January transfer rumours | Page 56 | Vital Football

January transfer rumours

Scally rolled the dice several times (and lost). Dack being the prime example. Was it JoeScout, I think, that estimated we’d foregone £6m in transfers.
It’s always a gamble. Dack did his hamstring shortly after we made that decision and although he came back before the end of the season, he didn’t regain his previous form. That and Dack getting seriously injured at Blackburn just when a big money move to the Premiership was on the cards, thereby losing out on a big sell on payout, didn’t do us any favours. There were times when Scally’s luck was completely out.

Last edited:
It’s always a gamble. Dack did his hamstring shortly after we made that decision and although he came back before the end of the season, he didn’t regain his previous form. That and Dack getting seriously injured at Blackburn just when a big money move to the Premiership was in the cards, thereby losing out on a big sell on payout, didn’t do us any favours. There were times when Scally’s luck was completely out.
That`s very true. Terrible bad luck for Bradley and terrible bad luck for GFC. Talking about missing out on a combined £6M - that`s the likely sum missed purely in relation to a Dack move. Feel for Bradley, and PS too, over such awful luck.

It really, really isn’t as simple as that. The financial outcomes in relation to promotion or not promotion, relegation or staying up are huge. If we had a 20 goal a season striker and he was coming to the end of a contract would we seriously be talking about offloading him and giving up on promotion ? I think not.

Umm, that's pretty much exactly what I said...

To be fair, I have often daydreamed about what Asaba & Taylor would have done for the Gills in the Championship (and following year in the Premier League).
And the Champions League the following year, don’t forget. Nesta and Costacurta got lucky never facing that pair.

That`s very true. Terrible bad luck for Bradley and terrible bad luck for GFC. Talking about missing out on a combined £6M - that`s the likely sum missed purely in relation to a Dack move. Feel for Bradley, and PS too, over such awful luck.

Loadsa luck, shame it's all bad - Del Boy said something similar which is on the money

Not a lack of individual pace bit more a lack of speed of moving the ball forward. That old adage of the ball moves faster than a player running lol.

Does anyone think Nichols and clarke may be on the way out this week?
One of them out on loan. Probably Clarke as he is dropping down the pecking order.

Nadesan would be a surprise considering Clem decided to start him yesterday after seeing him in training all week.

One of them out on loan. Probably Clarke as he is dropping down the pecking order.

Nadesan would be a surprise considering Clem decided to start him yesterday after seeing him in training all week.

21 games since Naddesan last scored a goal and he's chosen ahead of all the others yesterday.

He must be fecking like Messi in training.

Given his performance (or lack of ) of yesterday that should seal his departure if anyone out there wants him.

I would expect Clark (LB), Alexander and Nichols to go if anyone wants them.

Given his performance (or lack of ) of yesterday that should seal his departure if anyone out there wants him.

I would expect Clark (LB), Alexander and Nichols to go if anyone wants them.

Really feel for Clark. Malone is hardly setting the world alight but Clark just doesn't get game time. Hasn't even been given the chance to prove he's not good enough.

You want to drop our second top scorer from a team that struggles with goals ?

I would. The goals he’s scored don’t seem a good indicator of further goals to come (e.g. tap in into an empty net against MK - of course some credit for being up there but was a bit of a freak goal, crucial deflection at Colchester, worldie vs Sutton).

His crossing is dreadful and defending not great either.

Don’t see what happens in training of course but Max Clark has generally done well in the minutes he’s had and delivers a much better cross than Malone. Even before his consecutive errors I’d been very much underwhelmed by his performances.