Man's best friend | Page 17 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

I will never have another dog. Just could not go through the heart break again when they go.
I have to say that was a factor mate. I feel the same. However my wife is an onwards and upwards type, and our son spoke to the lady that supplied our last beauty for the first time in twelve years, just to let her know what a fabulous dog she had been and incredibly she has a litter of six from the same blood line.
Wife and son said it was a sign, and I was outvoted.
Must say I am now getting excited about picking her up on Saturday.

We acquired a dog this year,: I say acquired as 2nd junior KK informed me we needed to take temporary residence of his best friend dog.

Its a long messy story as these things are so it was only supposed to be a short term let however that is not the case.

Begrudgingly I have found myself becoming very attached.

His name is Rogue and he is a Japanese Akita. Rogue is 6.

He is the most daftest sloppiest dog you can imagine.

Alot of people have said that he reminds them of Mr KK.

Rogue demeanour is very much like Mr K.K. laid back, nothing bothers him, introverted yet sociable, doesn't mind being on his own. However I don't know how he would be if someone went for one of us. Don't want to be in that situation to find out

Only ever heard him bark once properly. We were shocked. The nearest you get to hearing any noise from him is when he us asleep and gives yappy dream barks.

He is a weird dog that fits our household perfectly. People said you have become attached. I grumbled no I haven't a while ago. It is true though I have.

If we had to have a dog he is the best one we could have temperament wise. His brother just the same.

Thought we were going to give him back the other week. I was not happy.

Guess he has signed up now for life long tenancy. The dog at the back of Rogue is our friend dog Meg
IMG-20210927-WA0001.jpg
received_570306197641209.jpeg

We acquired a dog this year,: I say acquired as 2nd junior KK informed me we needed to take temporary residence of his best friend dog.

Its a long messy story as these things are so it was only supposed to be a short term let however that is not the case.

Begrudgingly I have found myself becoming very attached.

His name is Rogue and he is a Japanese Akita. Rogue is 6.

He is the most daftest sloppiest dog you can imagine.

Alot of people have said that he reminds them of Mr KK.

Rogue demeanour is very much like Mr K.K. laid back, nothing bothers him, introverted yet sociable, doesn't mind being on his own. However I don't know how he would be if someone went for one of us. Don't want to be in that situation to find out

Only ever heard him bark once properly. We were shocked. The nearest you get to hearing any noise from him is when he us asleep and gives yappy dream barks.

He is a weird dog that fits our household perfectly. People said you have become attached. I grumbled no I haven't a while ago. It is true though I have.

If we had to have a dog he is the best one we could have temperament wise. His brother just the same.

Thought we were going to give him back the other week. I was not happy.

Guess he has signed up now for life long tenancy. The dog at the back of Rogue is our friend dog Meg
View attachment 53617
View attachment 53618

Under your skin KK.

Top one is Kaia (11), then Ebbie (9).

Youngest started asking a couple of weeks back when we'd jump again, so after a chat we agreed we'd look properly from Feb, but missus had already been checking just to see what was out there.

Last Friday she spotted Ebbie, fell and dragged me along, then we noticed it was a twofer as Eb didn't like being separated from Kaia (not sisters) but been together for the last 8 odd years. Saw Kaia, fell again but then it was the 'can we cope with two' concerns for me, especially being Husky's. Missus in her wisdom dragged eldest down (youngest was with old man so she phone called), both of them fell themselves (oldest for Kaia, youngest for Eb) and already knowing I wanted to say yes but had concerns about two, I held out until about 2.30am with them chipping on and our 'expression of interest' went in at about 3am lol

If you think you love them on those photos Heath (if they work) check these links.

https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/rehoming/dogs/dog/filters/ken~~~~~d~~/1251101/kaia
https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/rehoming/dogs/dog/filters/ken~~~~~d~~/1251104/ebbie

Both have opposite heterochromia (if I've got the right one).

I've already blamed everyone else for twisting my arm lol

Quickie before I log off and cry over my bank balance.

Any recommendations for fair price insurance companies for life cover?

Having Rox far younger we always built up a little aside for Vet bills etc knowing full well if she stuck with us there would be arthritis issues at some point. Being 11+9 that's clearly more quickly on the horizon, but looking at PetPlan as a first gambit, given their exclusions (and the crap we'd never claim for) I'm thinking do the same again - so are there better out there?

I thanky in advance.

Quickie before I log off and cry over my bank balance.

Any recommendations for fair price insurance companies for life cover?

Having Rox far younger we always built up a little aside for Vet bills etc knowing full well if she stuck with us there would be arthritis issues at some point. Being 11+9 that's clearly more quickly on the horizon, but looking at PetPlan as a first gambit, given their exclusions (and the crap we'd never claim for) I'm thinking do the same again - so are there better out there?

I thanky in advance.
I don't think they take dogs on over 8 years old, then they don't cover existing stuff and you still have to pay the £40 vets consultation. We don't have any of ours insured as it's dead money and doesn't even cover the full bill.
I've spent about £1300 on the cat when she was run over and £1000 on the Lab with her ailments, I'd have spent far more on insurance in the lat 10 years. The others it's been routines stuff insurance doesn't cover anyway.
Our Lab has yumove plus tablets for her hips and elbows and hydrotherapy once a week no insurance will cover that either not the 4 years she's been on it. Costs a fortune ie £30 a week plus £26 a month for the tablets but we love her and it's still less than some people spend on wine a week

Ha ha Mike, two beauties.
Don't know why you even bother making any protestations, nobody listens to us.
I wanted to wait aswell, but I am now sitting looking at the little bugger.
We were the same the two Jack Russells both died within a week of each other and 2 weeks later we bought the lab and the Jug on the same day, we inherited the little fuffy Papillon from my Mrs ex-mother in law when the old dear croaked it he's 14 now we've had him 6 years and he's fitter than me but I have more teeth