Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December | Page 28 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December

Leicester keeper Kasper Schmeichel told Sky Sports: "It's disappointing, we had enough chances in the first half to go a couple of goals up. That's been our issue this year. We can't perform for all of the 90 minutes.
"It's frustrating, we're working on it every single day."

On Aston Villa's disallowed goal: "It's an obvious foul, I'm surprised we needed VAR, I'm surprised there's a conversation about it.
"He's absolutely whacked my hand. My thumb still hurts, I'll probably need an X-Ray on that later.
"For me, it's not even a conversation, it's a foul."

from the BBC sport website.

So Schmeichal doesn't even know the proper reason that the goal was disallowed!

Thrilled with the win and the progress under Gerrard & Co.

Not happy at all with yet another incompetent referee performance from this clown who throughout the game looked like a rabbit in headlights as he lost control of the game and something the Leicester thugs picked up on and proceeded to kick lumps out of our players.

UTV.

Looking at the disallowed goal again, given that Var was in force, I think that was correct. Schmeichel has stopped the ball with his hand on top, and Ramsey hasn't yet made contact. Only a fraction of a second in it, but it's there. Correct decision IMHO.

Enjoyable game, whatever. We looked a force and if only we cut out a few of the poor passes we'd be excellent. Nakamba MOTM for me, although SJM pretty close.

Looking at the disallowed goal again, given that Var was in force, I think that was correct. Schmeichel has stopped the ball with his hand on top, and Ramsey hasn't yet made contact. Only a fraction of a second in it, but it's there. Correct decision IMHO.

Enjoyable game, whatever. We looked a force and if only we cut out a few of the poor passes we'd be excellent. Nakamba MOTM for me, although SJM pretty close.

But the fact he had a hand on it doesn't apply as he had just made a save.