Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December | Page 27 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December

Very pleased with the win. Half the team were poor, tons of lost possession but should have won 6-1. Weird game but IMO a vital win. This sets the to be for aloof if winnable games coming up.

If things start to click it could be a great season. Just need to pick right players for midfield and teach Cash to cross. Two full back may be needed. How did Cash ever play right wing in the past? And Young is too old to make crosses.

The thing that surprised me was, Leicester committing two dozen+ fouls but, the only player they had booked was Maddison in injury time.
I'd like to see Sanson and Buendia in the same side. I think they would gel, they are both intelligent and I'm sure Sanson could not only read the great runs Buendia makes but, he more than has the ability to pick Emi2 out.
Ramsey really needs to get on the training pitch and learn how to keep his shots under the height of the crossbar and within the width of the goalposts.
I am impressed with the way Marv has improved his forward passing ratio and accuracy. He's always been really good at breaking up attacks, he can really tackle. This may be totally untrue but, the impression I'm getting of Ollie this season is, after a successful last season he seems to think he can take that extra touch or, extra second or two before taking his shot. This allows a keeper to get set and able to read where the shot is going to go.

I know I touched on it earlier, but 25 fouls and one yellow card is disgraceful in itself, Oliver basically letting them continue their dirty style.
All in all Oliver had a lousy game today.
He allowed a lot to go unpunished, the exception being McGinn towards the end when he walked through three tackles, was himself fouled, but Oliver sees fit to pull it back.
Hope MOTD2 has the rule book out tonight for Jacobs stolen goal.

The thing that surprised me was, Leicester committing two dozen+ fouls but, the only player they had booked was Maddison in injury time.
I'd like to see Sanson and Buendia in the same side. I think they would gel, they are both intelligent and I'm sure Sanson could not only read the great runs Buendia makes but, he more than has the ability to pick Emi2 out.
Ramsey really needs to get on the training pitch and learn how to keep his shots under the height of the crossbar and within the width of the goalposts.
I am impressed with the way Marv has improved his forward passing ratio and accuracy. He's always been really good at breaking up attacks, he can really tackle. This may be totally untrue but, the impression I'm getting of Ollie this season is, after a successful last season he seems to think he can take that extra touch or, extra second or two before taking his shot. This allows a keeper to get set and able to read where the shot is going to go.

In training Ollie needs to practice lifting his shots. With Casper and goalies that like to save with their legs you need to lift your shots.