Brentcelona vs forest sponsored by mitigating circumstances | Page 18 | Vital Football

Brentcelona vs forest sponsored by mitigating circumstances

not sure I blame turner for the goal though. It looks like he sets the wall and lines it up. Then comes back to check it again. Yates on the end of the wall seems to tell him to get back across to the other side of his goal. Toney moves it across a couple of feet while Turner is unsighted and Yates is facing away and CHO is daydreaming about this week’s paycheque?

I would have been bollocking the player at the end of the wall (who doesn’t hold his ground or move toward the ball when kicked) and the daydreamer whe never reacts personally!
I tried to stay off here until my anger subsided with Turner, but that didn't work.
I haven't read though this thread so I don't know what the prevailing opinion is but I couldn't agree with this less, Brian.

Before Yates started complaining, I said the wall was obviously in the wrong place and he needed to sort it out. Yates looked like he was saying the same and asking Turner to check. He even motioned the line that Toney could hit it, ffs.

It is entirely the responsibility of the goalkeeper to put the wall in the right place. And it is very basic. Toney did nothing special at all. He moved the ball little more than a diameter and it was still within the curve drawn by the ref. Then he simply knocked it in. No great pace, no great swerve.
It is a ridiculous goal to give away and cost us another two points (against a rival) if not more. I'm sure he's a lovely fella and feeling really bad but he'll be apologising to the team yet again. I'm furious about it because it's kids stuff.

Hes 6ft.
Which isn't big for a CH but he's no dwarf.

I'd like to see him played with a free reign, just once, a cup game, Nuno just wink at him and say, go destroy them kid.
Murillo winning big headers is a major issue. I can only assume it’s not a big thing in Brazil. It’s something he absolutely needs to improve, but surely with the right training and guidance it’s something he can improve?

I tried to stay off here until my anger subsided with Turner, but that didn't work.
I haven't read though this thread so I don't know what the prevailing opinion is but I couldn't agree with this less, Brian.

Before Yates started complaining, I said the wall was obviously in the wrong place and he needed to sort it out. Yates looked like he was saying the same and asking Turner to check. He even motioned the line that Toney could hit it, ffs.

It is entirely the responsibility of the goalkeeper to put the wall in the right place. And it is very basic. Toney did nothing special at all. He moved the ball little more than a diameter and it was still within the curve drawn by the ref. Then he simply knocked it in. No great pace, no great swerve.
It is a ridiculous goal to give away and cost us another two points (against a rival) if not more. I'm sure he's a lovely fella and feeling really bad but he'll be apologising to the team yet again. I'm furious about it because it's kids stuff.
100% agree. Was clear that bottom corner was open well before the ball was moved. In every level I’ve played at, it’s always been the keepers responsibility to make sure the wall is where it needs to be….although he petrified me every time the ball was at his feet, he actually did ok today, even if his tekkers looked horrible alot of the time…

Regardless though, he cost is a massive goal once again!!

Although it was a poor wall I am pretty sure Toney is not allowed to move the ball like he did without the referee agreeing it. All the players and ref were looking the other way when he blatantly moved it, and the position of the spray, and it should have been disallowed by VAR.

Although it was a poor wall I am pretty sure Toney is not allowed to move the ball like he did without the referee agreeing it. All the players and ref were looking the other way when he blatantly moved it, and the position of the spray, and it should have been disallowed by VAR.
It's astonishing that every other "incident" get's microscopic analysis yet when someone is taking a free-kick on goal everybody seems to have popped out for a quick fag .

Yea I agree. It's different to other dead ball situations when a wall is involved. It's creating a completely unfair advantage to move the ball once the wall has been set up. If its allowed u could be there all day with ball moved, wall moved.

It's fooking sickening to lose to the one piece of quality Neil fooking maupay will produce all season.

Bearing mind it was forest lite, not much to say, we still had opportunities to win the game.

Don't really want to pile into Turner but it is frustrating.

Winnable game undone by basic mistakes. The team for some parts looks a different animal under Nuno and in a normal situation I'd be quite confident about what's next but we're not in a normal situation and points are all that matters so that's a costly one. Frustrating.

Sums up my feeling exactly.

Hard not to be frustrated by that and we owe them such a spanking. However, with all of our players I don't believe they win that game with or without Toney.

it's not nice to single out players but Turner can't do right for doing wrong. At least he just hoofed it today.

Big shame mangala didn't pull off any of his shots cos any one of em would have been a screamer.

Nuno has got us playing at a higher level and we have better players to return.

That's the most positivity I can summon up right now.

Should've played the kids. Why did we need to push for a meaningless game at Bristol?

Luton will be be above us soon.

That didn't cost us the game. Conceding easy goals and not taking and creating more chances did.

Nuno has his work cut out but the fact he was a keeper gives me hope. I think his positive from the post match is the commitment. We did fade in extra time but had put in a decent shift.

Very costly tho...

I switched off at 2-1 as I just felt it wasn’t our night.

Too many underperforming
Basics of passing, marking, clearing a ball were missing

I felt Brentford were ropey and low on confidence aNd we didn’t press that anywhere near enough

We deffo missed mgw/elanga let alone the afcon boys

we need a keeper..no ifs/buts..:we need one

you could be right, i don’t know? I read it as Yates (the captain?) saying ‘This side is covered: get that side sorted!’ and then not trying to drag the rest of the wall across if he perceived there to be a gap Toney could exploit. Then Toney moved the ball across after whatever was going on between the 2 of them and neither CHO or any of the other 3/4 in the wall looked like they called it out.

whatever the case it was a massive miscommunication and cost us big time.

It's astonishing that every other "incident" get's microscopic analysis yet when someone is taking a free-kick on goal everybody seems to have popped out for a quick fag .
I’m surprised the lack of forensic retakes of the corner that Mee scores from. From my view Obam collects the ball and pushes it wide. Toney comes in with a late tackle and wipes out Omab. Foul and Yellow for Toney. Sky didn’t even look at it. It was hero Toney.

Wasted that 10 mins of injury time and Brentford did proper game management on us there.

I would love to watch the ten minutes extra time with a stop watch, and see how much time was actually played. Aren't they supposed to add 30 seconds on (at least) for the substitution, not to mention some of the other things that happened. Not that it would have made much difference to the score.

you could be right, i don’t know? I read it as Yates (the captain?) saying ‘This side is covered: get that side sorted!’ and then not trying to drag the rest of the wall across if he perceived there to be a gap Toney could exploit. Then Toney moved the ball across after whatever was going on between the 2 of them and neither CHO or any of the other 3/4 in the wall looked like they called it out.

whatever the case it was a massive miscommunication and cost us big time.
CHO doing precisely nothing was more criminal than whoever was setting the wall. There was no way that kick was going high, so the 2 massive errors were ...
Having a player lying down behind the wall. Pointless, get in the wall.
CHO floating around in no-mans land doing fuck all.

Both of those in the wall and its no goal