The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 110 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

This just in

Man Utd transfer target Jack Grealish will hold crunch talks with Aston Villa chief Christian Purslow on his return from holiday. Grealish is keen on move to Old Trafford and wants to know interest will not be dismissed out of hand. Grealish also aware of Man City interest #MUFC

I doubt that any talks are necessary - Jack will have a buyout clause in his contract for sure and if someone hits it then he's very likely gone. He'll probably triple his salary in the process so with the way things are in the rest of the world right now he'd be insane not to take that contract if offered elsewhere ...

He knows that this could be his last chance of a big move and maybe he thinks we will be in another relegation battle this coming season.
The club need to show our top players some ambition if they want them to stay.

You're right but external influences (covid = depression) will likely overtake anything the club(s) can do IMO - every player out there will be desperate to secure the biggest/longest contract they can right now, wherever it is ...

I'm a stock market guy - hence the shout for the PL bubble bursting "soon" from as long ago as two years ago - trust me, when this bubble bursts it's not going to look anything like it does now and the recovery will be slow and painful. The PL shiny suit sales and marketing types will already have their CVs out looking for the next "product" they can pump to high heaven before they disappear again, Purslow and all.

I doubt that any talks are necessary - Jack will have a buyout clause in his contract for sure and if someone hits it then he's very likely gone. He'll probably triple his salary in the process so with the way things are in the rest of the world right now he'd be insane not to take that contract if offered elsewhere ...

It's already been stated that he doesn't have a buyout clause.

One thing puzzles me a bit. We've gone for a major revamp in the backroom department with the appointment of Lange and Mackenzie. Presumably their skills in unearthing gems in the transfer market is a big reason. But that doesn't sit too well with us going for Watkins, presumably just because he's played for DS before and DS thinks he's OK.

Maybe Watkins is just a makeweight. But makeweights don't usually come in over £8m or so.

If Man City were interested why would Jack be interested in Man U?

Because they may offer more than City - it's not a time to be choosy about clubs IMO mate, it's all about the size of the contract and the likelihood that the club will ever be able to pay you that money when the balloon goes up.

I'd take whichever club has the biggest revenue excluding turnstile and TV money myself.

They can want what they like but if clubs need to sell they'll have to take what they can get, we don't have to sell Jack lots of PL clubs don't need to sell but other clubs do.
These other clubs you have to target, clubs who furloughed staff like Norwich
Anyone in the PL will be fine and under no pressure to sell. Norwich will be absolutely minted after cashing in on PL revenue on a championship budget.

The good players will be in high demand which will keep prices high. Presumably the clubs in any real financial distress will be the ones with shite players anyway. Some people are talking like there will be a complete fire sale of top quality across the PL and Europe, sorry I just can’t see it. £40m for Ake proves the point.

If we do end up with a bunch of Brentford players, and at a premium I'll be concerned on a number of levels -

One they're not the proven experience required, and two, is this the fucking extent/ limit of Smith's network and knowledge of players, the one's he's managed before??? Three, what the fuck is Lange here for?

We're trying to get to PL safety and then competitiveness - this is going to mean much better players than Smith has worked with before at fucking Brentford and Walsall FFS.
Far be it for me to suggest you're paying too much attention to the media rumours, but keep in mind that none of the following are ex-Brentford: Mings, Hause, Targett, Heaton, Nakamba, Engels, Guilbert, Wesley, ElGhazi, Trezeguet, Luiz.
Of the three ex-Brentford players on the books only one was signed by Smith directly from Brentford and he was arguably our best defender this season. The one who had been at Birmingham for two seasons was a bit-part player who we got for free in exchange for a player who is half as good, and the other was loaned out by Smith.
Having said that, managers will always have a tendency to gravitate towards players they know, and most-importantly, trust.

Because they may offer more than City - it's not a time to be choosy about clubs IMO mate, it's all about the size of the contract and the likelihood that the club will ever be able to pay you that money when the balloon goes up.

I'd take whichever club has the biggest revenue excluding turnstile and TV money myself.
No, why would any player take Utd over City these days? Cannot understand that. Man U are not in the same transfer league as City. City would pay him wheel barrows full of cash and win things, Utd will struggle to get Europe again.

Personally if we could get Watkins I would be happy with that I do think he has something about him but we would need that bit of experience to go with him somebody like Giroud would be perfect.

And that's one of the points. Are we going to spend on 2 forwards when we have already spent on 2 forwards in the past season. Can't see it.
We will sign one forward in my humble. And will have Wesley, Samanogoal, Cows arse with a banjo Keinan and new man.

Which is why new man has to be a significant step up I.e bags of experience and hopefully goals at the top flight.

Not one season wonder (at the moment) who's previous experience is Exeter and Weston super mare.

And that's one of the points. Are we going to spend on 2 forwards when we have already spent on 2 forwards in the past season. Can't see it.
We will sign one forward in my humble. And will have Wesley, Samanogoal, Cows arse with a banjo Keinan and new man.

Which is why new man has to be a significant step up I.e bags of experience and hopefully goals at the top flight.

Not one season wonder (at the moment) who's previous experience is Exeter and Weston super mare.
That's what I'm saying if it's just going to be Watkins I think it will be a mistake if we pin all our hopes on him.Thing is when will Wesley be back Samatta is useless Davis doesn't score so yeah why not bring a class forward in who's in the twilight of his career to help out for a season or two.

Back enjoying the transfer thread again I see.

Notts Forest fullback linked as well to get your juices flowing.

According to Matt Law of the Daily Telegraph, Villa are weighing up a bid for either Todd Cantwell or Emi Buendia.

I guess he still has to make up his mind.