it be Gallagher after all if the Blue Rinse mob have to sell someone to settle the fair play books - only 3 days and we will know.

But hey Levy give Donna the Ok to go get a top drawer RBC for the women's team before window closes and then release Amy for Club sustainability duties to stop her being the opponents 12th player.
Somehow i doubt it but wouldn't it be the cherry on top if we manage to bag him. I honestly believe he's the perfect signing for us at this time. If we do get him he won't come cheaply.

Brentford won't go down, but if they did I'm sure he would get a lot of game time and get used to the league or be sold.

If I was a young player I would be looking at how other youth teamers have been played under the current manager, he didn't really play them at Celtic and so far he's ignored them here.

It's 100 percent down to the manager on what he does, but it could have a knock on to youth signings.
Udogie and Sarr were both 20 last August when Ange started them.

Nusa would be 19 this August if he started for us. Is there such a big difference?

I don't think there's enough evidence yet to conclude Ange doesn't play young players purely because of their age.

Who knows what's happening. Brentford could be looking for some Ivan Toney attacking replacements for all I know.