Man's best friend | Page 15 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

For the luckiest amongst us, in my experience and I include cats as we had one when I was a teen, it's the closest I can imagine to how I'd feel if I lost one of my kids.

But dogs value their parents more lol
as dog owners we all understand the emotional trauma i guess , my 10 year old is slowing down now but still looks at me with the same love, her eyes are beautiful. My 8 year old is still running like a puppy but his back legs are going. i will be with them every step of the way now accepting the harder stages and treasuring every moment.

Nowt like it is there mate. Miss our Rox to this day and when not at 100% I still walk back through the door preparing myself to get assaulted and it's been well over a year now.

Just enjoy it matey.

lovely Mike , god bless Rox , just have to live in the moment and enjoy like all of life. thank you for the kind words for casey and zak.

I learnt the hard way in some ways, first dog (Ben) when I was a kid got run over and after recovering picked up Hep B, so had a treatment oil or lotion or something as I remember it. I was too young to understand and went with the dickish 'slimey' outlook, so I didn't say goodbye and to this day I remember him looking at me sitting in his basket waiting for me to go over and cuddle (shortened version) I came back from school the next day and he wasn't there.

Not made that mistake again with either Giz (our cat after him) or Rox. Heart breaking both times but I had to say goodbye out of respect even though with Giz it was after the 'moment' as I was working and my folks + vet decided it was time. Funniest thing with Giz, couldn't stand Claire until she got pregnant and then became possessive lol Rox's shining glory was meeting my nan for the first time and if it hadn't been for us lot catching her, she'd have ended up on the floor.

I have a history of mental fucking animals.

As you say mate, every moment and whilst I hope both have years to come, you know yourself, be there for the final moment. It breaks you, but it's better than not being there.

I trust you've put both of them on this thread, for immortality!

et your mind wander and mine is only 4. Make the most and enjoy it , definitely.

You've got a four year old mind?

200w.gif

but his back legs are going. i will be with them every step of the way now accepting the harder stages and treasuring every moment.

Oh and quickly, although I assume knowing you as I do dude you have this in hand. Raised food bowls to reduce pressure and bending, discourage stairs if you take them up or at least hand on backside as a help, and even little boxes to get on settee if you allow that etc etc

Any slippery floors (kitchen or whatever) go with a mat in the short term to help grip etc.

Oh and quickly, although I assume knowing you as I do dude you have this in hand. Raised food bowls to reduce pressure and bending, discourage stairs if you take them up or at least hand on backside as a help, and even little boxes to get on settee if you allow that etc etc

Any slippery floors (kitchen or whatever) go with a mat in the short term to help grip etc.
thanks mate appreciated

I learnt the hard way in some ways, first dog (Ben) when I was a kid got run over and after recovering picked up Hep B, so had a treatment oil or lotion or something as I remember it. I was too young to understand and went with the dickish 'slimey' outlook, so I didn't say goodbye and to this day I remember him looking at me sitting in his basket waiting for me to go over and cuddle (shortened version) I came back from school the next day and he wasn't there.

Not made that mistake again with either Giz (our cat after him) or Rox. Heart breaking both times but I had to say goodbye out of respect even though with Giz it was after the 'moment' as I was working and my folks + vet decided it was time. Funniest thing with Giz, couldn't stand Claire until she got pregnant and then became possessive lol Rox's shining glory was meeting my nan for the first time and if it hadn't been for us lot catching her, she'd have ended up on the floor.

I have a history of mental fucking animals.

As you say mate, every moment and whilst I hope both have years to come, you know yourself, be there for the final moment. It breaks you, but it's better than not being there.

I trust you've put both of them on this thread, for immortality!
zak is on smiling away as normal , will make sure i get casey on , she is my world

thanks mate appreciated

Particularly when it's been raining, I saw Rox come in and aim in one direction with her head whilst her arse went the totally opposite way- didn't do slow and steady lol

So we kid safed the house again for the dog lol

Although if you do let them upstairs I will warn you, position your hand carefully because if they deteriorate with the hindlegs they poop when they wobble lol

It's so hard, you have happy memories and that is all we can take . We gave them a great loving life.
i have 2 beautiful dogs , one is 8 and one is 10 so we are into the autumn years . they are like my children , i cannot imagine life without them we are together always.
dogs are a big commitment in my opinion its worth it. but you have to prepare yourselves for the inevitable which in my opinion is impossible. I cried just reading Wittonites post on Lola . Not ashamed to say that, dogs are a huge investment in emotions.
Thank you Silhill for your kind words, and thanks to you all from the wittonite family for your warm and understanding comments.
Only six months ago my wife and I were out with her in the woods and I said to Mrs wittonite that when Lolas time came I hoped it was on or after a good walk, and so it happened.
Late on the night she went down breathing hard and struggled to get up.
We rung the vet, who did ECG and ultra sound exam which confirmed she had suffered heart failure.
She said dogs dont have heart attacks like humans, and they dont have any pain during one, they just fade and die.
I am not what you would call an emotional person, but as Melon says, they really get under your skin. Tears in my eyes once again, and miss her so much.
Enjoy your beautiful dogs Silhill, and yes, they are an emotional investment, but one that is worth every second, and all the tears.