Brentcelona vs forest sponsored by mitigating circumstances | Page 17 | Vital Football

Brentcelona vs forest sponsored by mitigating circumstances

Games like this are just Forest bingo.

Out of form side with a returning striker looking to do his talking on the pitch. We knew he was guaranteed a goal and they were guaranteed a result.

Not helped, of course, by us missing our best player, and having a hapless keeper.

Ordinarily, I’d take the positives and move on - we probably deserved something from the game.

Sadly, we have a probable points deduction hanging over our heads, and as we’ve seen by the media coverage of us this season, we’re too small a fish in too big a pond to get away with it.

Lots of games to go, but we don’t even know how many points we need. I think that we should have been given a provisional punishment so we’d at least be able to play with an idea of what we’re working towards.

Another game we've thrown away, with p poor defending, I really don't think you can go into a prem game with 2 x 20 year old centre halves. I know Murrilo is a real talent but he has to have someone experienced with him, and it has be said since he came into the side our defensive frailties have increased. On the plus side Danilo was much better this evening.

All our old failings were there to see, in that last ten minutes maybe due to fatigue, but we found it difficult to get the ball into the box & if we did there was a distinct lack of bodies.

Particularly annoying that Mangala has 2 that go marginally the wrong side of the post then when they get a similar chance it nestles in the corner of the net.

I really do dislike Brentford, & that dislike only increases every time any one mentions them, for me they have no business being in the premier league, and everything about them is irritating.

Our pressing is improved under Nuno but we still aren't committing 100% to it, it is no good just 1 or 2 doing it as it is then to easy to play around it we have to gave more doing it.

Hope the Yates injury isn't going to turn out to be anything long term

I think if its anywhere near what we want, we should reluctantly sell Worrall, and Mangala, hoping to get in anywhere between 30-45m (Worrall 10-15m, Mangala 20-30m) and buy a winger, Batshuayi, and get a loan for a keeper and a CM.

EM has to be proactive and banking some cash, to ensure survival and get these points. Another loss coming v Arsenal but we can beat both Bournemouth and Newcastle and West Ham next month with a sensible window, some injuries back and some AFCON players back

Got to agree that we need better than Turner. Not sure what happened exactly with that free kick but the communication between keeper and defence looked poor. Yates looked frustrated with Turner.

I don’t come away from that game too depressed - at least we showed we can create chances with a team reduced in strength, even if the first half was very poor. Just annoying to always lose to likes of Brentford and Bournemouth 3-2 with at least one avoidable goal.

We are giving too many poor goals away. I don’t care how many keepers we have on our books we need another one! Progress has been made under Nuno but we have to take care of this!

not sure I blame turner for the goal though. It looks like he sets the wall and lines it up. Then comes back to check it again. Yates on the end of the wall seems to tell him to get back across to the other side of his goal. Toney moves it across a couple of feet while Turner is unsighted and Yates is facing away and CHO is daydreaming about this week’s paycheque?

I would have been bollocking the player at the end of the wall (who doesn’t hold his ground or move toward the ball when kicked) and the daydreamer whe never reacts personally!

I think if its anywhere near what we want, we should reluctantly sell Worrall, and Mangala, hoping to get in anywhere between 30-45m (Worrall 10-15m, Mangala 20-30m) and buy a winger, Batshuayi, and get a loan for a keeper and a CM.

EM has to be proactive and banking some cash, to ensure survival and get these points. Another loss coming v Arsenal but we can beat both Bournemouth and Newcastle and West Ham next month with a sensible window, some injuries back and some AFCON players back
I think we’ll struggle to find a taker for worral if we pay someone 10m….

I think it’s fair comment that Turner is not wholly to blame for Toney’s goal. But to risk sounding like a dinosaur, as a goalkeeper you need to have big balls and be relentless with your defenders about their positioning. Neither Turner nor the Greek lad (nor Horvath from what we saw in the Champ) look to have the confidence or communication skills that make a defence much more resolute.

pinning hopes that West Ham come in at somewhere between 10-15m for him, otherwise, its off to the championship
Have heard the West Ham rumours but I reckon I’d bet my house he doesn’t get a prem move….he’s closer to league 1 than prem so surely not!!